Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-10-2011, 11:25 PM   #16
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter

ginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: It's clear if you have a legit point guard you beat Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
I think it hurts most with point guards like Rose and Rondo who are so damn quick and can draw the defense so easily which makes it even harder in terms of rebounding more so when you have guys like Noah and Boozer for example who are so good on the boards. Same with KG, davis e.t.c

yea. its interesting though.

i think most people don't understand that you stop pg's with your bigs. its just not realistic to stop penetration with your perimeter players. really only cp3 and rondo can do this. just look at the lakers in the finals. yes, kobe played solid defense on rondo, but the main crux of the problem for rondo was that gasol/odom/bynum were waiting for him in the paint.

so this allowed the lakers to make the proper rotations defensively. the heat don't have this luxury. they are forced to over help which leads to open shots and offensive boards.

and spo is clearly in favor of making teams make shots....which i tend to disagree with anyway. so the pack it in style gets even more destroyed with penetration because people are scrambling around so much that they forget to rebound.

haslem will help a lot next year...or this year...whenever he comes back. but they have to get a decent center.

put haywood on this team next to bosh for 30 minutes a game and i honestly think they easily win the title this year.
ginobli2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:25 PM   #17
ashbelly
NBA sixth man of the year

ashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave
I think it's because the Knicks are somewhat unpredictable, they run that crazy offence of D'Antoni's.

Plus honestly I think Melo is a tougher match up for the Heat than Kobe is. They don't seem to have much problem shutting down Kobe.

melo and Lebron cancel out. Bosh and amare cancel out, they might have an advantage in Billups but they have no one to stop wade. Also our centers >>>>.
ashbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #18
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

its not that simple. the bulls games were all close. its not like the bulls completely dominated the heat with PG play. it was a problem earlier in the season during the 9-8 start when the PGs would expose the Heat pick and roll rotations because none of the players had ever played with each other before on a consistent basis so the defensive rotations were out of whack.

the latest losing streak for the heat is simply getting production out of the bench and bosh that produces wins or losses, imho. wade and james will be the constants and the bench and bosh will be the x-factors.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #19
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

To think I've only been saying this since 9-8....
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:32 AM   #20
Mr. Grieves
He shoots, he bricks.

Mr. Grieves has decent reputationMr. Grieves has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave
I still think Miami takes Chicago in a 7-game series.

Boston and maybe even New York I think are the only two teams they fear.

Lol what? They don't fear the Bulls? 0-3 this season, and they cried about it.
Mr. Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: