Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool
Default Triano Trying to Give Bayless More Minutes

Quote:
Jerryd Bayless has been traded twice this season, which has meant learning many new plays.

“The hardest part? Just the transition and learning all of the plays,” Bayless said. “I’ve learned three different playbooks, and each playbook is probably 60, 70 plays. So I’m learning 60 or 70 plays three times. Also, just finding out what everybody does well. With Portland, I knew because I’d been there for a few years. I went to New Orleans and I was only there for a few weeks. I tried to learn that. And then I came here. It’s definitely been an interesting year.”

Bayless has enjoyed his time with the club.

“I love not only the organization but the city,” he said.

But Bayless has also been inconsistent in his time with the Raptors.

“I think the one thing with him is he needs to play a little bit,” Raptors coach Jay Triano said. “I have probably not given him enough minutes up to this point. Over the last three or four games, I’ve been able to give him more minutes. I’ve been able to play him with Jose as well. I think he’s responded well to that. He’s playing through mistakes instead of going out there and being afraid he’s going to get pulled if he makes one.”

Bayless is under contract for one more season.

“It’s one thing to learn and know an offense,” Triano said. “It’s another thing to learn and know it from five positions. And that’s what we expect from our point guards.”

How does Bayless fit into our future plans? I can't see him as a starting PG of the future and a backup at best, regardless of what him and his ego thinks. I don`t think he will be accepting to the backup role long-term but the playmaking isn`t there.

What do you guys think?

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/...k-in-progress/
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Triano Trying to Give Bayless More Minutes

He should be playing as much as possible the rest of the season.

It's pretty obvious that the Raptors will jump at the chance to dump Calderon's deal the first chance they get. Why not see if Bayless is worth keeping around for the long run? It's not like it's going to harm the Raptors playoff chances. If he sucks, so be it. You let him go and move on. At least there won't be any uncertainty that you might have missed out on something good with him that another team discovers later on.

In terms of talent, I don't see a single spot in the starting lineup that should be guaranteed locked down for years to come. No one on the current roster has proven to be good enough for that so I don't see what the harm in giving guys like Bayless and Johnson minutes to see if in the small chance they could be that.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

There's no reason not to play him. He played well with extended minutes when he got them, but his time has been inconsistent, and his play has suffered because of that.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #4
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Giving Bayless more minutes = full tank mode. I'm all for it. Now my only issue is that Ed Davis get more minutes, then i'd be really happy.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I think the one thing with him is he needs to play a little bit, Raptors coach Jay Triano said.

And then Bayless only plays 18 minutes vs Indiana. Anything else Triano? This organization is stupid from the GM down to the coach.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:21 PM   #6
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
And then Bayless only plays 18 minutes vs Indiana. Anything else Triano? This organization is stupid from the GM down to the coach.

He's a moron of a coach. Even JJ who was 6-6 from the field and played pretty well overall, barely played in the second half. Bustnani shot 1-13 with 5 rebounds and still played 30 minutes. Why not give Dorsey some extra minutes?

There's absolutely no accountability on this team.

Freakin Barbosa is going to make us lose a spot or two in the draft.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:26 PM   #7
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Giving Bayless more minutes = full tank mode. I'm all for it. Now my only issue is that Ed Davis get more minutes, then i'd be really happy.

Ed Davis playing more than Bargs today
12 pts
13rebs 2 blks
kmart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #8
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Danny Granger was pissed off that Barbosa took that final shot with less than 10 seconds left.

Quote:
Danny Granger took strong exception to Lenardo Barbosa attempting a shot with less than 10 seconds remaining in a game that Indiana had conceded with Toronto up 108-98.

"If I was on him I would have took his neck off him," Granger told Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star. "That’s unsportsmanlike. I would have taken his head off and busted his lip.”

Barbosa had 29 points in the game on 21 shots.

The Pacers have now lost six consecutive games.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #9
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Danny Granger was pissed off that Barbosa took that final shot with less than 10 seconds left.
We're an 18 win team and Barbosa is one of the nicest dudes in the league. Give me a break Granger.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:14 AM   #10
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
We're an 18 win team and Barbosa is one of the nicest dudes in the league. Give me a break Granger.

I bet you any money Barbosa knows some crazy Jiu Jitsu and would whoop Granger's ass
Old 03-12-2011, 01:21 AM   #11
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Barbosa took that shot on purpose because the last time we played the Pacers, Collison took a 3 with a second left even though the Pacers were up by a lot. Tranny was pissed off about it and tried to take a timeout with a second left to get back at the Pacers. I wouldn't be surprised if he told Barbosa to take that shot.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:38 AM   #12
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
Barbosa took that shot on purpose because the last time we played the Pacers, Collison took a 3 with a second left even though the Pacers were up by a lot. Tranny was pissed off about it and tried to take a timeout with a second left to get back at the Pacers. I wouldn't be surprised if he told Barbosa to take that shot.

Good memory
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:20 AM   #13
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Granger's a bit of a nutter isn't he
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #14
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Granger's a bit of a nutter isn't he
Seems like it..
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #15
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

This win sucks...