Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #16
dak121
College star

Default Re: Talks break down...

Owners want that extra Billion and they'll probably get it unfortunately.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:50 PM   #17
dak121
College star

I'm guessing that next season will be shortened by about 4 games, as an agreement won't be reached until late August / early September.

Then they'll start playing an 18-game schedule in 2012.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #18
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
His contract isnt guranteed in full plus it was did over where Saints can void 2012, 2013 years. Drew Brees was seeking an extension before the CBA deadline and got nothing.

Drew not caring what the owners take home is funny. Owners are saying they dont get enough. Players say prove it. Open the books so we can see if what you are asking justifies what you have been getting. They dont seem to want that. Them opening books of parts they didnt ask to see is irrelevant.

Drew also has to make sure its fair for his peers, teammates.

Owners are the greedy ones. Side with the players. Owners are crying broke. They are the ones that want things changed, different. Not the players. Players are fine for the most part with how things were going. Owners werent.

Here we are.
okay, well maybe you are right, I don't know what the numbers are...I guess the players don't know what the numbers are either...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #19
crounsa810
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Really? How about they stop being such greedy ***** and work out a deal. A potential lockout will leave the door open for another sport to potentially dethrone the NFL(NBA, MLB?).

It would be a weird sight not watching football this coming fall.
Not likely considering the NBA is heading towards the same path the NFL took, and MLB's CBA runs out this year as well I believe. I want my sports damnit
crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:25 AM   #20
DuMa
Canned

if no agreement is reached by the start of the season, the NFL will just use replacement players, am i not correct. there will still be an NFL season but without household names wearing your teams' jerseys
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:03 AM   #21
dak121
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
if no agreement is reached by the start of the season, the NFL will just use replacement players, am i not correct. there will still be an NFL season but without household names wearing your teams' jerseys

Considering the political climate right now with unions in general, the owners would be making a huge mistake using replacement players.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:43 AM   #22
Riddler
Step 11

If there is no NFL season this year, I want people to take note of how powerful GREED really is.

why can't they just work out an extension of last years deal (meaning DeQuan Bowers would get 70 million)... and then they have 12 months to negotiate for 2012.

whatever they did last year, obviously was good enough for everybody... so extend it one more year under the exact same terms.

problem solved.

and again... If some of these Banks & Businesses were too big to fail,... I here-by claim that the NFL is way too f*cking big to fail, so if the Government and Obama have to step in and Nationalize the entire NFL, I'm all for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qXjXsckVGY
Obama discusses NFL labor dispute

Obama... what "other stuff" do you really have to do?... The NFL is the purpose of life, and you know it. WWIII, Earthquake in Japan, Financial Meltdown... those are nowhere near as important as the potential MEGA DISASTER of not having a 2011 NFL season. (and I'm not joking to some degree)
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:49 AM   #23
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

They aren't going to miss games. There's simply too much money on the line, it really is that simple.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #24
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

The owners are completely in the wrong on this, and I hope they lose badly when this goes to court. If they really want more money, then just open the books and let's see the numbers; but they'll never do that.

The 18 game schedule is never gonna happen too. The owners are just using it as a bargaining chip.
Sarcastic is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: