Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Top ten reasons why it's great to be a Nets fan today--

- five wins in a row, last one against the mighty celtics.

- 1,000 tickets to go (and dropping) in order to have sold out three straight games.

- with every day it becomes more clear that the nets and the nuggets made the best deadline trades (IMHO, of course).

- prokhy just won the french legion of honor and the way that this short post mentioned it required me to pick myself off the floor after reading it.

- the reaction of the day comes from a nets fan sitting courtside at the celtics game.

- since the d-will trade, nets are averaging 107.6 points per 100 possessions, scoring 103.4 points per 48 minutes, assisting on 67.5 percent of their made field goals and shooting 46.2 percent as a team. those are all crazy jumps upwards, compared to pre-dwill.

- every day the new brooklyn arena is a little closer to being finished, and every day that both pleases me and pisses me off a little more than the day before. pleases me, for obvious reasons. pisses me off, because i've moved out of the area and have no friggin idea when i'll be able to eventually visit it.

- d-will is sounding more and more enamored of the nets, lately. he went from being a clearly pissed-off individual, to one who seems excited about playing with lopez, humphries and the rest, and clearly pleased to be running a team the way that he wants to. at this point, if he was allowed to, i think he would gladly agree to the much-sought extension that the nets badly need him to make.

oops... that's only eight reasons. oh well.

EDIT: just for fun i posted this to the main area as well. two pages of comments, so far:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=213569

Last edited by gigantes : 03-15-2011 at 02:59 PM.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Top ten reasons why it's great to be a Nets fan today--

God, some people are so retarded, it makes me realize why I stopped posting here for a while.

I never ask people to praise the Nets, just indifferently respect them. That's all. I never go out of my way to diss other teams, just when someone else prompts me to do so.

And for Knicks fans to diss the Nets, it becomes even comical. I even said that the Knicks would be my 2nd team if it weren't for the annoyingly ignorant fans that somehow haven't been victims of natural selection.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Its very funny how theres a Nets thread of how they did something good, than Knick fans come in it and try to spoil a good thing and always turn it bad.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:39 AM   #4
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

@RecSpecs110,
ROFL at the last line, there.

anyway, yea... i had forgotten what an obnoxious asshole that GOBB is.

and to me, this situation is one of the drawbacks of living in the states, i.e. youthful people get rewarded in too many ways for being loud and obnoxious. because in this culture, they get encouraged to be such 'badasses', but in most other cultures i've experienced, you pull that kind of behavior and you'll quickly find yourself alone and shut out. because other people simply won't tolerate your presence...

it's funny: in life, i see some people evolving while others seem to be devolving. or maybe it's just my eyes, because i can't fathom how such a thing is even possible.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
And for Knicks fans to diss the Nets, it becomes even comical. I even said that the Knicks would be my 2nd team if it weren't for the annoyingly ignorant fans that somehow haven't been victims of natural selection.

Quote of the day. I think the same. When I lived in Manhattan I desperately wanted to root for the Knicks and would've been open to switching fandom when the Nets move to Brooklyn. Unfortunately the doosh fans that hate on the Nets for no real reason prevent me from doing so.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #6
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wonder how many of those "knick fans" were knick fans last year?
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #7
Blu
I brick open layups

Blu has decent reputationBlu has decent reputation

Knicks have been irrelevant for 11 + years. Can you blame them for hyping up their irrelevant team? I mean, if they were like the nets, who went to the finals back to back years, they wouldn't be so self conscious in putting down another franchise?

^^ see what i did there? ;)
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: