Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-13-2011, 01:21 AM   #16
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Finals MVP - Kobe vs Gasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990
i am pretty sure the refs got the fmvp last season.
Boo hoo.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:22 AM   #17
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginobli2311
i think he shot like 27% in the 4th for the series and i know he had a few costly turnovers in tight games.

not going to debate this really....my point stands.

its a legit debate. you know it....i know it....everyone knows it. doesn't mean kobe wasn't deserving....just that it was actually close enough to debate.

Oh no I'm not debating the stats I'm just saying what makes the entire 4th quarter more important than the first 3?

Why not post his stats from quarters 1 - 3?

The 4th quarter is 12 minutes long. A lot can transpire in that time and not every game is decided in the 4th quarter. I'm just tryin to get the logic is all.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:22 AM   #18
Colby Brian
Banned

Colby Brian has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
i think he shot like 27% in the 4th for the series and i know he had a few costly turnovers in tight games.

not going to debate this really....my point stands.

its a legit debate. you know it....i know it....everyone knows it. doesn't mean kobe wasn't deserving....just that it was actually close enough to debate.

not really, kobes numbers are way better
Colby Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:23 AM   #19
asdf1990
College star

asdf1990 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Boo hoo.

here is the fourth quarter play by play of game 7

lakers bring up ball, foul 2 FTs

game over lakers win
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:25 AM   #20
Colby Brian
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990
here is the fourth quarter play by play of game 7

game over lakers win

Old 03-13-2011, 01:26 AM   #21
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter

ginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Oh no I'm not debating the stats I'm just saying what makes the entire 4th quarter more important than the first 3?

Why not post his stats from quarters 1 - 3?

The 4th quarter is 12 minutes long. A lot can transpire in that time and not every game is decided in the 4th quarter. I'm just tryin to get the logic is all.

oh...the logic is that when a game is tight at the end and your star player shot jacks and doesn't hit many shots and turns the ball over....its really hard to win.

kobe played really poorly in the tight games down the stretch other than game 7.

that is the logic. the supposed best crunch time player was actually really bad.

sorry, if you can't see the logic that how you play late in tight games is more important than the first 3 qtrs then this is a pointless discussion.

you aren't one of those:

"a basket in the 1st qtr is as important as a basket with 1 minute to go in a tight game"

are you?
ginobli2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:28 AM   #22
Colby Brian
Banned

Quote:
oh...the logic is that when a game is tight at the end and your star player shot jacks and doesn't hit many shots and turns the ball over....its really hard to win.

kobe played really poorly in the tight games down the stretch other than game 7.

that is the logic. the supposed best crunch time player was actually really bad.

sorry, if you can't see the logic that how you play late in tight games is more important than the first 3 qtrs then this is a pointless discussion.

you aren't one of those:

"a basket in the 1st qtr is as important as a basket with 1 minute to go in a tight game"

are you?

im pretty sure kobe scored more in the 4th quartes, he did in game 7
Old 03-13-2011, 01:29 AM   #23
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter

ginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby Brian
im pretty sure kobe scored more in the 4th quartes, he did in game 7

there is a thing called efficiency...probably the most important metric in basketball.

might want to learn this before posting. by all accounts you'd have iverson over kobe using your logic.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:31 AM   #24
plunderblunder
Banned

plunderblunder has not been impressing people

i dont understand kobe won the fmvp both times. whats the point of this thread?
plunderblunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:32 AM   #25
bl2k8
High School Varsity 12th Man

bl2k8 has not been impressing people

It's only a debate to those with an agenda, if Pau showed up in Boston he'd have a legit case
bl2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:33 AM   #26
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

you aren't one of those:

are you?

That is true but is every game a tight one? Does every game come down to the last shot? The 4th quarter is 12 minutes man. A LOT can happen in that time period I know you are trying to say "Well Kobe's 4th quarter stats are bad so he isn't clutch or a crunch time performer". I'm not saying he didn't have some poor moments in that series. I'm saying that just using the 4th quarter in its entirety is a bad way to state your case.

If Kobe played like shit the first 3 quarters but played like jordan incarnated in the 4th quarter would you give him any credit for being clutch or a great crunch time performer? No you wouldn't because if he played like shit the first 3 quarters the 4th quarter wouldn't come down to one last shot it would just be a bad game for him in your eyes or mostly anyone's for that matter.

If you had "Kobe Bryant stats within 2:00 of regulation when the difference in score is 3 points or less" then it would be much better.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:42 AM   #27
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
That is true but is every game a tight one? Does every game come down to the last shot? The 4th quarter is 12 minutes man. A LOT can happen in that time period I know you are trying to say "Well Kobe's 4th quarter stats are bad so he isn't clutch or a crunch time performer". I'm not saying he didn't have some poor moments in that series. I'm saying that just using the 4th quarter in its entirety is a bad way to state your case.

If Kobe played like shit the first 3 quarters but played like jordan incarnated in the 4th quarter would you give him any credit for being clutch or a great crunch time performer? No you wouldn't because if he played like shit the first 3 quarters the 4th quarter wouldn't come down to one last shot it would just be a bad game for him in your eyes or mostly anyone's for that matter.

If you had "Kobe Bryant stats within 2:00 of regulation when the difference in score is 3 points or less" then it would be much better.

but kobe played pretty much like crap for all 4 qtrs. and the 4th qtr is relevant because many games were tight late.

41% shooting overall
27% shooting in the 4th qtr

anyway you slice it.....not good.

meh...i'm not having this debate with you.

4th qtr stats in tight games are certainly relevant and matter.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:42 AM   #28
Colby Brian
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plunderblunder
i dont understand kobe won the fmvp both times. whats the point of this thread?

people say that its actually a debate, and that kobe rode gasol for those rings
Old 03-13-2011, 01:45 AM   #29
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby Brian
people say that its actually a debate, and that kobe rode gasol for those rings

it is a debate.

he did not ride gasol.

the 2nd statement is idiotic.

the first statement is just true.

gasol's impact defensively and on the glass was huge....and Gasol's play in game 7....especially in the 2nd half and late was huge.

both were deserving. i wanted them to split it....honestly thought that was fair.

but acting like it wasn't close is absurd.....but that is the way of the stan....you will become a great stan i predict.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:47 AM   #30
Colby Brian
Banned

Quote:
it is a debate.

he did not ride gasol.

the 2nd statement is idiotic.

the first statement is just true.

gasol's impact defensively and on the glass was huge....and Gasol's play in game 7....especially in the 2nd half and late was huge.

both were deserving. i wanted them to split it....honestly thought that was fair.

but acting like it wasn't close is absurd.....but that is the way of the stan....you will become a great stan i predict.

i guess you can call it close, but kobe was clearly deserving
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: