Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-13-2011, 01:48 AM   #31
amfirst
Great college starter

amfirst has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Finals MVP - Kobe vs Gasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990
i am pretty sure the refs got the fmvp last season.

No that was the season when Wade won the title.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:48 AM   #32
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginobli2311
but kobe played pretty much like crap for all 4 qtrs. and the 4th qtr is relevant because many games were tight late.

41% shooting overall
27% shooting in the 4th qtr

anyway you slice it.....not good.

meh...i'm not having this debate with you.

4th qtr stats in tight games are certainly relevant and matter.

You're missing my point gino but whatever its all good. I'm not saying Kobe didn't play poorly in some of those games but whatever.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:50 AM   #33
amfirst
Great college starter

Kobe may shot poorly, but the fact is Celtics shot even worst, thus, they lost. Lakers won fair and square, no crying..
Old 03-13-2011, 01:51 AM   #34
amfirst
Great college starter

Quote:
here is the fourth quarter play by play of game 7

lakers bring up ball, foul 2 FTs

game over lakers win

Wade touch the ball 2 FT x 25. Two can play this.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:54 AM   #35
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter

ginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
You're missing my point gino but whatever its all good. I'm not saying Kobe didn't play poorly in some of those games but whatever.

no...i got your point.

you are saying i'd never give kobe credit if he played good for three quarters and awful in the 4th.

not really true. just depends on the game.

like game 7. kobe played pretty good down the stretch. made a big shot and drew some fouls...etc.

but overall it was still a poor game....and its not like he made the defining shots or anything. that was gasol and artest and fisher.

lets say kobe shot 41% overall...but then shot 60% in the 4th qtrs and didn't turn the ball over in crucial situations. that is the first thing i'd talk about if my stance was that kobe played better than his numbers.

but when you start with poor shooting/play....and then get worse in crunch time....i don't see the relevance.
ginobli2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:57 AM   #36
MayCeltics
Banned

MayCeltics posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMayCeltics posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMayCeltics posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
here is the fourth quarter play by play of game 7

game over lakers win

Ref Mode activated.

MayCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:59 AM   #37
LEFT4DEAD
A WITNESS!!!

LEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation here

I just don't know what this guy is trying to prove with this one-lined sentences. ISH has been seeing better times.

Every second thread is ****ing joke. Sad.
LEFT4DEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:04 AM   #38
Tez62
I brick open layups

Tez62 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
but kobe played pretty much like crap for all 4 qtrs. and the 4th qtr is relevant because many games were tight late.

41% shooting overall
27% shooting in the 4th qtr

anyway you slice it.....not good.

meh...i'm not having this debate with you.

4th qtr stats in tight games are certainly relevant and matter.

Kobe played like crap because he shot 41%?? The team shot 42% for the series, not exactly a big deal. It was a tough, defensive series.

If Pau brings his ******* on the road, there is no game 7. He basically took 3 games off. That's not a FMVP. And Kobe gets the edge for being the undisputed leader on the team. Pau shot 42% after the first 2 games at home, not good for a big man.

But FG% obviously isn't everything, Boston outshot LA 43.3% to 41.8%, why didn't they win??
Tez62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:05 AM   #39
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

*cough* shooting percentage *cough*
*cough* PER *cough*
*cough* bail out clutch plays *cough*
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:09 AM   #40
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

it could've gone to either player really. i thought kobe was clearly the finals mvp up until game 7, but that performance killed my enthusiasm and at the time i thought gasol should've got it. had the lakers lost, kobe's legacy would've took a huge hit. i still think it will eventually; it's hard to erase a 6-24 performance, even if he did score 10 points in the 4th and pull down 15 boards. in the first quarter he looked like a rookie. i still can't believe the lakers won the championship...

i don't think it's fair to compare field goal percentage since a) it was a defensive battle and b) it's a small sample size. had kobe not completely stunk it up in game 7 he would've finished around his usual 45-45% clip.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:13 AM   #41
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter

ginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterginobli2311 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tez62
Kobe played like crap because he shot 41%?? The team shot 42% for the series, not exactly a big deal. It was a tough, defensive series.

If Pau brings his ******* on the road, there is no game 7. He basically took 3 games off. That's not a FMVP. And Kobe gets the edge for being the undisputed leader on the team. Pau shot 42% after the first 2 games at home, not good for a big man.

But FG% obviously isn't everything, Boston outshot LA 43.3% to 41.8%, why didn't they win??

did i say fg% is everything? no. does game 7 not count? does play in close games not count? do costly turnovers late not count?

does playing outside the offense not count?

you act like i'm saying gasol was the runaway mvp. i never said that. i said its a legit debate...which any non stan would admit.

meh....i'm over it. you guys take the crazy stances and then act like we're nuts for saying something is debatable.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:14 AM   #42
Colby Brian
Banned

Colby Brian has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
it could've gone to either player really. i thought kobe was clearly the finals mvp up until game 7, but that performance killed my enthusiasm and at the time i thought gasol should've got it. had the lakers lost, kobe's legacy would've took a huge hit. i still think it will eventually; it's hard to erase a 6-24 performance, even if he did score 10 points in the 4th and pull down 15 boards. in the first quarter he looked like a rookie. i still can't believe the lakers won the championship...

i don't think it's fair to compare field goal percentage since a) it was a defensive battle and b) it's a small sample size. had kobe not completely stunk it up in game 7 he would've finished around his usual 45-45% clip.

kobe was 6-24
gasol was 6-16
lakers shot 32.5%, it was a defensive grind it out game, nobody shot the ball 50% or higher except fisher and glen davis
Colby Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:14 AM   #43
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime

i agree.

until game 7 it was pretty clear for me. but gasol's 19/18/4 and great play late goes a long way.

but again..i'm just saying its debatable. everyone that isn't a huge homer/stan could admit this.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:17 AM   #44
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby Brian
kobe was 6-24
gasol was 6-16
lakers shot 32.5%, it was a defensive grind it out game, nobody shot the ball 50% or higher except fisher and glen davis

so gasol shot 5% over his team's average. kobe shot 7.5% under it. that is a 12.5% difference. huge in determining the outcome of one game.

maybe kobe should have passed more when he was ice cold? maybe he should have just played the game within the offense like he did in game 6. just a thought.

like showtime said.....if the lakers lose that game i don't even want to think about what it would have done to kobe. and make no mistake, that game could have easily turned into a 20 point deficit in the mid to end third qtr when the celtics were up 13.

by the grace of god ray allen went ice cold when he could have put the lakers away.

reality.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:21 AM   #45
Colby Brian
Banned

Colby Brian has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
so gasol shot 5% over his team's average. kobe shot 7.5% under it. that is a 12.5% difference. huge in determining the outcome of one game.

maybe kobe should have passed more when he was ice cold? maybe he should have just played the game within the offense like he did in game 6. just a thought.

like showtime said.....if the lakers lose that game i don't even want to think about what it would have done to kobe. and make no mistake, that game could have easily turned into a 20 point deficit in the mid to end third qtr when the celtics were up 13.

by the grace of god ray allen went ice cold when he could have put the lakers away.

reality.

no what ifs or could woudas, lakers won
Colby Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: