Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #16
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board
Default Re: players you keep from the existing roster

derozan and davis

maybe Amir but dude's contract was a big mistake so itd be 50/50

as for everyone else...thanks for coming out haha
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #17
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz
derozan and davis

maybe Amir but dude's contract was a big mistake so itd be 50/50

as for everyone else...thanks for coming out haha

Amir's contract isn't THAT bad. It looked bad when he signed and at the start of the year, but teams almost always have to overpay for big men. He's overpaid, yes, but it's not a ridiculous contract. As long as he keeps providing energy, defense and rebounding, he'll be a good piece on the team. The contract looks a lot nicer once Reggie is off the books, as well.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #18
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
It's interesting to think about the top 5 picks because who we pick could very much influence the people we keep or trade. There doesn't seem to be a consensus #1 this year. Some have Irving, some have Barnes, some have Jones, it's all up in the air. If we get a big, then having Davis and Amir Johnson becomes redundant. A wing or a point guard I personally think would be our best bet. And then strengthen the rest of the team via trade.

Nice post. I want the raps drafting either Irving or Barnes.. those are our two biggest holes right now. Wait for next year to try and draft a center.. or try and pick up someone in the off season.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #19
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
Are you saying you would actually want to keep Kleiza, JWright, and Ajinca? Explain please.
Kleiza is a good young player. He wasn't healthy this season and this team has the bad habit of making players play through injuries. Anyway we'd have to wait until he recovers and play well next season to get value in a trade.

Wright will be cheap next season. I like what he does from the bench in limited minutes.

Ajinca has huge potential. He will be cheap also. It seems to me that he has a good impact on the floor with his huge wingspan and athleticism, even if he doesn't always take the right decision. I don't understand why he doesn't have more playing time.

Anyway it seems that Wright and Ajinca won't be here next season.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #20
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

We will be stuck with Kleiza for a while considering his contract. IMO hes a shooter at 6'8 and and is a below average post up player. He forces his game way to much, I dunno if he thinks hes a top player or if Triano just gives him the nod, but he forces his game a lot.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:12 PM   #21
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

The reason Ajinca doesn't play is because he blows. That's putting it as nicely as I can.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #22
Doko
High School Starter

Doko has decent reputation

PG- Calderon/???
SG- Derozan/Barbosa
SF- ???/Johnson
PF- Bargnani/Evans
C- ???/Davis

target a defensive C in free agency (Gasol, Jordan, Chandler), or trade Amir and Bayless for one (Haywood) draft Barnes if available.
dinasty
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #23
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd love an Ed Davis/Marc Gasol frontcourt going forward. Gasol isn't a defensive monster but not bad there either. I love the way he plays on offense though. He won't get many touches with Gay and Randolph on that team but he moves the ball well and just knows where to be. Just a smart player. I think Ed Davis has some big defensive potential in him too. It would be a good balanced frontcourt.

Irving
Derozan
?????
Davis
Gasol

When it comes to scenarios that are somewhat plausible, that's my dream.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #24
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I'd love an Ed Davis/Marc Gasol frontcourt going forward. Gasol isn't a defensive monster but not bad there either. I love the way he plays on offense though. He won't get many touches with Gay and Randolph on that team but he moves the ball well and just knows where to be. Just a smart player. I think Ed Davis has some big defensive potential in him too. It would be a good balanced frontcourt.

Irving
Derozan
?????
Davis
Gasol

I think that this quote from Triano today on The Score is interesting:

Quote:
“We’re going into our last 16 games and we’re looking at keeping our young players going, keep developing them. But we also have a top pick coming. We’re going to have money that we can use in free agency. And with the new Collective Bargaining Agreement — whatever happens there — we’re going to be in a position where the face of our franchise could change drastically within two or three months. And I think when you surround those possibilities with the development of our young players, I think that we’re in a pretty decent spot right now.”
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:49 AM   #25
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

Irving
Derozan
?????
Davis
Gasol

i would really like to see gasol on this team.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:47 AM   #26
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
i would really like to see gasol on this team.
But but but you hate European players! We all do!
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:39 AM   #27
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

No, people in this forum don't hate Europeans players in general... it is just bad luck that they hate the four concrete European players in the roster... and every European prospect that we could draft every season (oh, BC, no Gallinari please, no Montiejunas...)
But of course you love all the European players that play in other teams...

Last edited by FCardelle : 03-15-2011 at 07:42 AM.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:48 AM   #28
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
No, people in this forum don't hate Europeans players in general... it is just bad luck that they hate the four concrete European players in the roster... and every European prospect that we could draft every season (oh, BC, no Gallinari please, no Montiejunas...)
But of course you love all the European players that play in other teams...

Just the good ones.
I'm not a fan of carlos arroyo or darko milicic for example.

As for Marc Gasol, I don't think Memphis will let him walk, unless we give him a max contract. That would be a bad call.

As for current raptors. There is no one on the current team that has real superstar potential, so I am not attached to any of them.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #29
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
As for Marc Gasol, I don't think Memphis will let him walk, unless we give him a max contract. That would be a bad call.

I think this is the base line fact. Marcs game is what would be brilliant here but i think he is even "less touchable" than Cousins in Sacaremento (if that is possible so to speak).

Truth an Rumours posted about Barnes. Irving is the obvious 2nd choice. After those 2 - I really dont know. To Chamberlains post - lets see what March madness brings. There might be some stand up skills not evident before playing on the big national scene.

A big man in the draft - European or American (Chinesse, African, or Jewish) is something I really dont want to see either.

Big men are almost always "projects" over a couple of years. Since we "should have cap room" and quality assets with manageable contracts in return I would prefer to see a big man aquired.

I am on record for taking a flyer on Oden for example. I think there are more also available.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #30
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is funny. Ok so for myself, European players I like:

Marc Gasol
Dirk Nowitzki
Danilo Gallinari
Tony Parker
Marco Bellinelli
Pau Gasol
Gorin Dragic
Pops Mensah-Bonsu
Thabo Sefolosha
Marcin Gortat