Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #31
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: players you keep from the existing roster

Quote:
Thabo Sefolosha
I don't like him. It boggles my mind how the Thunder are still starting him over Harden despite Harden being a better player and MUCH better fit now that they have Perkins. Him and Keith Bogans are two players that I continue to wonder "how the hell do these guys keep finding starting spots in the NBA?".
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #32
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I don't like him. It boggles my mind how the Thunder are still starting him over Harden despite Harden being a better player and MUCH better fit now that they have Perkins. Him and Keith Bogans are two players that I continue to wonder "how the hell do these guys keep finding starting spots in the NBA?".
He's started over Harden because he's a much better defender than Harden and they used to have a lineup with Westbrook, Durant, Krstic, Ibaka which provided more than enough offense but left something to be desired on the defensive end. He's actually highly underrated IMHO. Nothing about him will stand out on the box score but he's one of those Shane Battier type of guys on the defensive end who is damn near elite in his defense of wing players but will never receive the recognition. And for 3 mill/year, what more could you ask for?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #33
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I also like Sefalosha. I find he's just one of those guys you can plug into any starting lineup and he won't hurt you. He plays good perimeter D, keeps the ball moving on offense and generally doesn't get in anybody's way. I think Harden is the better player, but for the balance of the starting 5, Thabo works.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #34
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, that's pretty much what I mean. Harden is of course the more talented player of the two, but I think you're always gonna need a Thabo type of guy on your roster. A guy who guards the perimeter well, doesn't demand the ball on offense, makes the correct plays and generally just fits in quietly wherever he goes, a low key kinda guy.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #35
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Man I love OKC.

They really got it right.

They know they can't attract top level free agents so they build through the draft and make shrewd moves.

BC, take out your notebook.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #36
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

You can afford to have a defensive stand-out if your team is offensively balanced the rest of the way through. This is usually for the very good teams. Like if Sefolosha was in Toronto, and he was starting, he wouldn't look good, he would look like someone who couldn't do jack on offense.

Same thing with Boston. They had Perkins and Rondo starting. But Allen, Pierce and Garnett more than made up for them. They were good enough to space the floors, where they don't necessarily play their traditional position on the floor on the offense where they can step out and take the shot.

As for the draft? Need/Want Kryie Irving. Barnes is a backup plan for me. But as a GM, I would do my best to get him; even if we don't win the lottery. I would trade up to get him...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #37
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
You can afford to have a defensive stand-out if your team is offensively balanced the rest of the way through. This is usually for the very good teams. Like if Sefolosha was in Toronto, and he was starting, he wouldn't look good, he would look like someone who couldn't do jack on offense.

Same thing with Boston. They had Perkins and Rondo starting. But Allen, Pierce and Garnett more than made up for them. They were good enough to space the floors, where they don't necessarily play their traditional position on the floor on the offense where they can step out and take the shot.

As for the draft? Need/Want Kryie Irving. Barnes is a backup plan for me. But as a GM, I would do my best to get him; even if we don't win the lottery. I would trade up to get him...

We have to get Irving or Barnes. I wish we could trade away Bargs for a 1st.. use that to get Barnes and Irving.

Lineup of:

Irving/Bayless
DeRozan/Barbosa?
Barnes/Johnson
Davis/Amir?
???/???
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #38
bokes15
Playoffs!

I would be all for using Bargnani or maybe Calderon (or both) to obtain another draft pick. Only players that I would like to classify as "untouchable" going forward are Ed Davis and Derozan (and MAYBE Amir).
Old 03-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #39
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

If Bargnani can get us a top 5 pick it needs to be an automatic trigger. I find this draft is kind of underrated there are some really good players. Sullinger, Irving, Barnes, Walker and Jones are all going to be really good NBA players. Adding any one of those 5 as well as wherever our pick falls will be a great step forward in rebuilding.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #40
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I would be all for using Bargnani or maybe Calderon (or both) to obtain another draft pick. Only players that I would like to classify as "untouchable" going forward are Ed Davis and Derozan (and MAYBE Amir).

The only reason Amir is untouchable is because most people don't want his contract. I wouldn't mind keeping him as an energy guy that will run the floor.

I also don't think to many people are going to offer a top 5 pick for Bargs.. but I really really hope they do lol.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #41
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes
The only reason Amir is untouchable is because most people don't want his contract. I wouldn't mind keeping him as an energy guy that will run the floor.

I also don't think to many people are going to offer a top 5 pick for Bargs.. but I really really hope they do lol.

I could see Utah maybe moving one of their picks for Bargnani. Okur will be gone soon, and they could have a big man rotation of Jefferson, Bargnani, Favors and Milsap. They'd still have one lottery pick, cap space and Devin Harris.

Not too bad. We can dream.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #42
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I could see Utah maybe moving one of their picks for Bargnani. Okur will be gone soon, and they could have a big man rotation of Jefferson, Bargnani, Favors and Milsap. They'd still have one lottery pick, cap space and Devin Harris.

Not too bad. We can dream.
Utah would then have a major logjam at the 4 spot and would have to trade either Al Jeff or Millsap to make that work. I don't see that one happening.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #43
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

well we could take favours off their hands too.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:40 PM   #44
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Maybe we can take one of Portlands wing players, they overstocked on wing players over there (Rudy, Wes, Wallace, Batum, Roy, Fernandez) all of which I think are really good. Much better than most all of the wing players that we have here. I'd trade Bargs, Calderon, or any other veteran to try and get those guys or a combination of them.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:08 AM   #45
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Maybe we can take one of Portlands wing players, they overstocked on wing players over there (Rudy, Wes, Wallace, Batum, Roy, Fernandez) all of which I think are really good. Much better than most all of the wing players that we have here. I'd trade Bargs, Calderon, or any other veteran to try and get those guys or a combination of them.

Interesting.

I'd very happily take any combination of two of them in return for Bargnani/Calderon. And that includes the international players.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: