Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-16-2011, 06:53 AM   #46
Doko
High School Starter

Doko has decent reputation
Default Re: players you keep from the existing roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Interesting.

I'd very happily take any combination of two of them in return for Bargnani/Calderon. And that includes the international players.

sure, until we start losing again.
then they'll also be euro-trash, too soft for the real NBA men
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:36 AM   #47
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko
Doko is right. We should cheer for a losing team because we are privileged to have European players on it.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #48
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko

I've never used the words "euro-trash" or "too soft for the real NBA men".

Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:38 PM   #49
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
(Rudy, Wes, Wallace, Batum, Roy, Fernandez)
The only one I'd be interested in for the Raptors current situation is Batum. Portland really likes him but they also got Wallace and might be going into a more "let's try to win now" mode. Getting rid of Calderon and/or Bargnani would be a win simply to get their deals off the books and allocate that to something more useful.

Roy's injury history combined with his contract is way too scary right now. Matthews is a decent SG but being paid a bit much for a bad team like Toronto to take on. Plus he'd take away minutes from Derozan. Rudy Fernandez is also an SG and just hasn't been that good.

Oh and to add on the Sefolosha discussion. I feel that an SG who gives you some decent defense but is almost completely useless on offense is a liability. Especially when you don't have much perimeter shooting in your starting lineup. It's like having a C that scores from the perimeter but doesn't do anything that you need from the position (defense and rebounding). Even Bruce Bowen had a deadly 3pt shot. I think he would've been a terrible player if he didn't even with that great D.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:04 PM   #50
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
The only one I'd be interested in for the Raptors current situation is Batum. Portland really likes him but they also got Wallace and might be going into a more "let's try to win now" mode. Getting rid of Calderon and/or Bargnani would be a win simply to get their deals off the books and allocate that to something more useful.

Roy's injury history combined with his contract is way too scary right now. Matthews is a decent SG but being paid a bit much for a bad team like Toronto to take on. Plus he'd take away minutes from Derozan. Rudy Fernandez is also an SG and just hasn't been that good.

Oh and to add on the Sefolosha discussion. I feel that an SG who gives you some decent defense but is almost completely useless on offense is a liability. Especially when you don't have much perimeter shooting in your starting lineup. It's like having a C that scores from the perimeter but doesn't do anything that you need from the position (defense and rebounding). Even Bruce Bowen had a deadly 3pt shot. I think he would've been a terrible player if he didn't even with that great D.

Great post. Batum is the only guy I would want from the Blazers stockpile of wingmen.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #51
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
As for the draft? Need/Want Kryie Irving. Barnes is a backup plan for me. But as a GM, I would do my best to get him; even if we don't win the lottery. I would trade up to get him...

Wow -total agreement.

Problem is he look really high on the Cavs list as well according to Truth and Rumors so in the end it comes down to ping pong balls.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #52
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think that we have a legit shot at Irving due to his injury. BUT, if people are willing to overlook that, he's probably gonna be a lock for being a top 3 pick (and at this rate we might end up at 4 or 5).

Edit: My dream scenario would be to draft Irving and then to trade Calderon to a team starving for a pg like Minnesota, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Houston, or someone else in exchange for a 2nd draft pick and trade Bargnani for a solid wing, suddenly this team would be looking pretty decent for the future.

Last edited by bokes15 : 03-18-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:13 PM   #53
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I think that we have a legit shot at Irving due to his injury. BUT, if people are willing to overlook that, he's probably gonna be a lock for being a top 3 pick (and at this rate we might end up at 4 or 5).

Edit: My dream scenario would be to draft Irving and then to trade Calderon to a team starving for a pg like Minnesota, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Houston, or someone else in exchange for a 2nd draft pick and trade Bargnani for a solid wing, suddenly this team would be looking pretty decent for the future.

IMO hes still number 1 overall. He just came back today and looked really good. Every other player in this draft class has had some struggles.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #54
bokes15
Playoffs!

Maybe, but this years #1 isn't that cut and dry. If Sacramento takes #1 overall, do you think they would take Irving in knowing they already have a stud pg in Evans and that it isn't their biggest team need? Or how about if Washington wins where they already have John Wall? I mean I personally feel it could go many different ways and that it's no 100% given that he will be the first selection in the draft.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:50 PM   #55
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Washington is the only bottom team that doesn't take Irving IMO. Unless someone else totally blows people away in workouts like Sullinger, Barnes, Jones, other Jones, or Kanter. If everything stays the same, he'll be at the top of the draft boards for Cleveland, Minnesota, and Sacramento. The Raptors will trade down for Montiejunas.

Sacramento would be retarded to think you can keep Evans at PG. He's a ball-dominant SG in the style of Dwyane Wade (but much stupider). Irving is a good enough shooter to play off the ball beside a player like that if he needs to.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #56
bokes15
Playoffs!

The thing is, we're only in competition with like 4 teams, and we have no idea where the lottery balls are gonna drop. It's not like it's a 10 horse race. 1 team that won't select him and 1 team that may not select him means that's pretty much a 50% higher chance of getting him.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #57
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

The Raptors have so many holes that I won't be crushed if they don't get Irving. I'd like him because I think he's the best talent and I like Duke but if the lottery doesn't work out, oh well. I'll take any major talent at PG, SF or C. I truly think Ed Davis can be a good future starter at PF. I'm willing to give Derozan some more time too despite his unspectacular season.

IMO, this team needs 2011 and 2012 high lottery picks and a new GM (with Maurizio being gone too) before it can get back to respectability.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:19 PM   #58
bokes15
Playoffs!

Yeah, that's the other thing I was gonna say that I also don't feel as though the world is coming to an end if we don't get him. There are other players that could very much help us in that top 5.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:21 PM   #59
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

What do you guys think about Kemba Walker?
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #60
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
What do you guys think about Kemba Walker?

I think he'll be a decent bench player. He's too much of a "me-first" kind of player, which works really well in his current situation, but it won't work so much in the NBA. He plays a lot like Iverson, but clearly has a lot less talent.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: