Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-16-2011, 05:56 AM   #16
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default Re: why are we still booing?????

Yes, I agree that Bosh didn't handle it right, but my point is that our general manager didn't handle it correctly either. No matter how much power Chris Bosh had, at the end of the day he's a basketball player, and BC is a gm. He makes the decisions and he calls the shots. The only time you don't have that power as a GM is when that player is when the player isn't under contract with you. Bottom line, whether anyone wants to admit it or not, is that BC took a gamble, and a bad one at that, and ended up failing miserably. And we can all talk about Melo's character all we want but lets not forget that the dude had the advantage of seeing the backlash of what down with Bosh and Bron, and that they sent him to the team he wanted to play for in the city where his smoking hot wife lives.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:51 AM   #17
Doko
High School Starter

So Bosh "wasn't clear about his intentions" now uh?
Let me remind you guys that Bosh openly stated that he loved the city and that he wanted to stay so much, and that he wanted to be the main piece, he wanted to be built around, Toronto is my home and blah blah blah.
He started to act "unclear" only after the deadline, when there was nothing we could do about that.
Sold out.
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:41 AM   #18
bokes15
Playoffs!

^^ Untrue. He said he loved the city at various points (Melo said he loves Denver, Bron said he loves Cleveland). He said he wants to be the main piece (anyone who wants a max contract would/has said that). But when asked where he wants to play the following year he never said "I want to play in Toronto." He always said something to the effect of "I'm here now, but i'm keeping my options open. I don't know where i'll be next year." And people just decided to assume that non-commitment = I want to stay in Toronto. If you ask your girlfriend to marry you, and she gives you an answer that isn't yes and it isn't no, would you consider it a yes because it wasn't a no? I know I wouldn't.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: