Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #31
Puretalent365
I airball my layups

Puretalent365 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The 2011 Draft Prospect Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Iman is talented and can become a very good defensive shooting guard who can score some. His problem is consistency. He's very erratic and his shot is very streaky. He's also incredibly turnover prone. I like him enough to be ok with drafting him, but if E'Twaun Moore is there, I'd prefer him. Though I think we can get him in the 2nd round.

With the fact he wont be asked to be the main ball handler or asked to be the man on this team. I m not worried about his turnovers or be very erratic. playing with a great PG will alone him to just play the game and not carry the weight of a team on him.I think Iman s defense puts him over moore.
Puretalent365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #32
Puretalent365
I airball my layups

I seen a couple of mocks having the Nets going with the UCLA duo of Tyler Honeycut in the 1st and Malcolm lee in the 2nd. How would you guys feel about that?
Old 06-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #33
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

ESPN almost never shows Pac- 10 games, I have no opinion on either of those guys. If we go with them, I hope they're worth it. Especially considering the Pac 10 hasn't been that great the past following years.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:53 AM   #34
Puretalent365
I airball my layups

The few things I read and seen on this UcLA duo. I rather Honeycutt in the 1st. he seems like Tyshaun Prince 2.0. In the 2nd Id go Iman over Lee. I think these UCLA players are getting love from the scouts because Ben Howland s players come in playing great defense and with better offensive skills then shown in school.

Honeycutt draft bios

http://www.nbadraft.net//players/tyler-honeycutt
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...oneycutt-5247/
http://www.nba.com/bobcats/2011_draf...honeycutt.html
Old 06-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #35
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

interesting how jeremy tyler's name keeps coming up. three years ago he was a hot prospect. two years ago he was a laughingstock. now he's back to being kind of interesting.

to me he's one of those guys who screams 'wasted pick for the team that drafts him, valuable player eventually for some other team.' then again, he would come very cheap if we did get him. then again, AJ has a history of being too harsh with players like tyler, turning them into malcontents.

so, yea... i guess i'm 50-50 on tyler at this point.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #36
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I don't know what to think about Tyler. If he's mature, fine, it's the 27th pick anyway. If he hasn't, then oh well we wasted a low first rounder.

I also wonder about Avery's ability to develop talent. He and Devin (back on the Mavs) had a rocky start, and Terrence Williams became a wasted lotto pick last year. Don't know what his relationship with Favors was like, but he and Brook seemed to butt heads here and there. If Avery can't develop talent, I almost rather see us pick a more seasoned guy to play for us. No use in picking a raw 19 year old with attitude issues that is going to take up roster space cause he and our coach can't see eye to eye.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: