Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #151
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Blu Ray thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
How is that Taxi Driver Blu Ray, Pete? I'm actually interested in buying that one from some of the things I have read. I've heard they do a masterful job and the extras are mind-blowing.

I haven't watched it yet, I simply haven't had the time. Probably not this weekend either, I really want to see something I haven't yet so 8½ or Raging Bull first.

As far as the package goes, It's incredible. The only con is that added this little slip cover thing that doesn't come off. Well, it could, but I wouldn't risk tearing the front cover.

But like I said a few times already, this is probably the best Blu Ray ever released so far. It's review is maxed out in every department: video, audio, presentation, and extras. Sony really out-did themselves.

If there is a must buy, I'd say this is definitely one of them.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #152
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Also, I can't stress how cheap $12.99 is for what you're getting.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #153
magnax1
Green Union's Grant

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn, that is a pretty good deal for 13$. I probably won't watch the extras, but I think I'll end up getting that.
Is the original Tron any good? In terms of the actual movie, not how good the blu ray looks etc.
magnax1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #154
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnax1
Damn, that is a pretty good deal for 13$. I probably won't watch the extras, but I think I'll end up getting that.
Is the original Tron any good? In terms of the actual movie, not how good the blu ray looks etc.

Sorry, haven't seen either.

I'm going to break in my Band of Brothers BD right now, ep one coming up.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:55 AM   #155
magnax1
Green Union's Grant

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Sorry, haven't seen either.

I'm going to break in my Band of Brothers BD right now, ep one coming up.
Love that series. Pretty much only TV series I'd be willing to pay for on DVD or Blu Ray.
magnax1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:58 AM   #156
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Every time this thread gets bumped, it makes me want to go out and finally pick up my Blu-Ray player and like 50 titles.

This might be a silly question.... but do you have to be a real videophile to notice the difference between an actual Blu-Ray and a legit 1080p rip of a Blu-Ray source???
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:15 AM   #157
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

I recently bought Beauty and the Beast and Blade Runner on Blu-ray. I saw that they were both given perfect scores, and I have to say, they both look amazing.

Blade Runner has been enhanced. I watched the workprint and original release, and the blu-ray version looks 10 times better. The Tyrell pyrimad looks fuzzy and dull in the workprint, and crisp and clear in the blu-ray version. It makes it look like a 90's movie instead of 80's.

Anyway, too tired to post the my collection list.

I'm trying to buy the original Arthur that just came out. Can't find it anywhere.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:29 AM   #158
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Every time this thread gets bumped, it makes me want to go out and finally pick up my Blu-Ray player and like 50 titles.

This might be a silly question.... but do you have to be a real videophile to notice the difference between an actual Blu-Ray and a legit 1080p rip of a Blu-Ray source???

No, 1080p is 1080p. At this point though, it's just easier to buy the blu-rays.

They take up a lot of space, and aren't cheap to copy.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #159
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:

No, there's no difference at all like RoseCity said. Go to page 2 and read the back and forth between me and RBA, I explain what you're missing from not buying the BD's.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:10 AM   #160
Mr. Grieves
He shoots, he bricks.

Mr. Grieves has decent reputationMr. Grieves has decent reputation

Yo. I've recently been picking up a number of blu rays.Seeking a criteria of cheap/good deals ($5-$15), good movie (IMO), and good blu ray quality especially if the movie in question really deserves blu ray treatment.

This is my current collection:

-3:10 to Yuma
-30 Days of Night
-The Devil's Rejects
-Lost in Translation
-Gran Torino
-Evil Dead 2
-Army of Darkness
-The Thing
-Terminator 2 / Total Recall two pack
-The Running Man
-Trainspotting
-Gangs of New York
-No Country for Old Men
-2001: A Space Odyssey
-Blade Runner: The Final Cut
-Troy: Director's Cut

So, anyone know of any good deals on blu-rays right now that would probably be up my alley? I wanted to get Inception/Black Swan, but $20-$30? F*ck you Hollywood.
Mr. Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:46 PM   #161
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

I swear I'm not buying anything that comes after Blue Ray
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #162
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just picked up Blood Diamond and Fight Club. Shameful really as I already have them on DVD
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:03 PM   #163
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Compare for yourself;

Source:

Encode:

A good encode can even be transparent at lower resolutions, like 576p. I love 576p.

*goes back to lurking thread*
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #164
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Check out this bad-ass Spanish Apocalypse Now SteelBook!

Depending on the region, I might have to import this baby.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #165
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Check out this bad-ass Spanish Apocalypse Now SteelBook!

Depending on the region, I might have to import this baby.

Well thank you, now I just may have to go out and buy my first blue ray. Dick.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: