Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #226
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Blu Ray thread!

I finally ended up getting a blu-ray player a couple of weeks ago. I love it so far. best thing about it is the USB hookup. I have 2 terabyte hard-drive where I have a 720 and 1080 mkv files watching it through the player.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #227
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Seriously thinking of getting a ps3 in lieu of an xbox now.

The PS3 is actually a very, very good blu-ray player....you can stream Netflix through it as well.

If you want to watch movies, on it, it helps to get the playstation blu ray remote, which makes everything easier than the playstation controller.

I think the Xbox used have a much bigger advantage in terms of games when they first started, but that's not the case anymore. Developers have really unlocked the power of the PS3 now....(I think it was easier initially to develop for Xbox.)
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #228
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

what's the difference between a cheap and a expensive bd player
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #229
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
The PS3 is actually a very, very good blu-ray player....you can stream Netflix through it as well.

If you want to watch movies, on it, it helps to get the playstation blu ray remote, which makes everything easier than the playstation controller.

I think the Xbox used have a much bigger advantage in terms of games when they first started, but that's not the case anymore. Developers have really unlocked the power of the PS3 now....(I think it was easier initially to develop for Xbox.)

I might turn around and get both because most my friends are on live...but it just seems like a waste to have all three systems because I sure in the hell don't have the motivation to play video games that much.

The thing is this will be my third box....kinda goes against my mantra to give Microsoft any more of my money after the 2nd time.

Last edited by Go Getter : 11-14-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #230
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I finally ended up getting a blu-ray player a couple of weeks ago. I love it so far. best thing about it is the USB hookup. I have 2 terabyte hard-drive where I have a 720 and 1080 mkv files watching it through the player.

That is nice.....what kind did you get and how much did it run you?
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #231
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ive hardley been buying any films since i bought a multimedia player- it was £45 and is tiny, it is basiclaly a little box that has a usb port. so it takes and anu hard drive. i just torrent blu rays- any films and plug them into the box= free blu rays of everything.

im shocked how few people own these things.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #232
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
im shocked how few people own these things.
I already owned a PS3 a Laptop and a fast internet.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #233
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Seriously thinking of getting a ps3 in lieu of an xbox now.

If you're a casual gamer pick up a 2nd hand PS3. I'm not sure what they're priced at on your side of the pond but over here there's an abundance of them..... Thanks recession!
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #234
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
what's the difference between a cheap and a expensive bd player

Internet connectivity is one feature than higher end bluray players have. Allowing you to stream movies from Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, etc. You can also watch YouTube on your TV and listen to music from Pandora. So there's a ton of internet apps.

Load time is another issue, Blu Rays have a lot of Data and take a while to load.

How well they up rez DVDs would be another issue.

Unless you have an outstanding TV, the image quality from the low end player of a good brand shouldn't be that noticeable from the high end player of that brand. And if you moving up from Standard Def, it will look great anyway.

Prices have come down, so that fairly cheap blu ray players today have more features than expensive ones from 3 years ago.

If I was buying today, I would make sure it supported the Internet Apps I wanted and it would be worth it to me to have WiFi built into the player.

CNET is usually pretty good for this sort of info.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #235
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Internet connectivity is one feature than higher end bluray players have. Allowing you to stream movies from Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, etc. You can also watch YouTube on your TV and listen to music from Pandora. So there's a ton of internet apps.

Load time is another issue, Blu Rays have a lot of Data and take a while to load.

How well they up rez DVDs would be another issue.

Unless you have an outstanding TV, the image quality from the low end player of a good brand shouldn't be that noticeable from the high end player of that brand. And if you moving up from Standard Def, it will look great anyway.

Prices have come down, so that fairly cheap blu ray players today have more features than expensive ones from 3 years ago.

If I was buying today, I would make sure it supported the Internet Apps I wanted and it would be worth it to me to have WiFi built into the player.

CNET is usually pretty good for this sort of info.
yeah the one i want to buy has wifi and it's also 3d if i ever get a 3d tv
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #236
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
If you're a casual gamer pick up a 2nd hand PS3. I'm not sure what they're priced at on your side of the pond but over here there's an abundance of them..... Thanks recession!

EDIT: My PS3 just broke, I now feel like an complete arse for mocking everyone else. Karma
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:00 AM   #237
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anyone find any deals on Blu rays on black friday?

Super 8 comes out next week but i want to see if theres a black friday deal on it
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:01 AM   #238
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I'll be making two very large BD purchases this month. There are quite a few Criterion releases I'm going to get. Barnes & Noble is having a 50% off sale on Criterion up until the 21st. I can't wait for Black Friday because if there aren't any Criterion sales on Amazon then I'll end up paying over $300 instead of about $205 which what they are with the sale.

So for my first order, all of them from the Criterion collection:

Carlos
Days Of Heaven
Fear and Loathing
Hunger
the Last Emperor
Naked
Paris, Texas
Playtime
Repulsion
Videodrome

$205

I might get something else instead of Playtime though, not sure I'll have to think about it. I have about 70 other BD's on my wishlist for Black Friday and Christmas.

I opted out of Repulson, Playtime and Naked for Blow Out [1981], Solaris [1972] and Gomorrah [2008]. All still Criterion and still a cool $205
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #239
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For anyone in Canada, Amazon.ca has The Lord of the Rings Extended Blu-Ray set on sale for $44.99 right now.

Just ordered it along with Inglorious Basterds.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #240
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
For anyone in Canada, Amazon.ca has The Lord of the Rings Extended Blu-Ray set on sale for $44.99 right now.

Just ordered it along with Inglorious Basterds.

Just got the Inglorious Basterds BD along with 18 others. I'll list them some other time. IB BD is so cheap for some reason. Not even because of the holiday, It's been $9.99 for a long time.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: