Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-25-2011, 11:48 PM   #301
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Blu Ray thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I'm tempted too. But I refuse to let my download patterns change from mp3 to movies. Although I have downloaded a movie or two.

Like Tron Legacy. Because that movie never ****ing was available from netflix till it was on streaming.
That and if you download 720p rips they're at least 4-8GB, 1080p rips are usually 10-15GB. Avatar in 1080 (extended edition just short of 3 hours) was almost 17GB.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:49 PM   #302
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
That and if you download 720p rips they're at least 4-8GB, 1080p rips are usually 10-15GB. Avatar in 1080 (extended edition just short of 3 hours) was almost 17GB.
Yeah, and I don't want to bog down my macbook, and I'm far too cheap to spend money on an external harddrive.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:49 PM   #303
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yeah, and I don't want to bog down my macbook, and I'm far too cheap to spend money on an external harddrive.
You can get a 2TB for like $100 or less now.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #304
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
When should I start converting to Blue Ray?

How many more years before it takes over. They only stopped making VHS's in 2004 I believe.

Not for a long time. It's not worth shelling out the money for a blu ray movie when you can get the same one on DVD for 1/2 or 1/3 of the cost.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:53 PM   #305
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You can get a 2TB for like $100 or less now.
I know, but sigh.

I try not to be a lawbreaker! look at the example you're setting!
Old 11-25-2011, 11:53 PM   #306
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
When should I start converting to Blue Ray?

How many more years before it takes over. They only stopped making VHS's in 2004 I believe.
Only way to tell personally is to research the titles you have/want and compare them to the DVDs. I personally don't have to shell out anything, I just download everything and my blu-ray player will play everything through my external hard-drive.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:54 PM   #307
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Quote:
I know, but sigh.

I try not to be a lawbreaker! look at the example you're setting!
Don't you download mp3s illegally? If you're robbing the candy store, you might as well go rob the bank.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:54 PM   #308
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There's many ways to avoid buying BD's if you don't want to go down that route Kizzle.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:55 PM   #309
Rose
Moon Wizard

Quote:
Don't you download mp3s illegally? If you're robbing the candy store, you might as well go rob the bank.
I never thought of it that way. I might look into it.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:58 PM   #310
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

LOL get with the times bro, you're jumping on the bandwagon a decade late
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:59 PM   #311
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Quote:
I never thought of it that way. I might look into it.
Personally I don't download anything via torrents anymore unless it's "some" music through Waffles.fm. Everything else I get is directly through shared sites like rapidshare, or megaupload or fileserve, etc. rlslog.net posts a ton of links of new releases that are split into rar files.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:00 AM   #312
Rose
Moon Wizard

Quote:
Personally I don't download anything via torrents anymore unless it's "some" music through Waffles.fm. Everything else I get is directly through shared sites like rapidshare, or megaupload or fileserve, etc. rlslog.net posts a ton of links of new releases that are split into rar files.
I'm a piratebay whore. I'll admit it.

I do use megaupload and such when I download movies.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:12 AM   #313
magnax1
Green Union's Grant

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Is there any reason not to use pirate bay?
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #314
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people

One reason not to use piratebay? hmm, well one reason not to use torrents in general for me is a nice email from some starz lawyers not exactly requesting I cease activity on some Spartacus seasons. I had no problem complying with that request and must say that I haven't downloaded any movies or tv shows via torrents since.

However, newsgroups have always been where its at even with paying for quality service. The only problem is where do you store all those gigs? I was around 400 gigs a month, just 24/7 queuing it up. And that was like 4 years ago. I would probably need like (5) 2 TB drives on rotation..and eh, to each there own. I'd rather just have the retail..

Anyways, good thread!
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #315
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnax1
Is there any reason not to use pirate bay?
I got too many e-mails for my ISP using Pirate Bay and other public sites because a sniffer would log my IP, they'd find out what ISP I used, then e-mail my ISP my IP address then the ISP would send me e-mails/letters basically saying, "Stop downloading copyrighted material or we will disconnect your service." After the 3rd warning I only use private torrent sites now. And even then you can still get caught, but very very rarely. I've been using private sites and direct download sites only for the last year and I haven't gotten contacted yet. But right before that when I used sites like Pirate Bay I got up to 3 e-mails within a couple month span. Almost everything I download is through direct download sites like MegaUpload.

It's one of those things where the ISP doesn't give a crap what you download. You're paying for their service, but if they keep getting bugged by the RIAA with what you're doing and they have to keep warning you, they'll disconnect your service because it's become a nuisance to them.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: