Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #346
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Blu Ray thread!

what I cant notice is the difference between 720 and 1080 I have a small 720hd ready 22 inch tv and my friend has a 42 inch plasma 1080p TV and it looks the same to me except his is big as ofcourse so it great to watch on, quality wise I dont see a difference, I want to get a bigger TV since LED's are getting cheaper so ill probably get a 32inch in the future, but right now BD are expensive in my country and DVD's are a dime a dozen( pirated) less then $1 each I can also download and usually only watch movies in my Galaxy Tab
ErhnamDjinn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #347
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It also depends on the PQ. If you're watching a shitty transfer, it doesn't matter what TV you use.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #348
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wanted to find this thread after Christmas. I added some new titles on BR from the holiday.

I got some as gifts and bought some with holiday currency, ya dig?

New BR's include:

Aliens (looks glorious and love the cover Art)
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Lion King 3D Diamond Edition
Metropolis (one of the most important works of art EVER,re-cut)
Super 8 (awesome special features)
Lost In Translation
The Fountain (looks magnificent)
500 Days of Summer (wanted this on BR for the art direction)

All in all, it was a nice little haul

I have about 30 Blu-Rays now and about 275 DVDs. I finally got my Special Edition of True Romance with the cover art I always coveted. Not a Blu Ray though
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #349
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
F*cking Amazon cancelled my Apocalypse Now because they ran out of them. I wanted that more than anything I ordered. Shitheads.

I have Apocalypse Now on BR. It really sucked me in further with the visceral imagery with its improved clarity/resolution.

Although, I don't have the ultimate serious version that you ordered! I'm jelly ni99a
Old 01-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #350
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well here's my collection so far, got more on my list to buy, but here's my list:

Space Jam
Remember the Titans
We Are Marshall
American Gangster
Book of Eli
Gladiator
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
3:10 to Yuma (2007)
xXx
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #351
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Which one? And not to be nit-picky, It's Blu-Ray Disc, Blu-Ray is considered one word so it would be "BD".

I ordered this one today

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Apocal...Blu-ray/14093/
Old 01-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #352
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
Well here's my collection so far, got more on my list to buy, but here's my list:

Space Jam
Remember the Titans
We Are Marshall
American Gangster
Book of Eli
Gladiator

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
3:10 to Yuma (2007)
xXx

Those are great movies to have on BD (word to Pete's)

However, for having the worst summer Blockbuster this decade (TF2) in the best format for home viewing. I hope it was a gift
Old 01-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #353
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Which one? And not to be nit-picky, It's Blu-Ray Disc, Blu-Ray is considered one word so it would be "BD".

I ordered this one today

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Apocal...Blu-ray/14093/

I have this version:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Apocal...-Blu-ray/7745/

I like your Cover Art much better but I can't complain cuz I have the Redux version and the theatrical
Old 01-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #354
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Check out the artwork for the ApocNow steelbook from Spain

I want to get that as a poster and frame it.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #355
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

Yea that's spectacular. Reminds me of Japanese art. Love how the helicopters look like ants lol.

I know you purchase online a lot from Amazon but Barnes and Noble is a brilliant place to buy from stores. They have entire sections for Criterion Collection, Foreign Blu Rays, you name it. If you really want a title and walk out with it, B and N a good place to go
Old 01-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #356
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

B&N is indeed a great source. I took advantage of their November Criterion sale and got 10 Criterion BD's. Saved about $100.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #357
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Those are great movies to have on BD (word to Pete's)

However, for having the worst summer Blockbuster this decade (TF2) in the best format for home viewing. I hope it was a gift
nah Transformers is one of my fav movies. have to have all 3 of em!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:08 PM   #358
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

wth is Apocalypse Now???
Old 01-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #359
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

Yea I believe we have discussed this before. I don't mind the 1st and 3rd one. They're action blockbusters that have both cool moments and corny moments.

The second one is just a travesty. I can't tolerate it. makes my blood almost boil the way Spider Man 3 did
Old 01-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #360
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
wth is Apocalypse Now???

One of the most famous war films ever made. It's an awesome and unique story about the horrors that reside in the mind after being on duty in battle.

It's set during Vietnam and is about an affected battle torn Captain Willard (Martin Sheen) sent on a crucial mission to neutralize a legendary Green Beret (Marlon Brando) who has become a threat to the American cause in 'Nam.

If you like well layered stories with themes and statements, AN is a must see
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: