Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #406
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Blu Ray thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Yeah I guess It's a good obsession to have.

How many do you think you have so far?
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #407
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes
How many do you think you have so far?

83 in my possession, 7 on order.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #408
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
83 in my possession, 7 on order.
Very nice, I only have 11 so far. But I've only had a blu-ray player since Christmas. Not sure if I want to keep all my dvds (have like 200) or start selling them..
Old 01-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #409
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Very nice, I only have 11 so far. But I've only had a blu-ray player since Christmas. Not sure if I want to keep all my dvds (have like 200) or start selling them..

I recommend blu-ray.com

If you want to replace all your DVD's, search them on that site, read the review and 99% of the time the reviewer will mention if the DVD package is better or if the new BD release is an upgrade.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #410
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yea Pete's shits on all of us. As far as hard copies, I probably have the 2nd most of the ppl that post in this thread and I have like 35
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #411
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Quote:
I recommend blu-ray.com

If you want to replace all your DVD's, search them on that site, read the review and 99% of the time the reviewer will mention if the DVD package is better or if the new BD release is an upgrade.

Alright, ill check into it.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #412
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Yea Pete's shits on all of us. As far as hard copies, I probably have the 2nd most of the ppl that post in this thread and I have like 35

And I only had like 27 in the beginning of December.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #413
BMOGEFan
Banned

BMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputation

Question on some of the quality of blu ray.

i own the godfather trilogy, batman begins, scarface in dvd format

do the blu ray version really show a huge difference in quality?
BMOGEFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #414
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
Question on some of the quality of blu ray.

i own the godfather trilogy, batman begins, scarface in dvd format

do the blu ray version really show a huge difference in quality?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Go...y/1003/#Review

Quote:
This Blu-ray edition of The Godfather Collection is perhaps the most impressive set ever released on home video. Sure, other collections may have offered more supplemental features, more movies, and many have offered audio and video qualities that present to viewers and listeners that "modern" high definition experience, and all of that is absolutely wonderful. However, no other collection can boast three all-time classic films, so painstakingly restored and presented exactly as they should be, in line with the original theatrical presentations, beginning back on March 24, 1972, and spanning some 18 and a half years. Now, almost 18 more years after the third installment of the series first screened in theaters, The Godfather Collection is available to own in a package that director Francis Ford Coppola closely supervised during the year-long restoration; we can watch this new Blu-ray edition with the high expectation that the director himself has issued it with his own recommendation as to the presentation's quality. The set also contains a wealth of entertaining and insightful supplemental features. Despite this lengthy review, few need me to convey how good this set is. It speaks for itself, as do the films, and like the films contained thereon, The Godfather Collection on Blu-ray will go down in the annals of home video as one of the finest releases of all time. Leave the gun, take the cannoli, and buy the Blu-ray. This set easily receives my highest recommendation.

You can look up the others.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #415
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Thinking about ordering a couple BDs online.. any suggestions?
Old 01-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #416
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Thinking about ordering a couple BDs online.. any suggestions?

Depends on your taste and budget.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #417
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Check this out: http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/
Old 01-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #418
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

One of my all time favorite movie posters. I have a copy of this from the 25th Anniversary re-release. I decided on a whim to go at the last minute and got my ticket about 5 min before the screening. When I went in the last three rows of seats were roped off and they were just letting folks in. Turns out that Scorsese was going to introduce the film and it had been sold out for like two days, but the last three rows were saved for VIPs and the folks from the liquor company sponsoring the event. I got my ticket because they just put a few more on sale when the saw that not all the VIP seats were going to be filled. This was at The Film Forum in NY and Scorsese pointed out that several scenes in the movie were filmed just a few blocks away. One of my luckier nights. The best part was running into an annoying film acquaintance on line for the 9:30 show because they tried to get tickets an hour before me, but they were sold out.

Here it is on Ebay

Last edited by KevinNYC : 01-12-2012 at 11:06 PM.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #419
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I REALLY want to order that but I've been hearing horror stories about Amazon.fr

And great story. There was a special screening of Taxi Driver around me for the release of the Blu Ray [which Sony spent $2.5 mil on], but I missed it. I couldn't find anyone to go with.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #420
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Step aside fool i got 44!
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: