Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #421
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Blu Ray thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Step aside fool i got 44!

ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #422
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

holy shit you nerds are really into this arentcha?
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #423
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs

It's come to a point where I'm on blu-ray.com 4-6 hours a day

I'm obsessed.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:39 AM   #424
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs

I just like having hard copies of art. I like the presentation of art. Movies can be films, films are art. Not all movies are art, of course, but all films are art. This may not make sense to some but it does to me

I would say the same thing about the framed fine art works I have on my bedroom wall.

I guess it just speaks to how much I respect the process of making a film that some ppl just see as a 1.5-2 hour way to keep their attention and be entertained. So many factors, decisions and people must collaborate to make an effective visual story. It's nice to have a tangible version, particularly in the best format with the best cover artwork
Old 01-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #425
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I REALLY want to order that but I've been hearing horror stories about Amazon.fr

And great story. There was a special screening of Taxi Driver around me for the release of the Blu Ray [which Sony spent $2.5 mil on], but I missed it. I couldn't find anyone to go with.

I also won tickets to the 25th Anniversary "Premiere" of Raging Bull just before the DVD release. It was the premiere, because when it originally came out there was no premiere because they were editing the film right up to opening day. Back then movies that weren't "popcorn movies" used to play one theater for a while and depend on word of mouth and reviews before opening wide. So Scorsese flew with the one print of Raging Bull on his lap to New York the night before it opened. If you remember in Raging Bull, there's a sequence of color home movies in Raging Bull and the lab cleaned up all the "dirt" and "scratches" that Scorsese intentionally added. I think they printed up that footage clean and used that. So Scorsese took the raw negative of that section and threw down the hallway to permanently scratch the film. The film's editor Thelma Schoonmaker talked and she mentioned that filmmakers sometimes check in on the local theater to make sure the film is being presented right--the projector bulbs are the correct strength, the aspect ratio is correct--things like that. She found that in one theater the projectionist had edited all the home movie footage out. She asked him what happened and he said, "Yeah the lab screwed up they put all in this color footage in one real." Somehow he never noticed that Robert DeNiro and Joe Pesci were in that footage.

The story behind Raging Bull was that it was DeNiro's pet project for years and Scorsese didn't want to do it, he had no interest in doing a boxing picture, but DeNiro's passion convinced him to do it. Also DeNiro and his other friends convinced him that he needed to work and that working would help Scorsese get over his drug habit which was getting pretty bad. So DeNiro is late for the screening and they hold everything up because they want him to talk. So maybe a half hour goes by and DeNiro comes in and gives his speech which I quote in its entirety.

"Thanks for coming. Enjoy the movie."

It was a pretty cool night. Except for one thing. I was sitting behind about 8 wiseguys who were convinced that Raging Bull was a comedy and had every single line memorized, so I got to hear every impact line said 9 times.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:48 AM   #426
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You're in NY obviously. So many indie theaters that run those kinds of events. I could never see a single night run of any of my favorite classics because there are no theaters around me that do that. I would kill to watch the Shining or the Godfather on the big screen.

I didn't know that about Raging Bull. I guess I never really researched it as much as other movies. I love stories like that. It's similar to the Unforgiven script that went around for 10 years before it got to Clint in the late 70's. He shelved it for a decade until he was old enough to play the part. It took a lot of convincing to get Gene Hackman to do it as well.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:51 AM   #427
Waking_Life
El Fuego Del Saber

Waking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pete has become such a film snob
Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:56 AM   #428
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just watched Drive tonight. Very decent. Didn't like the ending though.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #429
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I just watched Drive tonight. Very decent. Didn't like the ending though.
I love the soundtrack to it though.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:03 AM   #430
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Life

I would classify him as more of a 'film presentation snob'.

He imports the European steelbook versions of highly acclaimed films. That's awesome, that Jurassic Park one is filthy badass as is The Hurt Locker. Buying a region free player might be a tad excessive even coming from a film collecting freak such as myself.

However, if that's his vice, that's a really badass one to have that's not as destructive as pricey booze, dirty *****, etc.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:07 AM   #431
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Life

Nah, just like collecting and the presentation.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:08 AM   #432
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
I would classify him as more of a 'film presentation snob'.

He imports the European steelbook versions of highly acclaimed films. That's awesome, that Jurassic Park one is filthy badass as is The Hurt Locker. Buying a region free player might be a tad excessive even coming from a film collecting freak such as myself.

However, if that's his vice, that's a really badass one to have that's not as destructive as pricey booze, dirty *****, etc.

What he said^

But the region free player was only $80 + shipping, not bad at all
Old 01-13-2012, 01:14 AM   #433
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
What he said^

But the region free player was only $80 + shipping, not bad at all

Well in that case,

Old 01-13-2012, 01:17 AM   #434
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I almost bought an Oppo. No one's probably ever heard of it but It's the best BD player there is. They're insanely expensive. Their lowest model is $400.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:26 AM   #435
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Forgive me ignorance. Where are the main places you purchase the tin cases of blu-rays?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: