Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #31
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Blu Ray thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
We are including downloaded BluRays in this, right? Because, if we are only counting store-bought BluRays with the packaging and all, my collection would be... I think two... No Country for Old Men and Inglorious Bastards.
u can plug ur external hard drive rite into your tv or what? is the quality the same as an actual blu ray? just curious.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:31 PM   #32
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Yes, I have Black Swan. Don't have Taxi Driver, that's an re-release of an old movie?

Can you give me anything on Black Swan, video/audio quality?

Yes Taxi Driver is an old movie but It's a new BD release.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #33
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
It's just movies on it? Otherwise I'd say call a data recovery company.
Movies and music. I talked to Seagate about data recovery. They said that their rates START at $700 for data recovery.

I mean, all in all, it wasn't THAT bad... Only two months of downloads. I'm not trying to spend hundreds of dollars on what I can get back in a matter of weeks with a new device. Now, if my other hard-drive had crashed, as well, I would be f#cked... Because I have my music backed up on it.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #34
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
u can plug ur external hard drive rite into your tv or what? is the quality the same as an actual blu ray? just curious.
I have HDMI ports in my mother board and video card. I plug those directly into the TV. The video quality is perfect.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #35
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Can you give me anything on Black Swan, video/audio quality?

Yes Taxi Driver is an old movie but It's a new BD release.

http://www.demonoid.me/files/details.../008227762812/

Haven't watched it yet. Someone posted 9/9.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #36
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Movies and music. I talked to Seagate about data recovery. They said that their rates START at $700 for data recovery.

I mean, all in all, it wasn't THAT bad... Only two months of downloads. I'm not trying to spend hundreds of dollars on what I can get back in a matter of weeks with a new device. Now, if my other hard-drive had crashed, as well, I would be f#cked... Because I have my music backed up on it.

You really don't have to go through them, but like you said, there wasn't very important stuff on there, so it doesn't matter.

However in the future, I would never go through the company, because they charge you like that. What if it was simple mechanical failure? That's not close to $700 in labor, let alone half that.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #37
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
http://www.demonoid.me/files/details.../008227762812/

Haven't watched it yet. Someone posted 9/9.

I know It's available online, I thought you had the physical copy. Nevermind.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #38
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Haven't converted to Blue Ray yet and wont for another few years. I just built my DVD collection up, now they want us to switch.

VHS has been out, what since the late 70 and DVD didn't really become hot until what 2000. Now, they want us to convert after less than 10 years of the DVD being n the market.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:01 PM   #39
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have hundreds and hundreds of MKVs. They look and sound great.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #40
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Haven't converted to Blue Ray yet and wont for another few years. I just built my DVD collection up, now they want us to switch.

VHS has been out, what since the late 70 and DVD didn't really become hot until what 2000. Now, they want us to convert after less than 10 years of the DVD being n the market.
well keep in mind you can watch dvds on a blu ray player. and if you don't have a hdtv, you might as well get it over with and get one already.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #41
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

dude
with my 100 mbit connection i basically have any movie ever created on blu-ray or anything if u know what i mean lol

i facepalm anytime i see a videostore or movie-games collections in the shelves nowadays
just tell me any movie u want and BAM its done
my computer is connected to my 58" HDTV and surround sound system
be bout it

Last edited by pauk : 03-13-2011 at 10:27 PM.
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #42
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

do you really notice much difference? honestly? i watch dvd's in my blu ray player ona 42 inch hd plasma, it is suposse to "upscale" to 720 but i think thats bullshit, that would involve creating pixels that arent there. but the quality is very good. im yet to even watch a blu ray disc in my blu ray player, i really cant justify tripple the price or more for a blu ray when the picture quality is so damn good anyway. im keen to see something just to compare tho.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:37 PM   #43
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
do you really notice much difference? honestly? i watch dvd's in my blu ray player ona 42 inch hd plasma, it is suposse to "upscale" to 720 but i think thats bullshit, that would involve creating pixels that arent there. but the quality is very good. im yet to even watch a blu ray disc in my blu ray player, i really cant justify tripple the price or more for a blu ray when the picture quality is so damn good anyway. im keen to see something just to compare tho.

I've never bought a Blu Ray disc that wasn't on sale. I always go to Best Buy and see if they have any good ones on sale. Every single one I have was bought for $19.99.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #44
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4

triple? blu rays are about the same price as dvd's when they first came out

and search amazon, there's blu rays that are between $5 and $10, hundreds of them

how can you question difference if you haven't even watched a blu ray yet? just saying
Old 03-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #45
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I've never bought a Blu Ray disc that wasn't on sale. I always go to Best Buy and see if they have any good ones on sale. Every single one I have was bought for $19.99.

u use a ps3 or a dedicated blu ray player?

I'm thinkin of investing in a blue ray player but still it's kind of expensive
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: