Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #466
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Blu Ray thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Yeah. I got it last week for 31. I'm kind of disappointed. Because that six bucks difference would be a dinner at mcdonald's but oh well.

Hahah thats awesome. How are you enjoying the set so far? I'm thinking about getting it in the next couple weeks after I pay my rent and shit.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #467
Alamo
Banned

Alamo has decent reputation

I thought about buying the LOTR box set on blu-ray but instead I bought them separately because they were $8
Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #468
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes
Hahah thats awesome. How are you enjoying the set so far? I'm thinking about getting it in the next couple weeks after I pay my rent and shit.
Sound is AMAZING on both of them, which is great because the music in the movie is great. c wut i did thurr

The video is pretty good as well. The first one I think looks tremendous. I haven't been able to finish the second one so far, because I'm getting busy right before mid terms with class, papers, and the tub in my apartment broke so that's altered my schedule too. Rough stuff.

But I'd feel comfortable that saying Part II is going to be amazing overall.

If you love the Godfather it's a must own. In fact, I may actually watch Part III during spring break and give it a chance. I think I haven't watched it in about 3 years. And quite frankly Parts I and II get better as I get older.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #469
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Sound is AMAZING on both of them, which is great because the music in the movie is great. c wut i did thurr

The video is pretty good as well. The first one I think looks tremendous. I haven't been able to finish the second one so far, because I'm getting busy right before mid terms with class, papers, and the tub in my apartment broke so that's altered my schedule too. Rough stuff.

But I'd feel comfortable that saying Part II is going to be amazing overall.

If you love the Godfather it's a must own. In fact, I may actually watch Part III during spring break and give it a chance. I think I haven't watched it in about 3 years. And quite frankly Parts I and II get better as I get older.

Alright, I figured it would be amazing but I had to get some opinions before I spend 30 bucks on it.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #470
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just picked up a couple of my personal favourites:

The Vengenace Trilogy (Symparthy for Mr. Vengeance, Oldboy, Lady Vengeance). I loved Oldboy and Lady Vegeance while the first one was still solid overall.

Good review too: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Vengea.../14450/#Review

Also Three Days of the Condor. This, Marathon Man and The Silent Partner are a few of my favourite older thrillers that I could watch over and over again.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #471
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What are some good concert blu rays?
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #472
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Only concert ones I've seen are the John Mayer where the light is one.

And The Who at Kilborn one.

Personally, I don't notice too much difference in the sound quality between dvd/blurays in regards to concert ones. I mean there obviously is one. BUT, because it's mastered very well, I don't think the difference warrants a blu ray purchase.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #473
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Only concert ones I've seen are the John Mayer where the light is one.

And The Who at Kilborn one.

Personally, I don't notice too much difference in the sound quality between dvd/blurays in regards to concert ones. I mean there obviously is one. BUT, because it's mastered very well, I don't think the difference warrants a blu ray purchase.

who said anything about buying.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #474
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Just ordered:

glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #475
Alamo
Banned

Alamo has decent reputation

Immortals is coming out on blu ray next week, anyone looking forward to that?
Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #476
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo

It's been out on torrents for a week now.

And NO not really.

Just finished watching Foofighers at Wembley Stadium.... great BDRip!... I mean Blu-Ray disc.

Next up is NIN Live 'Beside You In Time'.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #477
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Quote:

Yeah it was good in theatres, definitely want to pick it up. Not sure if i'll get it on release date though.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #478
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I'm gonna pick it up when it's under $20.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #479
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
It's been out on torrents for a week now.

And NO not really.

Just finished watching Foofighers at Wembley Stadium.... great BDRip!... I mean Blu-Ray disc.

Next up is NIN Live 'Beside You In Time'.

whoa... I just started this thing, and the audio mixing is awesome!!!! the picture is also great, but I'm loving the mix.

The Foofighers blu ray audio was good, but I wasn't that big a fan of the mix. It felt like an after thought as they just said "let's just throw the guitars on the surround sound speakers" but that was it. This NIN has different instruments and sounds assigned to specific speakers and you can hear some of the nuances and small sounds spread out through each channel crisp and clear.

The video quality is also aided by NIN's great visuals and lighting.

And I just pressed play!!! I'm still on the first song!
Old 04-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #480
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The last two I got I am very excited to have in my collection.

Both, bleak and dark films but captivating and fascinating to watch unfold.

These are the versions I own
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: