Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #526
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Default Re: Blu Ray thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
Only if it has a cool hologram effect or embossed texture. Otherwise, I just toss them out in recycling.

I keep all of mine, hell some people will even buy them online.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #527
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcogswell

I keep all of mine, hell some people will even buy them online.

LMAO, I didn't even know those had any collectible value like that. If it's just a simple cardboard recreation of the cover/backcover on the keepcase, I don't see what's the point in having it. A needless annoyance.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #528
Rose
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
LMAO, I didn't even know those had any collectible value like that. If it's just a simple cardboard recreation of the cover/backcover on the keepcase, I don't see what's the point in having it. A needless annoyance.
There's threads on blu-ray.com about it. It happens a lot actually. Someone will bend their slipcover/bust it trying to unwrap it and then offer 2-4 bucks for someone else's if it's in near mint condition. It cracks me up.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #529
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Quote:

Some people like it for uniformity with the others on the shelf, and will go out of their way to find a slipcover for the movie they bought if it didn't have one. A few months after being released they stop producing the slipcovers, so they become harder to find.

Most slipcovers will go for $1-4 but some are crazily priced at like $25
Old 09-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #530
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
There's threads on blu-ray.com about it. It happens a lot actually. Someone will bend their slipcover/bust it trying to unwrap it and then offer 2-4 bucks for someone else's if it's in near mint condition. It cracks me up.

I bought two slipcovers in my life, and I was actually only buying them for the empty case the guy was shipping them with. $4 for 2 slips and 2 empty cases to replace the broken ones I had at the time.

I should just buy a 20pack of replacement cases on ebay to have but oh well.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:08 PM   #531
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose

X infinity

I'm weird and slightly OCD about my cases though. If my case is cracked or damaged in anyway (won't snap shut due to a missing piece), I have to replace it with a new one. But, definitely not obsessing over a simple cardboard slipcover. Glad I don't have it that bad.

Speaking of cases, I wish all Blu-Ray's came in the clear cases like Criterion's do.

Same size dimensions as a standard Blu-Ray case. I'm oddly annoyed by the extra blue space on top with that embossed "Blu-Ray" on most of the releases.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #532
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Quote:
X infinity

I'm weird and slightly OCD about my cases though. If my case is cracked or damaged in anyway (won't snap shut due to a missing piece), I have to replace it with a new one. But, definitely not obsessing over a simple cardboard slipcover. Glad I don't have it that bad.

Speaking of cases, I wish all Blu-Ray's came in the clear cases like Criterion's do.

Same size dimensions as a standard Blu-Ray case. I'm oddly annoyed by the extra blue space on top with that embossed "Blu-Ray" on most of the releases.

Some 3D ones by Sony have been in clear cases, but I wouldn't want all of them to come in clear. I like the blu cases, almost as much as my green cases that the Incredible Hulk and The Grinch are in.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #533
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

I'm still waiting for them to make an official release date for Fast and Furious 6 in North America, since its already been released for a few weeks in the U.K
Old 10-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #534
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Official Release Date for Fast and Furious 6 has been set as December 10, 2013, nearly 6.5 months after being released theatrically in NA.

I've got the steelbook on preorder.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:00 AM   #535
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Anybody go Blu-Ray crazy with all the Holiday deals? Had to of spent atleast like 350. Purchased like 10 steelbooks, 2 Criterions, The entire Friday 13th collection collectors edition, Indiana Jones collection, 40th anniversary collection of the Godfathers which comes in this like sick white/gold Bible.

Got tons of keep cases for X-Mas and picked up some cheap ones too. Up to 112 movies now
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:24 AM   #536
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Cineplex Store online here in Canada had everything 50% off last week. Also anything $14.99 and over got you a free ticket to the movies so I split everything up into several orders since it was free shipping regardless of the amount.

I just ordered a bunch of movies/shows that I loved but were always too expensive elsewhere. I basically cleared off my Amazon wishlist. Closer, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Up, Stranger than Fiction, This is the End, The Master, Nosferatu, Star Trek TNG seasons 3 and 4 and the Star Trek TNG movie collection.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:51 AM   #537
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
2 Criterions

From the Barnes & Noble 50% off? I picked up 10 Criterion's and a couple of StudioCanal Collection titles.

Criterion has been posting a few Sergio Leone photos on some of their social media sites. I hope this means they're getting the rights to the Dollars Trilogy and will restore/remaster it for a Blu-Ray release. The current Blu-ray release of those is a travesty... a cropped aspect ratio? Talk about disrespect to the visual genius duo that was Leone & Delli Colli.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:17 AM   #538
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
From the Barnes & Noble 50% off? I picked up 10 Criterion's and a couple of StudioCanal Collection titles.

Criterion has been posting a few Sergio Leone photos on some of their social media sites. I hope this means they're getting the rights to the Dollars Trilogy and will restore/remaster it for a Blu-Ray release. The current Blu-ray release of those is a travesty... a cropped aspect ratio? Talk about disrespect to the visual genius duo that was Leone & Delli Colli.

Nahh ordered one from Cineplex in Canada. Got it for like 24 bucks total which is great for Canada

Never seen the movies your talking about and actually haven't seen a ton of Criterions but I own 4 total now and every one is pretty much everything you'd ask for.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:18 AM   #539
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Cineplex Store online here in Canada had everything 50% off last week.

Boxing day or week sales are killer.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:59 AM   #540
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Nahh ordered one from Cineplex in Canada. Got it for like 24 bucks total which is great for Canada

Never seen the movies your talking about and actually haven't seen a ton of Criterions but I own 4 total now and every one is pretty much everything you'd ask for.

Which Criterion's do you have?

They are one of my favorite companies in any industry, because they take what they do very seriously. Out of their massive catalog of titles, they've made very few mistakes in terms of classic film restoration. It would do a lot for their reputation if they admitted their mistakes in those few cases and re-released them. Everyone's hoping that happens for 'Children of Paradise' and 'The Earrings of Madame de...' in particular.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: