Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-23-2011, 07:09 PM   #91
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Blu Ray thread!

The only downside is they are all more expensive then other Blu Rays.Around 22-28 bucks from Amazon.Or they are all special packs that go for around 30 bucks.

I got some movies coming in from amazon in a couple of days.

The Mist
Let me in
Kickass
Cloverfeild
Van Helsing
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #92
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation

Store bought Blu-Rays:

Full Metal Jacket
District 9
Inception
BBC Planet Earth
Social Network (Got it free today at Sony training)
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #93
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

scarface bd announced for september 6

i dont really care, i don't even like it
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #94
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think my next order will be:

Taxi Driver
Black Swan [pending reviews]
8½ [criterion collection]
Godfather collection [Coppola restoration version]

That covers my perfect formula of: one of my favorites, a new movie I loved, a movie I've never seen that I'm interested in, and a collection

And I can't believe I waited this long to make another order, It's been two months I think. I still have to wait two weeks.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:18 AM   #95
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

black swan reviews coming in finally, 4.5 out of 5 from blu-ray.com

mostly due to the lack of extras
Old 03-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #96
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Canceled that Black Swan Amazon order and got the Target exclusive version instead:

Normal version:

Target exclusive:

Ooh yeah.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #97
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

^^ nice. i may have to hit that up. that's a good deal.

i just picked up '300' on blu-ray for $10.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #98
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Taxi Driver pre-order price of $12.99

It will never be that cheap again.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #99
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What is the best brand and/or model of Blu-Ray player to purchase??
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #100
Rose
The cat's pajamas

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Ps3
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #101
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot

PS3 is still widely considered the overall best because of It's capability to play games, BD's, streaming, and web access. However for a standalone BD player, look no further than this list here:

http://www.blu-ray.com/products/inde...how=topsellers
Old 03-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #102
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Strictly as a Blu-Ray player, are you guys really saying the PS3 is the best option in terms of the quality, reliability, and features??

I've got a 360 and have no interest in switching platforms, and my new TV has all the internet-ready options and streaming capability I'll need.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:27 PM   #103
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

PS3 is a package deal really, but look at that list for standalone players. And yes, It's BD player is probably top three if not the best still.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #104
Rose
The cat's pajamas

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In reliability I'm sure it's highly rated.

Personally I bought my PS3 primarily for Blu-ray, and the occasional exclusive I play. such as Uncharted etc etc. I think Pete's the same way.

A standard blu ray play runs about 80-100 for a good one, so I figured **** it, might as well spend an extra 150, for the exclusives etc etc.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #105
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
In reliability I'm sure it's highly rated.

Personally I bought my PS3 primarily for Blu-ray, and the occasional exclusive I play. such as Uncharted etc etc. I think Pete's the same way.

A standard blu ray play runs about 80-100 for a good one, so I figured **** it, might as well spend an extra 150, for the exclusives etc etc.

Exact reason why I bought it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: