Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #106
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Blu Ray thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Exact reason why I bought it.

Also! Question: do ALL blu ray players upgrade the old dvds in quality somewhat? or is it just the PS3's? Because that could also influence Bankshot's opinion.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #107
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have the Samsung Blu Ray player. It's good. The add on adapter cost 70 to surf online, Youtube, Vudu HD Movies, etc. It's great.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #108
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose

Also! Question: do ALL blu ray players upgrade the old dvds in quality somewhat? or is it just the PS3's? Because that could also influence Bankshot's opinion.

I'm not sure if all of them do, but the best definitely do that.

There's really no reason not to buy one from that list I gave him, unless he's got a budget.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #109
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I'm not sure if all of them do, but the best definitely do that.

There's really no reason not to buy one from that list I gave him, unless he's got a budget.

Since I've got the Samsung LED and the Samsung Sound Bar.... i guess it makes sense to go with the Samsung Blu Ray player seeing as how it is the top-rated, non-PS3, Blu Ray on that list.

Budget really isn't an issue.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #110
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Since I've got the Samsung LED and the Samsung Sound Bar.... i guess it makes sense to go with the Samsung Blu Ray player seeing as how it is the top-rated, non-PS3, Blu Ray on that list.

Word. I love setups like that.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #111
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot

respect. You must have a good system going on. My roommate has the samsung blu ray player I believe, and he likes it.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #112
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Also my blu-rays are basically the trendy everyone has em, blu-rays.

Iron-man 2

there ya go I've got the Star Wars blu-rays pre-ordered though so I can geek out.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #113
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Already looking at my next order, it look something like this:

Moon
Videodrome [Criterion]
Apocalypse Now [full disclosure edition]
Wings of Desire [Criterion]

around $110

OR:

the Wire complete collection

Around $100
Old 03-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #114
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really hate when i see black bars on my TV screen.I thought having a 52 inch tv and a blu ray player would make the movie "fit" on my screen.

Watched kick ass 2 nights ago and it looked awsome except for the black bars.
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #115
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
I really hate when i see black bars on my TV screen.I thought having a 52 inch tv and a blu ray player would make the movie "fit" on my screen.

Watched kick ass 2 nights ago and it looked awsome except for the black bars.

On the sides or the top and bottom?
Old 03-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #116
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
On the sides or the top and bottom?
Top and Bottom.

I understand its because you get to see the whole picture instead of 80% percent of the picture.I just wish they could format it to where it would fit my entire screen without leaving out anything out.
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:32 PM   #117
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Top and Bottom.

I understand its because you get to see the whole picture instead of 80% percent of the picture.I just wish they could format it to where it would fit my entire screen without leaving out anything out.

Yeah it depends on how it was filmed unfortunately.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #118
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have possibly the WORST Blu-Ray collection ever

Spiderman 3 (came with the PS3)
Semi Pro (was $4.99 at Platos Closet)
The Wrestler (was $7 at a Movie Gallery going out of business sale)

So I've paid a total of $12 for 3 Blu-Rays
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:42 PM   #119
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Downtown Funky Stuff Maloneeeeee!
Old 03-29-2011, 11:48 PM   #120
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So as some of you know, I recently upgraded the shit out of my TV, and will soon be purchasing a top-of-the-line Blu-Ray player. You also may know that I have a very extensive library of HD-quality digital film rips.

What films out there absolutely must be watched on Blu-Ray instead of via a 1080p Blu-Ray rip?? I'm thinking it has to be a combination of quality of the film, its rewatchability, and visual awesomity.

What are the best Blu-Ray titles to own based on the aforementioned criteria??
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: