Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2011, 12:40 AM   #31
Svendiggity
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
Svendiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 607
Default Re: Is Kobe as good as MJ?

I think Kobe's defense is really underrated. I see people saying that his defense is overrated on here all the time. Kobe has freakish side to side body control for his size, and stat nerds don't see this attribute showing up in blocks or steals columns so they don't get it. He forces guys into difficult contested left handed lay-ups, or contested jumpers. Nobody gets by this guy going to there strong hand. If for some reason a man gets by Kobe, his bigs know what side of the rim to help at. I'm not saying Jordan couldn't drop 40 on Kobe, he could, but he wouldn't be flying to the cup dunking and doing acrobatic lay-ups like you see in the highlights. He wouldn't be getting by him that often. He'd have to work for his 40.

So to answer the question, I think he is as good. If they went head to head in there prime, I couldn't predict what would happen. I definitely don't see MJ destroying him like many people on here would.
Svendiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:42 AM   #32
jlauber
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 10,534
Default Re: Is Kobe as good as MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
Sorry, but people over 60 should not give their opinion in a discussion taking place on the Internet. Or, if they do, it shouldn't be taken seriously. The Internet is for YOUNG people. Roger?

Sounds like a very weak rebuttal to my point about Chamberlain crushing the clods that man the pivot in today's NBA.
jlauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #33
SavageMode
2EZ
 
SavageMode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,328
Default Re: Is Kobe as good as MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
That's only because he didn't post enough.
The shorter a post the easier to agree with it.
If you want to be universally liked, don't post more than a few words at a time.
Taking it to the extreme, you can quit posting altogether.
LOL. Internet popularity
SavageMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #34
elementally morale
NBA lottery pick
 
elementally morale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,967
Default Re: Is Kobe as good as MJ?

Quote:
MJ was basketball.


Whan was that?

I just checked it using Google.

Basketball:



MJ:


Last edited by elementally morale : 03-14-2011 at 12:46 AM.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:45 AM   #35
elementally morale
NBA lottery pick
 
elementally morale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,967
Default Re: Is Kobe as good as MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauber
Sounds like a very weak rebuttal to my point about Chamberlain crushing the clods that man the pivot in today's NBA.

As a European, I have a hard time figuring out why Americans cannot get sarcasm, even when it is absolutely palpable.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:46 AM   #36
UwishUhadWall
I don't get picked last at the park anymore
 
UwishUhadWall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The DMV aka the DC Metro
Posts: 220
Default Re: Is Kobe as good as MJ?

Is that supposed to be cute or funny?
UwishUhadWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:47 AM   #37
jlauber
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 10,534
Default Re: Is Kobe as good as MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
As a European, I have a hard time figuring out why Americans cannot get sarcasm, even when it is absolutely palpable.

Well disguised sarcasm.
jlauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:47 AM   #38
elementally morale
NBA lottery pick
 
elementally morale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,967
Default Re: Is Kobe as good as MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageMode
LOL. Internet popularity


Stop beating around the bush, quit sitting on the fence. Answer the original question. Kobe or MJ? I need answers. This topic is rarely discussed.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:48 AM   #39
elementally morale
NBA lottery pick
 
elementally morale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,967
Default Re: Is Kobe as good as MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UwishUhadWall
Is that supposed to be cute or funny?

Both.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #40
SavageMode
2EZ
 
SavageMode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,328
Default Re: Is Kobe as good as MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
Stop beating around the bush, quit sitting on the fence. Answer the original question. Kobe or MJ? I need answers. This topic is rarely discussed.
It's a never ending story on this forum... this topic has been discussed tons of times for even me who joined just last october.
SavageMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #41
elementally morale
NBA lottery pick
 
elementally morale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,967
Default Re: Is Kobe as good as MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svendiggity
I think Kobe's defense is really underrated. I see people saying that his defense is overrated on here all the time. Kobe has freakish side to side body control for his size, and stat nerds don't see this attribute showing up in blocks or steals columns so they don't get it. He forces guys into difficult contested left handed lay-ups, or contested jumpers. Nobody gets by this guy going to there strong hand. If for some reason a man gets by Kobe, his bigs know what side of the rim to help at. I'm not saying Jordan couldn't drop 40 on Kobe, he could, but he wouldn't be flying to the cup dunking and doing acrobatic lay-ups like you see in the highlights. He wouldn't be getting by him that often. He'd have to work for his 40.

So to answer the question, I think he is as good. If they went head to head in there prime, I couldn't predict what would happen. I definitely don't see MJ destroying him like many people on here would.


I won't answer this post, because you are the only one that gave it a thoguht. I give you this:
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #42
UwishUhadWall
I don't get picked last at the park anymore
 
UwishUhadWall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The DMV aka the DC Metro
Posts: 220
Default Re: Is Kobe as good as MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
Both.
Got ya. Just for future reference, it's kinda lame. Appreciate the effort though.
UwishUhadWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:50 AM   #43
elementally morale
NBA lottery pick
 
elementally morale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,967
Default Re: Is Kobe as good as MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageMode
It's a never ending story on this forum... this topic has been discussed tons of times for even me who joined just last october.

I joined in early 2002.
Still can't decide, though.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:50 AM   #44
PistonsFan#21
NBA lottery pick
 
PistonsFan#21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,188
Default Re: Is Kobe as good as MJ?

Since when did you become a troll?

MJ is the clear answer.
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:51 AM   #45
elementally morale
NBA lottery pick
 
elementally morale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,967
Default Re: Is Kobe as good as MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UwishUhadWall
Got ya. Just for future reference, it's kinda lame. Appreciate the effort though.



I think it beats the living sh!t out of MJ vs. Kobe threads in general.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy