Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 03-15-2011, 07:22 AM   #1
JG000
High School JV MVP

JG000 has an OK reputation so far
Default Should I drop Rondo?

I know he is a high caliber player but he's been absolute dog shit the last 2 or 3 weeks

Normally I'd keep him and weather the storm but Playoffs have started and I don't have time for this nonsense. His stat lines/ fantasy points have become garbage.

My league is shallow enough that I could use his roster spot for a decent role player and do an add/ drop every night. Many serviceable players are available in the free agent pool (James Harden, Boris Diaw, Kyle Lowry, Serge Ibaka - just to provide a few examples). A little bit of a cheap tactic I know but this a do or die week with the playoffs in motion

If the trade deadline hadn't passed I would sell him low. Unfortunately that is no longer an option. Desperate times call for desperate measure - Should I just drop Rondo?
JG000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #2
D.Z.W.
Great young streetballer

D.Z.W. has decent reputation
Default Re: Should I drop Rondo?

I definitely wouldn't.. unless you absolutely don't need his ast/stls - Boston has a good PO schedule, and the chances of him getting out of his slump are very high imo. I think you'll really regret it if a rival team snags him off the wire and ends up beating you because of Rondo. personally, there is no worse feeling than getting killed by a stud player whom you dropped when there was no apparent health issues.

Edit: if there is unlimited moves available in your league, theres nothing cheap about doing an add/drop every night, you are playing by league rules, you aren't doing anything unfair, do whatever it takes to win as long as its not foul play.

Last edited by D.Z.W. : 03-15-2011 at 08:44 AM.
D.Z.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:45 AM   #3
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Should I drop Rondo?

he is definatly dropable now that its the playoffs, what you have to do is look at the bracket and try to make a call on which teams you may face, can you win assists/fg%/steals, if not then you have a decission to make- that is a pretty shallow league your in. looks like alot of fa's will give you good contribution. all depends on which cats you are planning on winning against which teams. remember you only need to win 5-4.
im in a deep league and no.1 seed and im considering dropping him as i cannot beat the two teams in the assists cat that i will face in the semi's and finals. plus i have rudy gay...luckily i have a bye in week one to observe rondo's form and wether gay will even play....
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: