Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 02-25-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Abbott: "Forget what you knew about the Nets"

a lot of interesting articles going down lately, nets and non-nets related. although at this point, i think any nets fan knows every fact and POV worth knowing.

side note: the most fun fact for me was learning how prokhy jumped in at the last moment and sent the knicks into a panic, causing them to raise their offer at the last moment and gut their team even further. even better if he had no actual intention of signing anthony... which may or may not be the case. but if so, a masterful russian chess move from the land of chess masters.

regardless, i thought this particular article was one of the best because it highlights some things that have changed... things that most NBA fans are going to realise only later. and many of them, very sadly and reluctantly, at that. i.e., something big is changing and happening, right in front of our eyes:

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/pos...about-the-nets
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Abbott: "Forget what you knew about the Nets"

Very nice artical with a lot of good points. Very unbiased too. There are some decent comments too.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

i forgot to post on this earlier, but i loved this article except for the conclusion. the end made the entire thing sound ambigious and not to the point.

either way you look at it, he makes a great overall argument. everything starts from the top. if you have a cost-cutting uninspired owner, then you can't expect great things to occur with your team. my old basketball coach used to tell me, "the definition of insanity is doing things the same you've always been doing them and expecting different results."

regardless of the nets success in the past decade, we didn't have an identity. we were situated in a swamp in the the middle of a turnpike for god's sake.

and i've got nothing against the state of new jersey, but i want to see more sellouts, raucous and passionate fans. i'll be the first to say i don't care about the nets popularity, but it's hard to swallow when we get deron freaking williams and we can't sellout his home opener.

i can only hope that brooklyn gives us our identity.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yea, i know what you mean about that last line. my first reaction was to be irritated. but i had to admit he was exactly right, from a logical standpoint. OTOH... the situation has now changed, for several reasons, and i don't think prokhy will have any problem extending d-will... with or without any immediate help (i.e., talented players).

no, the biggest wild card at this point is going to be the CBA war and the likely lockout. although from what i can see, that situation helps the nets more than it hurts them in terms of signing d-will.

also, about the fan support thing- i don't buy the idea, voiced by some knicks' fans, that -few- NYers will embrace the nets when they move to brooklyn. i can think of many reasons why that idea just doesn't hold water, at least in the nets' case.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #5
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

to be honest, i really can only hope that brooklyn embraces the nets. because i know if i were a knicks fan, i sure wouldn't.

hopefully, more brooklyn fans care about bringing in a local sports team and weren't hardcore knicks fans to begin with.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #6
gigantes
A piece of fluff

well, personally... if i was a knicks fan living in brooklyn, i sure as hell wouldn't give the new hometown team the cold shoulder. at the very least i'd give them a look and be open to the -possibility- of becoming a dual fan.

plus, given time, any populace will become naturally invested in the hometown team, for many reasons. it's pretty-much just human nature.

plus, if you were looking to become a fan of any particular team on its way up, the nets would be a great choice, and will only become a better and better choice in the next couple years. that's exactly how i became a fan myself, in kidd's first year.

the arena itself will undoubtedly make a whole lot of fans on its own. from my early impressions, it will be one of the envies of all professional sports, and a magnet for anyone looking for a classy sporting venue.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: