Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-05-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Post Your Mike D'antoni stuff here!!!

Title says it all.

Early season, teams looks decent.

Coach has exactly what he wants.

Pressure is on to put it together.

Right now he is look like a genius for the Landry Fields start.

And Chandler as sixth man.

Can't rip him a new one yet, the team is bailing him out.

Great efforts and overall good team play is saving him.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Post Your Mike D'antoni stuff here!!!

Amar'e needs to work in the paint, not one feet within the three point line. It's on Mike D'Antoni to put him on the block.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Amar'e needs to work in the paint, not one feet within the three point line. It's on Mike D'Antoni to put him on the block.

This.
He has to control his players, even a star who just realised they became a franchise player.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
This.
He has to control his players, even a star who just realised they became a franchise player.
We shall see.

D'antoni doesn't really have any excuses.

He has a team he can call his.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:04 PM   #5
mjc1241
Kids at the park dunk on me

mjc1241 has an OK reputation so far

Gotta address the turnovers. STAT is averaging almost 7 per game. In last nights game, there was a stretch form the end of the half, through the first couple of minutes of the third quarter that the Knicks had 7 turnovers; three before halftime and four to start the third quarter. They have to get better with ball control and making better decisions. STAT needs to settle farther down in the paint to spread the floor better. At times the spacing is horrible. Hey, I wanted to see if you guys caught this; why is it that when Mozgov sets a high screen and gets the ball, he seems to hold it for about three to five seconds before passing the ball again? He id it at least twice last night and I was yelling at the damn TV to move the ball. I do like his mobility and perceived talent, but that is something that has to be addressed with him. Also Rony needs to starts dunking the damn ball near the hoop when he can instead of laying the ball up and missing bunnys. Yes, D'Antoni had players to run his system; he has to coach these guys up and start getting results.
mjc1241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #6
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #7
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

He has to get in Amare's face and reel him in. If he needs to bench him, he should do so. Cause Amare's out of control.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #8
mjc1241

I think that STAT is trying to do too much which to me means he wants it bad. If he takes accountability for the turnovers and continues with that fire, I'm good with him.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:09 PM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc1241
I think that STAT is trying to do too much which to me means he wants it bad. If he takes accountability for the turnovers and continues with that fire, I'm good with him.

Agreed.

Watching the game tonite showed what Amar'e can do when the defense if forced to recognize he isn't the only option.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:59 AM   #10
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think part of Amare's TO problem is the ineffectiveness of our pg, moreso Felton, in the pick and roll game.He just isnt a threat to score so the D just seems content w/ rolling with Amare on picks.Next to Dwight,Amare is probably the best pick and roll big man in the game.Maybe KG can be thrown in there.Bottom line tho,you have to be a dual threat to run pick and roll.In my playing days in HS,when our backup pg used to run it,eventually the D would get wind that he was robotic and he was gonna try n pass it to the big man.With me,if I caught you just a little lackadaisical and over-anticipatory in your defense,I was going to the rack.Too many times I saw Felton dribble all the way in the paint and swing it all the way back out to the perimeter.Sure we have shooters out there but until you establish Amare on the P&R,those passing lanes are gonna start getting picked off when we play good defensive teams or teams with length.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #11
mjc1241

Agreed. Felt has to get better with spacing on the pick and roll and we have to get better spacing overall on the floor. Too many guys hanging out too high on the perimeter allowing the defense to extend the team closer to halfcourt. We need more cutters to the basket as well; more guys moving without the ball instead of just hanging outside. Backdoor cuts are there in this offense....
Old 11-06-2010, 09:57 AM   #12
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think part of Amare's TO problem is the ineffectiveness of our pg, moreso Felton, in the pick and roll game.He just isnt a threat to score so the D just seems content w/ rolling with Amare on picks.Next to Dwight,Amare is probably the best pick and roll big man in the game.Maybe KG can be thrown in there.Bottom line tho,you have to be a dual threat to run pick and roll.In my playing days in HS,when our backup pg used to run it,eventually the D would get wind that he was robotic and he was gonna try n pass it to the big man.With me,if I caught you just a little lackadaisical and over-anticipatory in your defense,I was going to the rack.Too many times I saw Felton dribble all the way in the paint and swing it all the way back out to the perimeter.Sure we have shooters out there but until you establish Amare on the P&R,those passing lanes are gonna start getting picked off when we play good defensive teams or teams with length.

Yes, just look at Steve Nash. The reason he gets so many assists is because people have to respect his scoring ability. This opens up the passing lanes, we haven't seen the scoring or passing ability from Felton yet but I have confidence in the guy. Our defense has really impressed me btw.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:37 AM   #13
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I liked our use of the high post.Very effective...not sure wtf the Wizards didnt adjust but im glad they didnt lol
Old 11-06-2010, 03:41 PM   #14
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I liked our use of the high post.Very effective...not sure wtf the Wizards didnt adjust but im glad they didnt lol

Yeah it seems like weve been catching lucky breaks lately. Im still confused as to why Noah and Rose didnt play in the 4th quarter of that Bulls game.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #15
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Tom Thibadeau is showing why he was a gr8 assistant but not a head coach in the pros.He's a good Xs and Os guy but I've seen @ least 2 Bulls games already and his substitution patterns are ridiculous.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: