Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 01-22-2007, 09:32 AM   #31
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
oden= Robinson
Noah= Duncan
Duran= KG

Uhhh nothing like tim duncan
Durant is more of on the SG side to be compared to KG
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:39 PM   #32
JMEWLS

Kevin Durrant, he's a great all-around player... but only person i see at first overall pick, is greg oden.. only way he isnt is if he chooses to stay at college.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #33
Bigjesus
I airball my layups

Bigjesus has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If Greg Oden doesn't enter in 07' who's # 1

Oden is definetly a Robinson type Player, not Dwight Howard like someone said. He is way taller and longer than Dwight, but he doesn't have as high of a vertical as Dwight. Oden's body is almost identical to Robinson except he's a little bigger at this stage. Remember Robinson didn't get down that midrange game until later in his career, You can't dock Oden or say is more like Howard because he doesn't have a shot, (which I hear he does have a decent looking 9-10 foot shot for his age).

Joakim Noah. A shorter, slightly smarter and more aggressive version of Tyson Chandler. He's weak, he might even just be an anderson varejao JR. He got a bunch of blocks on college kids in the finals. That's his claim to fame. He has been solid this year but not in the same league as Durant.

Durant is definetly a mix between Rashard Lewis and Kevin Garnett/Chris Bosh.

He has the wing skills and speed like Rashard, but he is much better at rebounding and blocking shots like a Garnett or Bosh. I think he may be the best player in college, even better than Oden. H

He is definetly a SF in the NBA, but if he adds muscle, I wouldn't be suprised to see him be a KG2 in 4 years.

Remember Rashard is fully developed and he's only like 210 lbs. Kevin is still really young and he's up to 215-220.

Brandan Wright. I hear he's a great player, can't speak from personal experience on him though.
Bigjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:01 PM   #34
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

I would say Durant this year.
Next year I would pick Derrick Rose.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:00 PM   #35
Toronto Raptors
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Toronto Raptors has an OK reputation so far

Kevin Durant he's sick, wicked and nasty
Toronto Raptors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:08 PM   #36
billbobfrd

billbobfrd has an OK reputation so far

kevin durant
billbobfrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 02:14 AM   #37
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Durrant for sure right now. After him, I would go with Wright because I think his upside is so high. He, as a freshman, has a mid-range jumper, post moves, is a good shot blocker, is a good rebounder, is tall and long, athletic, and can take games over at times. The thing I like the best about him though is that he has put together his offensive game over the course of the year. He seems comfortable with the ball, can usually "create"/get off a good shot, and seems to play smart depending on who is playing him (goes inside on smaller players, and steps out of slower players). I just see all the tools to potentially put him in the Bosh/Howard/Amare/Gasol/Jamison/Okafor level if you get where I am going. Basically I think if he reaches his potential, he would be a boarderline All-Star for many years.

As for Noah, I think he is a pretty complete player, but I don't think he has that star potential that Wright does. Noah is the type of guy that can do a lot of things on the court, but doesn't really do anything great. I really don't know who to compare him to because he just doesn't really remind me of anyone. I think the Chandler comparison is okay, but Noah can handle the ball better, but doesn't stay inside as much. I still think he will be a good NBA player though because he can score, rebound, block shots, pass, and doesn't have any major weakness that I think would keep him off the court.

And I don't think these guys will compete for top 3 spots, but a couple guys that I think are moving up in the top 10 are Al Horton, Josh McRoberts, Spencer Hawes, and Alando Tucker. Horton is a beast inside, and I have said many times that he would fit in well with the Suns if they get Atlanta's pick. McRoberts has grown on my even with Duke's problems. He can pass the ball so well, and if he tries can be a scorer. He offensive game should earn him a lot of playing time. Hawes can score the ball, and a center that can score is going to be taken high. I think he needs to improve a lot in other areas, but you can't pass up that scoring ability. Tucker has been a good player for a copule years now, but he is proving that he has NBA talent, and I think he is this years Randy Foye/Brandon Roy. I also think Nick Fazekas is moving up fast, but I don't know how I can get. He has been so underrated though. Teams should have been promising him top 25 picks when he entered last year, but I am glad he came back for another year to play like he has and proven to everyone how good he is, and possibly earned a lottery spot.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:33 PM   #38
theanwser

theanwser has an OK reputation so far

If Oden isn't to enter, many think Kevin Durant would be the best pick (some think even if Oden is to enter, Durant can still be no 1) but Durant too is a freshman and he's not guaranteed to enter the draft. It's not always a teams need either. If some scouts believe one player has more potential or athleticism, they'll normally skip their needs for that type of player (Hawks selecting Marvin Williams rather taking Chris Paul when they were desperately in need of a point guard). If you look at a variety of mock drafts, half of the top ten picks are freshman. Joakim Noah would have a shot, Julian Wright, I'd even consider Al Harford. I truly think it will come down to the performances of these players in the tournament.
theanwser is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: