Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default What did you expect to happen?

I sat back for a while and I dont get why so many people are upset the Knicks are losing.
I dont get how a poorly constructed team with 1 allstar then traded a poorly constructed team with no depth with 2 allstars that arent really franchise players be bad. Mid Season trade with no time to practice with a terrible coaching staff!
The coach has been terrible from day one.
What did people expect to happen?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What did you expect to happen?

I'm with you about the coach and ppl expecting a miracle but my question is WHY NOT make the trade?We weren't going to win anything with the guys we had.Not this year,not next year and not the year after that.Now we have two of the best players in the league and cap room for years to come.

My question now is How are Melo and Amare not franchise players?They are two of the best players not only at their positions but in the league.You could argue that Amare is the best pf in the league and you could argue that Melo is the 2nd or 3rd best SF.Both are arguably top 10 players in the league.

Im totally with you with the extreme expectations.This team and the trade was not constructed to win a ring right now.It was made to be a serious contender for years to come.PPL keep saying no way we beat Boston this year but it's not about this year.PPL also forget Boston is old.the Lakers are old.Soon it will be the Heat and Bulls fighting it out.Orlando reached its peak a few years back n im not sure if they'll even be able to keep Dwight.

I think this is just much ado about nothing.We're not a good team but we have promise.We have room to make moves and we have only been together a month.The main thing we need to do is get rid of the coach!Players can get better.Teams can get better.Coaches,especially veteran ones,rarely do!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

No matter what happens losses to teams like the Cavs and Pacers are unacceptable.

I also didn't expect Denver to be this good. They are playing better basketball then us. Can you explain why? Coaching? Come on, Karl has been pointed at by Nuggets fans for there failures with Melo almost as much as D'Antoni. What's the problem here? (im not trying to say its Melo)
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

I think the problem is the players are grumbling about MD'A.
In my opinion, Mike D ain't cutting it with his 1 dimensional approach.
We need a coach that holds the players accountable for their play.
Mike D looks like he wants to get on his knees and pleasure Melo everytime you see them talking. Enough of the yucking it up, yes, Carmelo Anthony is on our team now. Start coaching him instead of kissing his ass!

End rant.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I expected the team to put for an effort all game, every game.

Being .500 is not a problem to me, and I figured they would be.

The coaching has been as pathetic as it goes.

Bad subs, team isn't prepared, no legit in game strategic what so ever.

I would expect the team to "wing it" the first 2-3 games, but 16?

The offense looks mediocre and the defense isn't anywhere to be found.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #6
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
My question now is How are Melo and Amare not franchise players?They are two of the best players not only at their positions but in the league.You could argue that Amare is the best pf in the league and you could argue that Melo is the 2nd or 3rd best SF.Both are arguably top 10 players in the league.
Via Wackipeedea
Quote:
In professional sports, a franchise player is an athlete who is not simply the best player on their team, but a player that the team can build their "franchise" (team) around for the foreseeable future. The misunderstanding that a franchise player is only "the best player on a team" disregards the fact that an inordinately bad team will undoubtedly still employ a player with superior skills, relative to his team. However, such a player could be so bad in comparison to players at large that labeling such a player a franchise player would be inappropriate. It is an elite status, but it is not necessarily a singular position
The Knicks have 2 Franchise players (according to you) but are a terrible team then that means they arent really Franchise players. Franchise players can carry a bad team to victory and bring the other players along for the ride. Their are franchise players that just have absolutely no talent around them so they dont win but are probably ultracompetitive. If the Knicks have 2 then there arent any excuses.
Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Deron Williams,Tim Duncan, Steve Nash, Dwayne Wade, Dirk Nowitzki, Dwayne Wade
Past their prime former franchise players Kevin Garnett, Shaq, Kidd
Old 03-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Actually your definition proves my point more than yours.You said a player you can BUILD YOUR TEAM AROUND! We haven't built yet! Every player you named has a better team around them than we do.Who did we put around Melo or Amare? Jared Jeffries? N out of all those guys you named,only 5 have championships.Melo and amare have gone as far or further than a lot of those guys.You kinda shot down your own point my friend.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #8
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Nope you missed the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Actually your definition proves my point more than yours.You said a player you can BUILD YOUR TEAM AROUND! We haven't built yet! Every player you named has a better team around them than we do.Who did we put around Melo or Amare? Jared Jeffries? N out of all those guys you named,only 5 have championships.Melo and amare have gone as far or further than a lot of those guys.You kinda shot down your own point my friend.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:04 PM   #9
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The problems with the Knicks really is all in the coach. They are not playing for him anymore. They are not hustling, or just trying hard at all. He has lost the team. It's pretty apparent in my opinion.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:12 PM   #10
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Nope you missed the point.
Dude that quote had no point, it contradicted itself.

It associates a franchise player with winning, yet calls that same player on a bad team not a franchise player.

Bottom line we have two franchise players.

Amare' can be built around.

Amare needs a post defender who camps out down low to do what Amar'e refuses to do.

Melo is a franchise player as well and can be built around.

He is a scorer and needs to have quality playmakers around him, so he can operate.

But another facet that is being shown in his game is he can evolve into the point forward and if the coach would let him do it, we would see positive results.

The Knicks might have been scoreless in the fourth had it not been for Melo's decision making on offense.

Based on that Wiki definition you posted, Patrick Ewing wasn't a franchise player.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: