Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2011, 10:34 PM   #46
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,270
AlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat coolAlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How come Lebron had such a terrible fg% in the finals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoartthou
Na, he could not. No shaq to feed to for free assists


He had Shaq and still choked.
AlphaWolf24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:34 PM   #47
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is
 
Mr. I'm So Rad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edge of Despair
Posts: 11,940
Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How come Lebron had such a terrible fg% in the finals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Nips
I looked it up and I found this year known as 2006.

Dwyane Wade and Refs mean nothing?
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #48
The Iron Fist
Great college starter
 
The Iron Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,542
The Iron Fist is starting to rub some people the wrong wayThe Iron Fist is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: How come Lebron had such a terrible fg% in the finals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN

he tried to beat kobe at Kobe's game..


Yea, but he would have to win a game to do that.
The Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #49
Bernie Nips
Local High School Star
 
Bernie Nips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,165
Bernie Nips is popular on this boardBernie Nips is popular on this boardBernie Nips is popular on this boardBernie Nips is popular on this board
Default Re: How come Lebron had such a terrible fg% in the finals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
Yea, I looked up this year back in the 90s.

You might want to dig a little deeper.

Shaq was winless without Kobe and its not a debatable fact.

Wow. This is actually pretty good logic.

Everyone, The Iron Fist has used his logic to determine...

DEREK FISHER IS THE REASON THE LAKERS HAVE WON THEIR LAST 5 CHAMPIONSHIPS

Kobe couldn't even make the Finals without Derek Fisher!

Look it up, cos you like looking things up.
Bernie Nips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #50
whoartthou
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,376
whoartthou has not been impressing people
Default Re: How come Lebron had such a terrible fg% in the finals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
Yea, I looked up this year back in the 90s.

You might want to dig a little deeper.

Shaq was winless without Kobe and its not a debatable fact.

So solely because of KOBE, shaq won rings? I wonder how that worked out for them in 2003-2004, 2004-2005, when kobe tried to be the main kat.

Shaq won rings because he had a really good supporting cast (horry was clutch, fisher was clutch, etc), and probably the best 2nd banana/ 2nd fiddle ever(kobe)

When kobe tried to take things into his own hands... we know what happened. Not debatable, thats a fact.
whoartthou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #51
The Iron Fist
Great college starter
 
The Iron Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,542
The Iron Fist is starting to rub some people the wrong wayThe Iron Fist is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: How come Lebron had such a terrible fg% in the finals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Nips
Wow. This is actually pretty good logic.

Everyone, The Iron Fist has used his logic to determine...

DEREK FISHER IS THE REASON THE LAKERS HAVE WON THEIR LAST 5 CHAMPIONSHIPS

Kobe couldn't even make the Finals without Derek Fisher!

Look it up, cos you like looking things up.


Fisher is Kobes Pippen.

and your point is?

If anything you're only making Kobe look better if you're going to resort to using Derek Fisher as your Pippen.
The Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:38 PM   #52
kkling
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How come Lebron had such a terrible fg% in the finals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Morris
Always his teammates fault.

I remember when the Cavs first got Shaq then added Jamison. It was OVER for the league.

Big 3 sign in Miami, every game was suppose to be a blowout. Over for the league once again.

Now Bosh sucks and Wade is too inconsitent. Poor LeBron, because stuck with terrible teammates his entire career.

Like a walking plague.

Gooden, Hughes, Pavlovic, Ilgauskas, James. Replace James with Kobe, do they win against the Spurs? lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:38 PM   #53
whoartthou
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,376
whoartthou has not been impressing people
Default Re: How come Lebron had such a terrible fg% in the finals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
Everyone who watched the NBA back then,

knew the real finals were the WC finals.

The Finals, were just a mere formality.

It was Kobe who was running things in the WCF.


a mere formality. So that is what explains kobe's atrocious play in the finals
whoartthou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #54
whoartthou
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,376
whoartthou has not been impressing people
Default Re: How come Lebron had such a terrible fg% in the finals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
He had Shaq and still choked.



nice. Use past-his prime shaq as an example.
whoartthou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #55
Nevaeh
National High School Star
 
Nevaeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,179
Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: How come Lebron had such a terrible fg% in the finals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
We already discussed him.

He needed Kobe.

For if one takes a look at Shaqs career,

it wasn't until Kobe became a force that Shaq was finally able to get a finals win.


Pre Kobe, Shaq is Lebron status.

Quote:
NBA Finals averages for their careers:
Shaq (as a Laker) 33.6ppg 14.1reb 3.0ast 2.4blk 60.2%fg
Kobe (with Shaq) 22.1ppg 5.2reb 4.6ast, 1.0blk 41.6%fg
Shaq (with Kobe):3 Finals MVPs
Kobe (with Shaq): 0 Finals MVPs

Yep, Shaq was up the creek without a paddle without these monster stats from Kobe
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #56
The Iron Fist
Great college starter
 
The Iron Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,542
The Iron Fist is starting to rub some people the wrong wayThe Iron Fist is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: How come Lebron had such a terrible fg% in the finals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoartthou
So solely because of KOBE, shaq won rings? I wonder how that worked out for them in 2003-2004, 2004-2005, when kobe tried to be the main kat.

Shaq won rings because he had a really good supporting cast (horry was clutch, fisher was clutch, etc), and probably the best 2nd banana/ 2nd fiddle ever(kobe)

When kobe tried to take things into his own hands... we know what happened. Not debatable, thats a fact.

Yea, we know what happened. Shaq refused to take a back seat to Kobe Bryant, so he bitched and moaned to Jerry Buss about getting him his money. Then, he got shipped out and the rest of the team left.

Kobe started from scratch, and built an entire new dynasty while Shaq was being shipped from coast to coast like a used whore.

In the end, Kobe ends up with more rings than Shaq and a better career.
The Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #57
Bernie Nips
Local High School Star
 
Bernie Nips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,165
Bernie Nips is popular on this boardBernie Nips is popular on this boardBernie Nips is popular on this boardBernie Nips is popular on this board
Default Re: How come Lebron had such a terrible fg% in the finals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
Fisher is Kobes Pippen.

and your point is?

If anything you're only making Kobe look better if you're going to resort to using Derek Fisher as your Pippen.

Kobe hasn't made it out of the first round of the playoffs without Fisher.

That is not a debatable fact.

Pippen hasn't made the Finals without Jordan.

That is not a debatable fact.

Shaq made the Finals without Kobe.

HANG ON A SECOND. OH DEAR.

THAT KINDA MAKES KOBE THE PIPPEN HUH.

Wipe that egg off yo' motherfuggin face motherfugga.
Bernie Nips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:40 PM   #58
whoartthou
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,376
whoartthou has not been impressing people
Default Re: How come Lebron had such a terrible fg% in the finals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkling
Gooden, Hughes, Pavlovic, Ilgauskas, James. Replace James with Kobe, do they win against the Spurs? lol

kobe probably quits on that team after 1 game.
whoartthou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:41 PM   #59
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,270
AlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat coolAlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How come Lebron had such a terrible fg% in the finals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlmf
because his teammates are sh!t, and as a result, the entire top 10 defensive team ever can focus on him, unlike kobe who was never the first option on his team during finals


False...Kobe took More shots in the playoffs since 01'

and was clearly the first option in the 4th quarters while Lakers were calling timeouts to get Shaq on the bench


2000 playoffs Kobe = 21PPG 4reb 4ast Championship 51% TS%
2001 playoffs Kobe = 29PPG 7reb 6ast Championship 55% TS%
2002 playoffs Kobe = 26PPG 5reb 4ast Championship 51% TS%
2008 playoffs Kobe = 30PPG 5ast 5reb Lost in Da Championship 57% TS%
2009 playoffs Kobe = 30PPG 5ast 5reb Championship 56% TS%
2010 playoffs Kobe = 29PPG 6reb 5ast Championship 56% TS%


next
AlphaWolf24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:41 PM   #60
Zach Morris
Relax...just relax
 
Zach Morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Inside Chandler Parsons
Posts: 482
Zach Morris has decent reputation
Default Re: How come Lebron had such a terrible fg% in the finals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkling
Gooden, Hughes, Pavlovic, Ilgauskas, James. Replace James with Kobe, do they win against the Spurs? lol

At least one game. But We'll never know. LeBron's teams were always built around him. A bunch of shooters. A Center like Z is ideal for LeBron's game.
Zach Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy