Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-17-2011, 06:42 AM   #16
Harison
The Awakening

Harison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this board
Default Re: Blake Griffin goes off after a flagrant foul

This is how hard takedown looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7r6vXeOfyQ

In Griffins case foul should have been called, but in pussified NBA even regular fouls are treated as technical or flagrants.
Harison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:41 AM   #17
ThaSwagg3r

His strength came from this

Old 03-17-2011, 08:44 AM   #18
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I do not believe this is Blake Griffin responding to an isolated incident. As other posters have mentioned, he has been previously taken out likely around 6-7 different times this year in a dirty fashion. Therefore, his terror alert level is: Red. If there was not an ongoing threat against Mr. Griffin, I'm not thinking he would have responded the way he did last night. However, due to previous circumstances, I cannot particularly blame him for assuming the worst on what appeared to be an accidental play.

If I could change one thing, it'd be that he seemed to react this way to a relatively not-too-dirty call. I feel to protect himself from real injury (street cred. and keeping it real aside) Griffin does need to respond in a fashion that may give off the idea that he's really, really not okay with being taken out. From a fan's perspective, the last thing I want is to see high flyers being discouraged from flying because there's the threat of serious injury. I do not find that to be an acceptable form of basketball, coming from a Bad Boys guy. I do not wish for a return to the 1950's when players were supposedly submarined any time they tried to slam.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #19
ballerz
Local High School Star

ballerz has an OK reputation so far

players are just mad cause they think blake will dunk on them and they dont want to be embrassed
ballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #20
Floppy
High school junior varsity star

Floppy has decent reputation

Howard would have to start a fight every game.

Griffin turns more and more into Lebron.
Floppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #21
Johnni Gade
High School Starter

Johnni Gade has no real reputation yet.

Smacked
Johnni Gade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #22
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppy
Howard would have to start a fight every game.
I think the Dwight Howard comparison helps illustrate the difference between a hard foul and a dangerous foul. I won't doubt Dwight Howard has been fouled dangerously as well but typically, the hard fouls committed against D12 occur as he's bruising beneath the basket. A lot of those fouls may be excessive but I wouldn't call them by and large dangerous.

Blake Griffin also absorbs hard fouls beneath the basket, though I'm not sure at the same clip as Howard. I do not have an issue with those fouls. The issue comes most often when Griffin is in the open floor and jumping off the run. It's at this point, in my humblest of opinions, when a lot of fouls stop being hard, and start being dangerous.

Whereas a lot of Howard's fouls are taken while he's relatively stationary and jumping straight up off two feet, I've already seen numerous cases this season where Griffin has been grabbed, pushed or clipped as he attempted to jump off the run. As could be seen by the Andrew Bogut/Amar'e Stoudemire incident from last season, it doesn't take a whole lot to create a catastrophe when a defender does not make a play on the ball during a high speed move to the rim.

Blake Griffin has not been seriously injured from a foul to this point and hopefully he never is. Last night's defensive play is not indicative of the fouls committed against him throughout the season. I'm speaking toward previous incidents.My feeling is, if a defensive player is not in position to make a play on the ball during a fast break, they should not resort to any slight pushing or grabbing. Even unintentionally, heavy damage can be caused to a high speed, airborne player.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 03-17-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #23
LMFAO
Serious playground baller

LMFAO has decent reputationLMFAO has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbugz
Wow Battie is still playing on this league?
Battie was trying to keep him from shooting and trying to stop him from falling at the same time. Battie is not a thug. Guy has always been a good player in the league.
LMFAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #24
Christofire
Banned

Christofire has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbugz
Wow Battie is still playing on this league?
Why the hell is tony Battie still playing ball?.....i'm sure he's gotta be 50 by now
Christofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #25
LMFAO
Serious playground baller

LMFAO has decent reputationLMFAO has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christofire
Why the hell is tony Battie still playing ball?.....i'm sure he's gotta be 50 by now
if your a vet who can give 10 minutes of solid D in this league it doesn't matter if your 100, your still in.
LMFAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #26
15yearmagicfan
I hit open 5-footers

15yearmagicfan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffmoney1784
dude slaps him in the face

blake trips over

dude trys to wrap him up

blake falls

dude holds onto him because hes falling

blake thinks it was all the guy from behind but it was all caused by the other guy

in the end nothing even that bad happend. overraction.

nothing else to see here... move along move along

bingo.
15yearmagicfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #27
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

tony battie
HylianNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #28
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected poster

Imagine if the new Golden boy had hit Battie many times and was suspend by the league. What people would think of him?
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #29
TonyD
High School Varsity 12th Man

TonyD has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
This is just a sample of the future. I truly believe he's going to hurt someone when he snaps all the way. After the game he said he's sick of refs letting other players hit him in the face and take him down like this all the time and it boiled over a little bit. I feel bad for the player that sends him over the edge all the way in the future.

Blake Griffin leads the league in flagrant fouls received with 8. Meaning players are trying to deliver these kind of fouls pretty regularly. This one wasn't too bad... but earlier in game there were a couple non calls of Sixers players roughing him up and in the game in Philly Blake got flagrantly fouled by Elton Brand so it was built up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgBci5KKNC0

Calm down dude.
TonyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #30
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

I like that he went right back at Battie. I don't care if it was a light push and not completely intentional.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: