Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #46
jasonresno
Banned

Default Re: Blake Griffin goes off after a flagrant foul

B-Griff acting like a *****, say it aint so.
jasonresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #47
DonCorleone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Iverson was a great player but don't be fooled. Blake is in Shaq, David Robinson, Michael Jordan category of rookies in terms of efficiency and stats. Wanna know something interesting? Blake Griffin is the first rookie since Iverson to have multiple 40 point games as a rookie. He did it in half the number of shots.. AND from the PF position though .

As for my tackle comment.. I'm not talking about this Battie foul. I already said this was very mild and not a flagrant. I was talking about the clotheslines and tackles he has received previously. Even this foul wasn't a basketball play though. Why couldn't Battie swat at the ball? He could of easily reached it. It's like defenders get told by coaches that when Blake goes to the rim.. don't even play defense.. just deliver a hard foul. Name another player who gets this kind of defense? Dwight he's hacked.. but he also doesn't get hit like this.

DonCorleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #48
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone

Multiple articles lately about it man.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #49
DonCorleone
Banned

Quote:
Multiple articles lately about it man.

DonCorleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #50
Clippersfan86
Banned

"Tony Battie was just trying to hold him up," Elton Brand said. "Blake's been getting beat up all season, and guys have been taking hard fouls, so on any type of play like that, he may think that it was something too aggressive. But I don't fault him for that because guys have been taking shots at him all season. I've seen it all season."

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 03-17-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #51
Grim
Future NFL Star

he didnt even get that mad

i was expecting him to go incredible hulk

yall virgins overrate EVERYTHING
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #52
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim
he didnt even get that mad

i was expecting him to go incredible hulk

yall virgins overrate EVERYTHING

I just meant he got more pissed than we have seen him so far as a pro. I didn't say it was a fight or he beat anyone up!
Old 03-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #53
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

lebron would have made that
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #54
D-nugz
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by inclinerator
lebron would have made that

Nah but d-wade would have.
D-nugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:41 PM   #55
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Quote:
"Tony Battie was just trying to hold him up," Elton Brand said. "Blake's been getting beat up all season, and guys have been taking hard fouls, so on any type of play like that, he may think that it was something too aggressive. But I don't fault him for that because guys have been taking shots at him all season. I've seen it all season."

I was going to make a post saying something similar but Elton already said it for me. People keep saying that Blake couldn't survive in the 80s if he reacted this way, but I disagree. Blake couldn't survive in the 80s unless he reacts like this every so often. This type of play has happened to him several times this year, and him just taking it has only resulted in more incidents - its time to try something different. If you let people treat you like a target you will be targeted.

If people fear that they might get swung on if they push you, a lot of guys will think twice before pushing you.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #56
LMFAO
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
I was going to make a post saying something similar but Elton already said it for me. People keep saying that Blake couldn't survive in the 80s if he reacted this way, but I disagree. Blake couldn't survive in the 80s unless he reacts like this every so often. This type of play has happened to him several times this year, and him just taking it has only resulted in more incidents - its time to try something different. If you let people treat you like a target you will be targeted.

If people fear that they might get swung on if they push you, a lot of guys will think twice before pushing you.
in the 80's you got up and started kicking ass.
LMFAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #57
LMFAO
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonresno
B-Griff acting like a *****, say it aint so.
it ain't so. I guess your mad the kid doesn't play for your team? Anyway weak and damn I mean weak ass post. Defend yourself or be a punk for life. I understand some of the dripping kunts around here do not understand that because they were pwned their entire life by someone who made them his ***** but that is no reason to hate on a MAN standing up for his self.
LMFAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #58
qrich
King Heno

I'd rather Griffin just show that he's frustrated the way that he did, but teams will probably still go after him just as hard. I agree he overreacted, but it was all the built up times he gets shoved with the opposition not playing a play on the ball. It's one thing if they at least are making a decent effort to challenge, but when it's with no play on the ball, that is wrong.

He probably needs to K-Mart someone. I can't find the clip I had seen before, but K-Mart just clotheslined the shit out of Malone.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #59
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
I'd rather Griffin just show that he's frustrated the way that he did, but teams will probably still go after him just as hard. I agree he overreacted, but it was all the built up times he gets shoved with the opposition not playing a play on the ball. It's one thing if they at least are making a decent effort to challenge, but when it's with no play on the ball, that is wrong.

He probably needs to K-Mart someone. I can't find the clip I had seen before, but K-Mart just clotheslined the shit out of Malone.

Yea Malone elbowed him in the head I think. K Mart clotheslined his ass on the other end lol.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #60
Clippersfan86
Banned

http://www.foxsportswest.com/pages/v...e9rKVi3TZeSHpG

Blake Griffin talking about the situation last night a little bit.

Here's something from an article that I agree with 100 percent and this is all I was trying to say in this thread. It was a reader's comment

"That was ridiculous- I'm sick of seeing crap like this in "professional" basketball... how is it fair that just because u can't guard ur opponent, that u should be allowed to intentionally foul him as hard as possible to make him miss (and in cases like this, possibly cause a serious injury), all with no retaliation or recourse?

I bet if guys like Griffin, Dwight Howard, etc. played this style and drop one of those guys on their a$$ like that, it'd be a flagrant 2, ejection, suspension, multiple fines, and w/e else the league could throw at them. But I'd also bet they wouldn't have to do it more than once or twice to make it stop happening to them. Dirty play like this is really starting to ruin the nba for me"...

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 03-17-2011 at 09:08 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: