Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-18-2011, 03:48 AM   #1
game385
Great young streetballer

game385 has an OK reputation so far
Default If you're the Orlando Magic...???

It's the middle of the 2011-2012 NBA season. The Magic are once again thoroughly seated in the middle of the pack in the NBA Eastern Conference. This time in the 5th seed behind Miami, Chicago, Boston, and an even more improved NY team. The Hawks are dead on your heels for the 5th seed as you only hold a 1 game lead on the team that upset you in the first round of the playoffs the year before.

Dwight Howard is once again a strong MVP candidate. However, you have been unable to make any other significant roster moves to lift the team back to legitimate title contention and Dwight Howard has still not signed an extension. Your superstar center has given no direct indication that he will leave in the offseason, yet not signing an extension speaks volumes.

The trade deadline is literally hours away and for weeks practically every team in the league has inquired about the big man's availability. In a last minute surprise, the Chicago Bulls offer both Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer for Howard. (along with whatever other player(s) you're willing to part with to make the salaries work)

Would you trade Howard to the Bulls for Boozer and Noah, two talented big men who are contracted until 2015 and 2016 respectively or risk loosing Howard 2012 free agency?

Last edited by game385 : 03-18-2011 at 03:50 AM.
game385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:36 AM   #2
ballerz
Local High School Star

ballerz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If you're the Orlando Magic...???

i expect the magic to make some big changes this post season and trades before the next trade deadline. They will do anything to try and keep howard
ballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:50 AM   #3
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1. Rose
2. ?
3. Deng
4. Gibson
5. Howard

Bench

Brewer, Korver, Watson, Asik, Thomas(?)

Spells out championships
not 5.. not 6... not 7..
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:52 AM   #4
Hedo15
I airball my layups

Hedo15 has decent reputationHedo15 has decent reputation

Nope, wouldn't do the deal for Noah and Boozer. If the magic are to trade Dwight, they could get a better deal. They will of course do everything in their power to get him to stay first! Will be interesting to see if they try and trade him if he hasnt re-committed before next years trade deadline. Hopefully he takes Melo's comments on board and makes a decision sooner rather than later.
Hedo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #5
Harion
Banned

Harion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryHarion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryHarion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

no. the only equivalent trade i would do is Lebron for Dwight. a one for one trade. Lebron will be surrounded by shooters, and the Heat would get the big man they need. ofc the Heat will never do this. so if the Bulls are really interested in getting Dwight from my team, they have to offer Noah, Asik, and Coach Thibs. and that's my final offer.
Harion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #6
game385
Great young streetballer

Interesting. I actually pulled this trade off a couple of days ago on 2K11. I was playing with the Bulls of course.. LOL.

I'm sure between now and then Orlando will do everything in there power to try and keep Howard, I just don't see a lot of tradeable assets on their team and unless Gilbert Anenas can turn back the clock to 2006-2007, I expect his contract to hold the team back.

Last edited by game385 : 03-18-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by game385
The Hawks are dead on your heels for the 5th seed as you only hold a 1 game lead on the team that upset you in the first round of the playoffs the year before.

What team did that? The Hawks didn't play the Magic in the 1st round...
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #8
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

Lets be realistic, Howard is gone after next season....

Since they made the finals, the Magic have made stupid rush trades and gotten worse and worse.. SVG is an idiot, poor rotations, sits players for no reason, changes his starting 5 and rotations on a nightly basis
The magic arent winnning shit..

I see the Magic making more dumb trades and hoping he re-signs before the deadline which he wont. Then itll be another Melo situation IMO...
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #9
game385
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
What team did that? The Hawks didn't play the Magic in the 1st round...

It's a hypothetical situation for next season rendered under the assumption that Atlanta upsets Orlando in the first round this year (which they are very well capable of).
Old 03-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #10
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

amare+ fields+ billups for Howard+filler
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #11
YouCallILose
Banned

YouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Ibaka+Harden+Perkins
YouCallILose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #12
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCallILose
Ibaka+Harden+Perkins

Am I wrong for saying thats a little too much to give up for Dwight?
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #13
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Am I wrong for saying thats a little too much to give up for Dwight?

Worst post EVER on this board
PleezeBelieve is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: