Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2011, 02:45 AM   #31
Round Mound
NBA lottery pick

Round Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Is the 90s the golden age for basketball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by necya
ths is correct.

the 80's were the best years by far. great players of the 80's mixed to the young players from the overloaded draft of 84-85-86 gave us the best years. then those guys were still there until 95 but like you said, bad draft from the early 90's killed the league. so after the last good generation of the mid 80's getting old, the nba was done. plus, 90's were the first years of sports business, the first big contracts, rookies were already named superstars before they enter the league.

but the major difference is on pure basketball skills. the gap is a huge hole when you compare 80's players to 00's.

damn, is there someone who claims that we are entering the golden years and back up his absurd ideas??

Round Mound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #32
perrin_07
Can barely lace up my sneakers

perrin_07 has an OK reputation so far

for me 80s and 90s were easily the best(this is a biased aged view tho). their has been a big decline in talent and skill, enough that i stopped watching for awhile due to the fact it was just dreadful.
i would have loved to have been able to have watched 60s and 70s, nothing would top russel/chamberlain.
i would say 80s and 90s had better players, but 60s and 70s and 80s had better teams.
we all agree the talent is lacking. lebron for me, is a breath of fresh air
perrin_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #33
Colby Brian
Banned

Colby Brian has an OK reputation so far

90s was a little waterred down, the showtime lakers got old, the larry bird celtics got old, and the bad boy pistons got old

for me the 2000s was great, LAKERS
Colby Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: