Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 03-31-2011, 06:52 AM   #16
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2011 NBA Draft

Quote:
Didn't the Grizz want two 1st rounders from Chicago for him? And they were picks from Chicago and Miami which would have been in the high 20's. Surely they could offer Bell + Jazz 1st rounder for him.

Could offer the Jersey pick though if I'm Memphis I'm not looking to get any younger but they continue to look more like the Clippers(or the Jazz?) than a team that's going to build on what they have. The fact that they want to trade Mayo is evidence of this.

Mayo looked like a future star as a rookie before they got Randolph and Gay decided it was time to step up in a contract year. Is anyone in the draft ready to put up 18.5 on 38% from 3 with 3 ass and 4 rbds after one year of college? Could end up with Evan Turner? You know what Mayo can do at the NBA level. Mayo was old for a guy that only had one year of college ball. He flunk a couple grades? He is a bit undersized too but so was Horny and it seems to be the trend right now anyway. Should be a good fit. Could be their go their go to guy. Can shoot, score, handle the ball. Be the best they've had at the 2 other than Pistol. He'd also be in a contract year with plenty to prove.

Quote:
like to see Miles given a full go next year as the main SG, so getting Mayo wouldn't be high up on my priorities list, but I like him as a player.

I've been CJs biggest supporter but I can't see him ever being as good as Mayo.
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:25 AM   #17
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I do think Mayo is the better player between him and Miles, but finding a new SG isn't the most obvious need to me, so i'd be looking elsewhere first. Mind you, if the draft is as weak as they say it is and you could score him for just the 1st round pick, then you'd probably do that deal regardless of it being a need or not.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:46 AM   #18
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
I do think Mayo is the better player between him and Miles, but finding a new SG isn't the most obvious need to me, so i'd be looking elsewhere first.

The Jazz are in need of stars and he's a potential star/go to guy. What other potential star/go to guy can they get? Is their one in the draft? Can they lure a FA somehow? He looks to be their best shot at the moment to me. With Millsap stepping into the 3 role effortlessly as should have been expected and AK possibly leaving and Jefferson/Okur/Fessenko in the middle the 2 and 5 are the biggest needs along with a young pg.

Quote:
Mind you, if the draft is as weak as they say it is and you could score him for just the 1st round pick, then you'd probably do that deal regardless of it being a need or not.

Price will probably go up by draft day. Got to be a lot of teams wanting him.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:57 AM   #19
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why do we need Mayo? I'd rather have us get a true center, or maybe get a guy like Kyrie Irving in the draft. Gordon Hayward looks like he can develop into a really good player with his play lately.

I wouldn't mind us getting rid of Price, or Raja Bell for sure though.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #20
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Why do we need Mayo?

Cuz they suck, he'd probably be their best player and can be had.

Quote:
I'd rather have us get a true center, or maybe get a guy like Kyrie Irving in the draft.

Why not all the above? They're the worst team in the league. They need lots of help.

Quote:
Gordon Hayward looks like he can develop into a really good player with his play lately.

Was there ever a doubt? Will he be a star though? To win you need stars.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind us getting rid of Price, or Raja Bell for sure though.

They need to make a lot more changes than that. They're in a sad shape right now. Unlike the other crappy teams they don't have a lot to be excited about with their prospects.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #21
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Mayo wouldn't be a horrible idea. I think he and HArris in a backcourt would work well as you could have Mayo initiate at times. They'll never be that good with Harris though so they have to try and find a new PG with their draft picks.

This team is going to be good though. Adding a healthy Okur and a more seasoned Favors to Milsap and Jefferson up front will make them very tough to deal with in the post. Hayward is also improving and AK47 is coming back from all reports, so they should be solid at the 3 spot as well. If you made Miles the 6th man with OJ starting you'd have a lot of firepower and depth.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:22 AM   #22
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
They'll never be that good with Harris though so they have to try and find a new PG with their draft picks.

They need to because they need a young guy to develop. Harris appears to have passed his prime already and Watson certainly has. Might be able to get someone like Sessions? I think he's a free agent?

Quote:
This team is going to be good though.

When? How? You need stars. They've got a couple potential stars that play the same position.

Quote:
Adding a healthy Okur

Big assumption to think he'll ever be healthy. He'll at least be a valuable trade asset. He'd be a nice back-up if he was healthy and not making over 10 million a year. LOL!

Quote:
and a more seasoned Favors to Milsap and Jefferson up front will make them very tough to deal with in the post.

It makes them seriously undersized. All those guys play the same position. Where's the length? If Millsap can play the 3 and Jefferson the 4 and they can finally get a center worth a damn they might have something?

Quote:
Hayward is also improving and AK47 is coming back from all reports

What reports are these? O'Conner saying so? LOL! Wouldn't believe anything that guy says. AK probably wants to come back but NJ and others will certainly try to lure him away. IF NJ is ready to give him a front office job it might be hard for him to say no.

Quote:
so they should be solid at the 3 spot as well. If you made Miles the 6th man with OJ starting you'd have a lot of firepower and depth.

Solid is going to make you one of the worst teams in the league. You need stars. That's why you don't give up one of the best players in the league without shopping him for the best offer.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:09 AM   #23
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why do we need to get Ramon Sessions? I'd rather stick with Harris by FAR, even if he's not the same player he was 3 years ago.

I wonder if there's any way we can sign and trade CJ, Raja, Future 2nd Round Pick for Mayo and maybe someone else to throw in. Probably a one sided deal for us, but I can only wish.

Jazz need to trade Big Al for a center that actually has size.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:22 AM   #24
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Also, to add since this is a draft thread after all, if we don't move up to get Kyrie Irving like I hope, I want us to get Kanter/Valanciunas/Motiejunas. Hopefully the latter two, because they are 6'11 and 7'0". We need a true center, and not Al Jefferson.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:44 AM   #25
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Also, to add since this is a draft thread after all, if we don't move up to get Kyrie Irving like I hope, I want us to get Kanter/Valanciunas/Motiejunas. Hopefully the latter two, because they are 6'11 and 7'0". We need a true center, and not Al Jefferson.
What do those 3 play like? I don't want none of this softserve shit in the middle. Got Memo for that, they need someone tough.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:50 AM   #26
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
What do those 3 play like? I don't want none of this softserve shit in the middle. Got Memo for that, they need someone tough.

NBADraft.net made some comparisons for the 3 players:

Kanter: Al Horford
Motiejunas: Andrea Bargnani (Bargnani is soft, so the comparison doesn't sound good. LOL)
Valanciunas: Nenad Krstic/Primoz Brezic (Bad comparisons due to the fact both have been pretty average or below average in their careers.)
Old 04-08-2011, 10:17 AM   #27
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Why do we need to get Ramon Sessions? I'd rather stick with Harris by FAR, even if he's not the same player he was 3 years ago.

At 10 million a year you're probably stuck with Harris. Sessions plays both guard positions, is only 25 and improving and put up 13 pts(46%/82%)and 5 ass in only 26 minutes a game and will come at much less than 10 mil a year. Pretty comparable numbers to Harris who's getting worse and is a couple years older. Harris is better defensively but I'm not sure he is otherwise?

Quote:
I wonder if there's any way we can sign and trade CJ, Raja, Future 2nd Round Pick for Mayo and maybe someone else to throw in. Probably a one sided deal for us, but I can only wish.

Why a future 2nd rounder? They don't have one this year?

Quote:
Jazz need to trade Big Al for a center that actually has size.

Need to trade him to get rid of him. If they get some help in return that would be a bonus.

Quote:
Kanter: Al Horford

Another PF. Looks like their guy!

Quote:
Motiejunas: Andrea Bargnani (Bargnani is soft, so the comparison doesn't sound good. LOL)
Valanciunas: Nenad Krstic/Primoz Brezic (Bad comparisons due to the fact both have been pretty average or below average in their careers.)

I'll pass.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #28
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Well things just got a little more interesting. A lot more options now. Moving up or down or out.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #29
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

So what's everyones preference? Knight at #3 or Williams or Kanter? If they take Williams or Kanter they could then perhaps target Fredette at #12. Or take Knight and then someone like Burks or Singleton at #12?
Old 05-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #30
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Utah will come away with Derrick Willliams and Jimmer. Book it.

Harris Jimmer/Watson
Miles Jimmer Bell
Williams Hayward
Jefferson Milsap (Williams)
Favors Okur

Not bad.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: