Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 05-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #31
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2011 NBA Draft

I read that the Jazz rae going to get Brandon Knight.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:15 PM   #32
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

O'Conner apparently loves Knight so he looks likely.

Tomic close to re-signing in Europe. Still need a center.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:37 PM   #33
utahjazzrock
Decent playground baller

utahjazzrock has an OK reputation so far

I'm hoping that the Wolves pass on Williams since they already have Beas/Love and need a center.
Then definitely get Jimmer with our 2nd pick!
utahjazzrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:37 PM   #34
utahjazzrock
Decent playground baller

utahjazzrock has an OK reputation so far

And besides being a guy who could give us more attention, become a fan favorite and hometown hero, I think we could actually use Jimmer.
utahjazzrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:56 AM   #35
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

TWolves need vets. Jazz need everything but PF's
Old 05-19-2011, 03:22 AM   #36
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
If the Bobcats are unable to up in the draft lottery, Rod Higgins said he's open to exploring trade possibilities.
Charlotte could trade Nos. 9 and 19 in order to move up in the draft, or they could also acquire a young veteran.
"Depending on the specifics, you'd always have to think about that," Higgins said. "Say, at No. 19 we are not seeing players who we think can help us. And there was a (veteran) available who'd be in our top seven or eight. You'd have to consider that."
Because the Bobcats didn't exercise a first round pick in 2010, they will need to in 2011.

Devin Harris/Al Jefferson MJ?

Old 05-19-2011, 07:43 AM   #37
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Devin Harris/Al Jefferson MJ?

While I think Harris would be OK for Charlotte, they really don't have enough to offer to get AJ I think. Outside of maybe Diaw, there really isn't anyone on that team who'd fit in. Jackson is too old, TT is inconsistent and not needed, Diop can block the occasional shot, but makes way too much money for what he brings to a team.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #38
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Harris, Jefferson and Okur make too much for what they bring too.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #39
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Harris, Jefferson and Okur make too much for what they bring too.
They're still streets ahead of anything the Bobcats would have to offer for them.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #40
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Depends. Do they have any trade exceptions? Unloading bad contracts for picks, prospects and better contracts isn't a bad idea.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #41
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor talked about what he’s looking for and how he plans to evaluate prospects.
Asked about drafting players based on availability versus need, O'Connor replied:
“Just always go back to the Michael Jordan rule."
O'Connor was referring to Portland's ill-fated decision to select Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan in the 1984 draft.
O'Connor also indicated that position would have no bearing on his decision.

Easy to say when u need help everywhere. We can only hope they fill that hole at the 4 though.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #42
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Ryan Feldman: I'm hearing that the Utah Jazz really like Kemba Walker at 3. Twitter
Old 05-20-2011, 11:40 AM   #43
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

The Jazz have two of the top dozen picks in the June 23 NBA Draft. A source said Thursday that while Jimmer Fredette isn't being looked at for Utah's No. 3 selection, he definitely will be given consideration if available at No. 12. Consider the interest mutual. "Yeah, that would be something that would be very cool," the star guard from BYU said Thursday at the NBA Draft Combine about the possibility of being drafted by the Jazz. "Obviously, I have a big following out there. I feel comfortable there. I have a lot of family and friends in the area. It's a good system, a lot of pick rolls.

Jazz officials, who didn't want to discuss Fredette in Chicago, were to have an interview with him Thursday night at the combine. Among those who were scheduled to meet with Fredette include general manager Kevin O'Connor, director of player personnel Walt Perrin, head coach Tyrone Corbin and assistants Scott Layden and Jeff Hornacek. Fredette anticipated sitting down with nine NBA teams on Thursday in Chicago. But most important for Fredette is what he'll be doing while standing up at the combine, which began Wednesday and runs through Saturday.

The Bucks, who are in the market for a backup point guard, conducted a formal interview with Brigham Young University star point guard Jimmer Fredette on the first day of the NBA pre-draft camp.

Fredette said he had an intensive interview with several Bucks officials, including general manager John Hammond and head coach Scott Skiles. "I thought it went well," Fredette said. "I think they really like me and I really liked talking to them."

BYU's Jimmer Fredette, out of upstate Glens Falls, doesn't mind if he falls out of the lottery, even if it costs him money on his rookie contract. All Fredette wants is a team where he's a good fit. And, yes, Fredette, the National Player of the Year, believes Mike D'Antoni's high-speed Knicks, who select 17th, are a match made in heaven. Fredette, the BYU 6-foot-1 sharpshooting point guard, told The Post at yesterday's pre-draft camp here he has agreed to work out for the Knicks in Westchester on June 2. "It's a team that's definitely intriguing especially with their style of play," Fredette said yesterday. "Being able to get up and down the court, that's what we did at BYU. That's how I feel comfortable playing. Obviously, being from New York and liking the Knicks growing up, we'll see."

D'Antoni adores sweet shooters like Fredette. He's been on the Knicks' radar for a while. One year ago, Fredette worked out for the Knicks and strained his quad muscle, cutting the session short. Days later, he decided to pull out of the draft. Fredette said he was looking for a guarantee and didn't get one.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #44
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Depends. Do they have any trade exceptions? Unloading bad contracts for picks, prospects and better contracts isn't a bad idea.
They have a 2.75M trade exception, so not really enough to make a deal. Charlotte really don't have any enticing contracts or players. Guys like Jackson still have 2 years left, as do Matt Carroll and Diop. Tyrus Thomas has 4. So you're looking at a deal that's basically

Al Jefferson

for

Boris Diaw
Matt Carroll (Owed about $8 million over the next two years)
Portlands 2013 1st round pick

Carroll is useless, Diaw is inconsistent and the Portland pick will probably be in the 15-20 range, so I don't see that as an enticing deal at all. I think you'd be able to get more for Jefferson then that. I'm not as focused on receiving draft picks in return since they are getting Golden States 1st rounder next year, which may very well be a lottery pick again.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #45
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Andy Katz reported that Enes Kanter stood up the Jazz at his scheduled interview.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: