Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-17-2011, 04:29 AM   #1
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Blake Griffin goes off after a flagrant foul

This is just a sample of the future. I truly believe he's going to hurt someone when he snaps all the way. After the game he said he's sick of refs letting other players hit him in the face and take him down like this all the time and it boiled over a little bit. I feel bad for the player that sends him over the edge all the way in the future.

Blake Griffin leads the league in flagrant fouls received with 8. Meaning players are trying to deliver these kind of fouls pretty regularly. This one wasn't too bad... but earlier in game there were a couple non calls of Sixers players roughing him up and in the game in Philly Blake got flagrantly fouled by Elton Brand so it was built up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgBci5KKNC0

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 03-17-2011 at 04:34 AM.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:34 AM   #2
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Blake Griffin goes off after a flagrant foul

Damn so Blake got slapped in the face and then received a takedown on the same play? I think I would have gotten up ready to fight too after that. Did he end up getting a tech on that play?
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:37 AM   #3
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Damn so Blake got slapped in the face and then received a takedown on the same play? I think I would have gotten up ready to fight too after that. Did he end up getting a tech on that play?

No.. the refs didn't T him because obviously he walked away (opposite of KG who gets tough when teammates get in front of him). I was surprised too because he shoved the ref away. I'm all for physical play... but I'm sick of Blake getting taken down all the time just to prevent a fu**ing dunk. I understand it gets the team going.. but it's dangerous. This particular one isn't too dirty.. but teams do it all the time.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:38 AM   #4
2swift4u
High School Varsity 6th Man

2swift4u has decent reputation2swift4u has decent reputation

I can see why he's pissed, although he goes at the wrong guy in this sequence. it was Meeks who fouled him hard..

still he should try to stay cool.. good players get hacked all the time. Dwight got hit in his eye pretty badly a couple of weeks ago and stayed cool, Lebron gets hit in the face very often, still I've never seen him go at the other guy..

Sure must be frustrating to get fouled hard that often, but he needs to stay cool!! I hope he doesn't get hurt some day because of such a hard foul..

Last edited by 2swift4u : 03-17-2011 at 04:40 AM.
2swift4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:43 AM   #5
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2swift4u
I can see why he's pissed, although he goes at the wrong guy in this sequence. it was Meeks who fouled him hard..

still he should try to stay cool.. good players get hacked all the time. Dwight got hit in his eye pretty badly a couple of weeks ago and stayed cool, Lebron gets hit in the face very often, still I've never seen him go at the other guy..

Sure must be frustrating to get fouled hard that often, but he needs to stay cool!!

I agree I kinda chuckled when he went after wrong dude. I think he was seeing red at that point. Plus even though Battie was trying to save his fall.. he did push Blake to the floor and Blake was already pissed from the slap. BTW... Dwight is the only player who receives so many hard fouls and nobody tackles him as often as they do Blake. Maybe because Dwight will retaliate with a nice elbow to the face?

I agree he needs to stay cool but he has. He's made it 65+ games before snapping a little bit like this and he's been hit in the face and fouled hard like this all season long.. at least a couple times a game. From the first couple times it happened.. I said to myself he needs to get a nasty edge like Rodman.. Malone or Shaq. Make it clear that he's not going to put up with this shit.

Kenyon Martin when asked about this happening to Blake Griffin said "He needs to defend himself. The reason nobody did this to me is because they knew I'd retaliate".
Old 03-17-2011, 04:56 AM   #6
JGXEN
COOL STORY BRAHHHHHHH

JGXEN has an OK reputation so far

It wasnt really a horrible foul though. Im sure battie meant no harm, his first tug was to prevent Griff from shooting and he tried to break griff's fall after that. Griffin's just pissed off and that could have built up from the past
JGXEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:58 AM   #7
PurpleChuck
Banned

PurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just shows how good he is, so many players threatened by a rookie.
PurpleChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:06 AM   #8
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected poster

Griffin finally showed some emotions?
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:09 AM   #9
ballerz
Local High School Star

ballerz has an OK reputation so far

blake was ready to knock someone out
ballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:14 AM   #10
griffmoney1784
Banned

griffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsgriffmoney1784 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

dude slaps him in the face

blake trips over

dude trys to wrap him up

blake falls

dude holds onto him because hes falling

blake thinks it was all the guy from behind but it was all caused by the other guy

in the end nothing even that bad happend. overraction.

nothing else to see here... move along move along
griffmoney1784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:34 AM   #11
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Kid donno whats good for him, needs to chill the **** down.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:06 AM   #12
dbugz
Gang Green

dbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cool

Wow Battie is still playing on this league?
dbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:10 AM   #13
chips93

that was a flagrant foul?

he got hit in the face accidentally, it happens all the time, no big deal
Old 03-17-2011, 06:22 AM   #14
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Cowboy Thunder has an OK reputation so far

Happened to him a lot in college too
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:33 AM   #15
Harison
The Awakening

Harison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this board

There was hardly any flagrant foul at all. Yes he got slapped in the face, accidentally, happens all the time. Hell sometimes players get stiches in such cases and no even foul called. Then Blake trips and Battie HOLDS Blake so he wouldnt harm himself, and yet gets flagrant for it? Minor push might happened, but live it looked much worse than in slow motion. Total overreaction by Blake.
Harison is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: