Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-18-2011, 06:53 AM   #1
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Omer Asik

Now I can see why the Bulls didn't trade him for Lee.

Honestly I have a hard time thinking of 5 players in the entire league as good as he is defending the rim, and that includes Noah.

He needs work on the offensive end (mostly catching passes and finishing dunks), but he is a stud on defense, and that's all I can ask for from a center.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Omer Asik

Idk about him being top 5 at guarding the rim but I do think they chose wisely (keeping him).

We got Noah someone to watch his back down low, now we need a guard to handle some of the creating duties.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this board

He is a beast protecting the paint and rebounding the ball on both ends of the floor. And I think he has earned respect from the refs with his play, because I don't see them calling fouls on him that usually rookies get called on. He goes up straight, and blocks shots with his great timing. He is also a very good help defender.

He obviously needs to work on his offensive game. I'm not sure if he's got bad hands, or if he lets his nerves get the best of him, but he fumbles the ball too much. His free throw shooting is not good, either; however, I can see him address those issues in the off season, because he's got a good work ethic.

The bad thing about him improving will be that we may not be able to sign him after his contract expires next year. I guess we'll have to enjoy him while we have him.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's no coincidence that he started beasting pretty much right after the Bulls FO refused to trade him.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #5
Chicago Brawls
Great young streetballer

Chicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected poster

Defensive and rebounding beast.

There's still room for improvement on offense. Especially with his back to the basket.

Take a look at this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6XwCrgdups
Chicago Brawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #6
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Maybe they should have traded Noah/Deng for Melo/Birdman and made Asik the starting C?
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #7
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

I like this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcvtM...eature=related
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #8
themurph
High School Varsity 6th Man

themurph is a pretty well-respected posterthemurph is a pretty well-respected posterthemurph is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Link for the Bulls/Indiana game?

Does anyone have a link for tonight's game? Thanks.....
themurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:11 AM   #9
rodman91
Bulls

rodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputation

Made Kevin love sit on his ass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo5hPhUqKow
rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:00 AM   #10
kela
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kela has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman91
Made Kevin love sit on his ass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo5hPhUqKow

Ironically Aşık means "lover" in Turkish. So "Lover" just kicked "Love"'s ass.
kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #11
EoJ

EoJ is popular on this boardEoJ is popular on this boardEoJ is popular on this boardEoJ is popular on this boardEoJ is popular on this board

check out this interview with him. he sounds like a monster haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQgmmeJNYlE
EoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:51 AM   #12
rodman91
Bulls

rodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoJ
check out this interview with him. he sounds like a monster haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQgmmeJNYlE

and he looks like one too
Old 04-04-2011, 03:01 AM   #13
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
Maybe they should have traded Noah/Deng for Melo/Birdman and made Asik the starting C?

I'm glad we didn't trade for Melo. He's mentally weak and having an off year. Unike Deng, Melo can't be relied upon to contain players on a consistent basis.

The Bulls do need better offense, but I don't think Melo and Birdman would've been much better than Deng and Noah when you take both sides of the floor into account.

We've been called homers for years now for calling Noah a great player, but it's obvious to everyone now that he is. No one shit talks him anymore. He's legit, unlike Tyson Chandler when we had him. He was definitely overrated when we had him. Noah's the real deal though.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #14
rodman91
Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
I'm glad we didn't trade for Melo. He's mentally weak and having an off year. Unike Deng, Melo can't be relied upon to contain players on a consistent basis.

The Bulls do need better offense, but I don't think Melo and Birdman would've been much better than Deng and Noah when you take both sides of the floor into account.

We've been called homers for years now for calling Noah a great player, but it's obvious to everyone now that he is. No one shit talks him anymore. He's legit, unlike Tyson Chandler when we had him. He was definitely overrated when we had him. Noah's the real deal though.

Same here. I wouldn't trade my dirty underwear for Melo. He is skilled but definetely not we need. Rose is the guy who must take this team another level.He already using dozens of shots and not with high FG%. Another scorer like that only hurts out team's offense. We already got Rose & Boozer.Also he is weak defender.Doesn't like passing. Anthony & Rose would be second version of Anthony & Iverson.
Birdman..I love his crazy image and highlight blocks but thats all. He is exteremely overrated defender.All he does chasing for highlight blocks.

Our team lives with defense&hustle. We already got our scorer, out clutch player.Any star who doesn't interested with defense & hustle would be a suicide for us.We got Boozer already.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #15
broy
Decent playground baller

broy has an OK reputation so far

The Whitest Boy Alive.
broy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: