Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-29-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
game385
Great young streetballer

game385 has an OK reputation so far
Default Boozer and Noah for Dwight?

I pulled off this trade the other day on 2K11, but I have to admit I had a bit of a hard time pulling the trigger (even on a video game) I'm curious to know what other Bulls fans think about this possibility in real life.

Hypothetically speaking of course, let's say that Orlando gets bounced in either the 1st or 2nd round of this years playoffs and by next season's all-star break they find themselves in the same position as Denver was this year... Thoughts?

Keep in mind too that Orlando would have to include another player as well to make the contracts work. (I got Bass on the game)

Last edited by game385 : 03-29-2011 at 01:58 PM.
game385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Boozer and Noah for Dwight?

i think i'd do that.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think Dwight is going to stay in Orlando. It would be sick to pawn Boozer off, and pickup Dwight.

Imagine that, JHO and DHO. Now thats something to strive for on a roster!
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
redbull
I brick open layups

redbull has no real reputation yet.

In a heartbeat. If Boozer was younger, it may take some thought but at this stage in his career I'd glady package him with Noah to get Howard
redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:41 AM   #5
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would do it, because we would then have cap space to sign someone along with him. Boozer and Noah have bloated deals, especially if you put them together. It's nearly half a team salary cap worth of contract.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:32 PM   #6
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Easily
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

That would be absolute robbery on our part...
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:10 PM   #8
DaBigReality
Kids at the park dunk on me

DaBigReality has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
That would be absolute robbery on our part...

Definite robbery so I don't ever see it happening. If this were to happen though, I'd make sure to keep both Taj and Asik and then sign some vet scrub as an additional PF.
Rose/Dwight = Dynasty for many years.
DaBigReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:21 PM   #9
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just an addendum to my last post. . .I'm happy with Boozer and Noah. I don't think we "need Dwight" to win a championship. I just think Dwight + 9-10m for a good PF is better than Boozer and Noah. We don't "need" that though.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:54 PM   #10
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Duh. Although Noah is a great defensive center, think of Dwight Howard in Thibodeau's system.

It would be tough lossing both Noah and Boozer, but Dwight is the one player that would be worth it. Having the best PG and the best C on the same team? Hold onto Taj and Asik in that deal and you've still got a great group of bigs.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #11
game385
Great young streetballer

game385 has an OK reputation so far

A few Questions...
  1. What team(s) would Dwight be willing to sign an extension with?
  2. Assuming Dwight's preferences limits Orlando's options like it did with Denver and Melo, of those team(s), what would be Orlando's asking price?
  3. What do you see those team(s) willing to give up?
game385 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: