Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #16
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!
 
nightprowler10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Madhouse on Madison
Posts: 3,508
Default Re: A clarification: Kobe/Jordan related

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosso√er
It's a two-way street; I constantly see non-Laker fans bring up Jordan in pretty much every Kobe related discussion.

IMO, it's only Kobe fans and Kobe-haters who bring MJ into the discussion. Real MJ fans probably couldn't give two shits.
nightprowler10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #17
crosso√er
Decent college freshman
 
crosso√er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,192
Default Re: A clarification: Kobe/Jordan related

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10
IMO, it's only Kobe fans and Kobe-haters who bring MJ into the discussion. Real MJ fans probably couldn't give two shits.

Loki is a real Jordan fan; he is guilty of that more-so then any other poster on this forum.
crosso√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #18
Ne 1
College star
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: A clarification: Kobe/Jordan related

I think Kobe and Jordan will always be compared.

They are forever linked linked and intertwined. Similar to Magic and Bird or Russell and Wilt, but in a different way because Bird/Magic and Wilt/Russell were rivals.
Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #19
Bogus_Sting
Old School Cool
 
Bogus_Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 581
Default Re: A clarification: Kobe/Jordan related

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
Because Jordan stans are insecure.

Notice how you never see Jordan brought up for any other player. Nor do you see any other player get slighted for winning championships with other great players.

Kobe is held to an unreal standard of how his career should have gone.

All because Jordan stans are insecure.

If they want to be real about it, Jordan never lived up to the legacies of Bill Russell and Kareem.

Jordan revloutionised Sport, Marketing and Business Like no other PERSON in history. Become the most famous PERSON on the planet. He pushed his teamates perfom to standards beyond anything anyone could think possible. He pushed his opponents to standards nobody thought possible.

How is that for a legacy?
Bogus_Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #20
Bandito
pauk's stan
 
Bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 10,640
Default Re: A clarification: Kobe/Jordan related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harion
i don't argue againts Kobe for the sake of arguing. i argue against stupidity. there is a big difference.
I've seen a lot of your posts and all of them is pretty much trolling everyone that says Lebron is not as good as you say it is.
Quote:
please. i could not possibly top Griffmoney or Hulk Hogan.
I said one of the worst, even worser that Griffmoney IHMO. You don't hold a candle to Hulk Hogan though...
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #21
Ne 1
College star
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: A clarification: Kobe/Jordan related

I honestly won't be surprised if 10-15 years from now people are still on this site debating Jordan-Kobe.
Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #22
Bandito
pauk's stan
 
Bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 10,640
Default Re: A clarification: Kobe/Jordan related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne 1
I honestly won't be surprised if 10-15 years from now people are still on this site debating Jordan-Kobe.
it's probably going to be Kobe-Lebron
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #23
Nevaeh
National High School Star
 
Nevaeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,161
Default Re: A clarification: Kobe/Jordan related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
it's probably going to be Kobe-Lebron

Really though. Don't worry kobe fans, some hot-shot young stud, be it this generation or the next, is gonna be doing some magical things on the court that's gonna have kids going gaga and dismissing Kobe like ya'll try to do Jordan.

And you'll have your stats and pics at the ready to defend him because you "actually saw him play", while the kids then won't be bothered watching "old" games from the first decade. That's when it's gonna hit you: " I have to defend my favorite player against these lying little sacks of sh1t"

Get ready............
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #24
Bogus_Sting
Old School Cool
 
Bogus_Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 581
Default Re: A clarification: Kobe/Jordan related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaeh
That's when it's gonna hit you: " I have to defend my favorite player against these lying little sacks of sh1t"

Get ready............
The thing is nobody has to defend Jordan on these boards His Legacy speaks for its self. People just try to educate and stop the Kobe/Laker fans looking so foolish.
Bogus_Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #25
Nevaeh
National High School Star
 
Nevaeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,161
Default Re: A clarification: Kobe/Jordan related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogus_Sting
The thing is nobody has to defend Jordan on these boards His Legacy speaks for its self. People just try to educate and stop the Kobe/Laker fans looking so foolish.

Thats true too. I try to balance it out with education, debating and a bit of trolling to get my point across if you insist on being stupid. People do have to defend Jordan because if younger guys are just posting lies about his legacy, those lies can become "Truth" to people who don't really like to do research.

Imagine if some young kid started saying "Kobe was a scrub who only scored 15 points a game on 20% shooting" thread after thread. Some people will actually start to believe that sh!t if nobody corrects them. It's just about checks and balances and upholding a Player's Legacy. Look at the Great job Jlauber and Phila do on keeping Wilt and Russell's legacy alive. Stuff like that is extremely important.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #26
The Iron Fist
Great college starter
 
The Iron Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,525
Default Re: A clarification: Kobe/Jordan related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harion
you see, that's the 1st mistake you Kobe stans ever make whenever these Jordan vs Kobe arguments come up. you always assume those for Jordan are Jordan stans when they're simply not. at least Bandito knows who i'm a fan of. not even remotely a Jordan stan. i'm a Pippen fan first before Jordan.

maybe it would be because of this


People with common sense who are secure,

wouldn't even bother with those who troll saying Kobe is better.


But you are insecure, and you don't have common sense.

Thats why you constantly argue about it day after day.



If it never bothered you,

you wouldn't even take the time to reply back.

But it does bother you, because you are an insecure Jordan stan.
The Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #27
The Iron Fist
Great college starter
 
The Iron Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,525
Default Re: A clarification: Kobe/Jordan related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogus_Sting
Jordan revloutionised Sport, Marketing and Business Like no other PERSON in history. Become the most famous PERSON on the planet. He pushed his teamates perfom to standards beyond anything anyone could think possible. He pushed his opponents to standards nobody thought possible.

How is that for a legacy?


When did basketball become about being a spokesperson for underwear and cereal?

It never did.

So you can miss me with all that.

On the basketball court,

Jordans legacy isn't what Kareems and Bills are. Hes a notch below.
The Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #28
Bandito
pauk's stan
 
Bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 10,640
Default Re: A clarification: Kobe/Jordan related

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
People with common sense who are secure,

wouldn't even bother with those who troll saying Kobe is better.


But you are insecure, and you don't have common sense.

Thats why you constantly argue about it day after day.



If it never bothered you,

you wouldn't even take the time to reply back.

But it does bother you, because you are an insecure Jordan stan.
Leburn
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:29 PM   #29
ukplayer4
NBA rookie of the year
 
ukplayer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,970
Default Re: A clarification: Kobe/Jordan related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harion
you also confuse those who argue for Jordan as being Jordan stans. you couldn't be more wrong.




this- as so many people have already pointed out- trying to argue that mj is better than kobe doesnt make you an irrational fan of mj and a kobe hater like the kobe brigade try to act. it just means you have commen sense. loads of the people arguing against the crazies also consider kobe the best or second best player in the game right now. but they are constantly making threads full of insane rantings. kobes fans on here are unquestionably the worst posters on this site- no other posters sit in every game thread for lebron and call every foul called on lebron the refs fixing the game- seriously, have you not been in heat threads lately, we are talking every call, not most of them, every single call and its actually worse than that, every time the other team misses a layup and there isnt a whistle thats also the refs fixing the game for lebron and wade(the other great perimeter players right now). there is seriously something wrong in the head of hulk/alphawolf and the others. we are not talking about laker game threads here where their rantings every 5 seconds could be taken as fan related. we are talking about the miami heat vs any other team...
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #30
Bandito
pauk's stan
 
Bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 10,640
Default Re: A clarification: Kobe/Jordan related

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
this- as so many people have already pointed out- trying to argue that mj is better than kobe doesnt make you an irrational fan of mj and a kobe hater like the kobe brigade try to act. it just means you have common sense. loads of the people arguing against the crazies also consider kobe the best or second best player in the game right now. but they are constantly making threads full of insane rantings. kobes fans on here are unquestionably the worst posters on this site- no other posters sit in every game thread for lebron and call every foul called on lebron the refs fixing the game- seriously, have you not been in heat threads lately, we are talking every call, not most of them, every single call and its actually worse than that, every time the other team misses a layup and there isnt a whistle thats also the refs fixing the game for lebron and wade(the other great perimeter players right now). there is seriously something wrong in the head of hulk/alphawolf and the others. we are not talking about laker game threads here where their rantings every 5 seconds could be taken as fan related. we are talking about the miami heat vs any other team...
Young people today lack it for some weird reason.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:57 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy