Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #31
joshwake
Local High School Star

joshwake is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Deron Williams shut down for the rest of the year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Posted on Utah Jazz Forum as well. Which is why I included the part about Devin Harris.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...r_espn_6235536

I know it sucks for Nets fans, and I hate to see someone injured, but it's great news for our draft pick. Deron's wrist has hampered him since January, and his shot has looked pretty bad. Could Devin Harris right now be equal to Deron in production? Obviously a healthy Deron is a ton better, but Devin and Deron could be equal in production, maybe the trade didn't hurt us all that bad this year.

It also gives Sundiata Gaines more playing time if Deron does get shut down.
The only thing of significance is the draft pick that the Jazz have. Who cares about the Jazz season? If they happen to sneak into the playoffs they will probably be swept by SA.
joshwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #32
joshwake
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAO
Nets fans get yet another trade shoved up their back side. Poor fellows are snake bit as hell.
eh??? this trade had very little to do with this season for both teams.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #33
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
But he can't complete 100% in the matchups against other elite point guards and this hurts him mentally. *his words, not mine....

Eh.. Deron at 75-80% is still pretty damn good.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #34
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

this is so sad. So when Deron williams leave for the Knicks this offseason, Nets will basically have traded Favors for 6 games from Deron Williams!?
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #35
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Eh.. Deron at 75-80% is still pretty damn good.
i agree 100%. i just thought that was a stupid thing of him to say. it was one of the reasons (he said) he might need time off, because losing the personal matchups not being at 100% made him stressed.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:06 PM   #36
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
i agree 100%. i just thought that was a stupid thing of him to say. it was one of the reasons (he said) he might need time off, because losing the personal matchups not being at 100% made him stressed.
He said that?. Thats dumb. Oh and wow that Brooklyn Arena is being build fast just saw some pictures. Thought you cared since you live around there.

Last edited by D12"Magic" : 03-19-2011 at 10:21 PM.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:07 AM   #37
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
this is so sad. So when Deron williams leave for the Knicks this offseason, Nets will basically have traded Favors for 6 games from Deron Williams!?

Yes, because he really wants to go to a team that plays 0 defense and has two stars who need the ball in their hands to score.

If he leaves, he's going to an actual contender. Maybe Dallas, because it's his home town. Hopefully, that doesn't happen though.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:09 AM   #38
kabalcage
Local High School Star

kabalcage has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbelly
So will he he signing the extension ?

He can't sign with a bad wrist.
kabalcage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:24 AM   #39
joshwake
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
He's under contract through next year. But yea he will probly leave unless nj can pull off a big trade or signing
Old 03-20-2011, 08:16 AM   #40
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
He said that?. Thats dumb. Oh and wow that Brooklyn Arena is being build fast just saw some pictures. Thought you cared since you live around there.
im like 15 minutes away by car, 10 minutes if no traffic. yeah, its good. im sure to go to some games, hopefully they price it reasonably. if its like Knick level pricing ill be so pissed. for the longest time they were saying "we are building, we are building" and nothing was happening. nice its moving along...

Listening to Deron talk he's hugely self centered. No hate, he's a great player and that 100% doesn't reflect on his play. But Deron doesn't think Deron ever has a bad day, he's either hurt or someone else did not do their job. i don't think i ever recall listening to him talk in Utah, was it same?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: