Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-19-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Let's look at those new Knickerbockers.

I think it is pretty safe to say that everyone is dissapointed with the Knicks' mediocre start since the midseason trade. Before Carmelo Anthony's thrilling arrival at the Garden the Knickerbockers sported a 28-26 record. Right now, March 19th we have not made any improvements record wise. In fact, we have dropped a spot in the rankings, down to 7th in the Eastern Conference. Not to mention the Knicks would not even have Playoff position if they were in the Western Conference, where they'd have the 10th best record in the Conference. In my opinion it is unacceptable that a star-studded team like the Knickerbockers are just two games removed from being .500 on the season.

So, why are we sporting that 7 wins / 7 losses record since the trade? Let's take a look:

Carmelo Anthony made his spectacular debut on the 23rd of last month at the Garden, versus the Milwaukee Bucks. Even though we pulled away at the end, winning by 6 at home, we have not beaten a sub.-500 team since that game.

Losses: Cleveland, Orlando, Cleveland, Dallas, Indiana, Indiana, Detroit.
Wins: Milwaukee, Miami, New Orleans, Atlanta, Utah, Memphis, Memphis.

*Teams in bold have a sub-.500 record on the season.

This means we have only been able to win 1 game against a inferior competition in 6 tries, 1-5 against sub-.500 teams. Yet we have won 6 games against teams who have a record better than .500 on the season, with only two losses against the Dallas Mavericks and the Orlando Magic. Who, which might be notable, have always given the Knickerbockers trouble in the past.

In our losses the opponent averages 114.4 points per game, in our wins they average 96.7 points per game.

Statistics losses
Rebounding
Rebounding differential: - 3.6 RPG
Opponents rebounding: 44 RPG
New York Knicks rebounding: 40.4 RPG

Points in the Paint
Opponents P.I.P.: 44.6
Knicks P.I.P: 37.1
P.I.P. differential: - 7.5

Shooting
Opponents Field Goal Percentage: 50.7%

Knicks Three Pointers taken: 176 (25.1 threes per game)
Knicks Three Pointers made: 62 (8.9 threes made)
Knicks Three Point shooting: 36%

Last edited by NY-Knicks : 03-19-2011 at 08:23 AM.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Let's look at those new Knickerbockers.

Quote:
In fact, we have dropped a spot in the rankings, down to 7th in the Eastern Conference

I am really disappointed with the new-look Knicks.

Maybe you will hate me but I liked the old team better.
Gallo was really close to my heart and wins against Miami and San Antonio at MSG were the games I felt more proud than ever.

This team probably has a brighter future but it will probably take some time(and some wins) for them to become close to my heart like the old-Knicks were.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think no matter how we feel personally about the trade, it cannot be judged after 14 games and one full practice.

The new group was expected to struggle some.

I don't like how we lose to the inferior, but I do like how we rise up to the teams we will see later on, the playoff bound ones.

But lets not act like the old group didn't do that as well.

I do recall losing to Cleveland who snapped a major losing streak on us, Love with the 30/30 game and Beasly dropping off 35 on us in the same game.

I also recall the old group having two sets of 6 game losing streaks in which those streaks were littered with awful teams in them.

We had a 13-17 stretch prior to the trade.

The second losing streak was near the mid point so chemistry was not an excuse at all.

Teams were flat out rocking us during that stretch.....

Utah 131 and Suns 129 most notably

Both groups get killed in rebounding even when the old group had a Center that the coach refused to play and now not really having one at all.

But Lets just remember the trade was built for the future, meaning next season and beyond.

Although I fully expect this team just like the old group to have had a competitive first round series no matter who it is.

Now having some playoff battled players on the squad, I fully expect the team, I expect them to be fully engaged in whatever matchup they have, and wins some games, if not the series.

It's not that bad.

There's at least 14 teams that would like our shoes, especially the ones across the river.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't care how many games we need to win/lose.

I just don't want to face Miami in the playoffs.
And if we can judge by Celtics poor play lately Miami could overtake Boston on the 2nd seed.

That would be the worst scenario.
Facing Miami and losing games in the regular season.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #5
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I don't care how many games we need to win/lose.

I just don't want to face Miami in the playoffs.
And if we can judge by Celtics poor play lately Miami could overtake Boston on the 2nd seed.

That would be the worst scenario.
Facing Miami and losing games in the regular season.

I'd rather verse Miami then Boston or Chicago. Boston especially is the last team I want to see.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If I had to pick in orde3r of who I'd rather face.....

1) Miami only because our big three will rise to the ocassion against them, and our bench is better, which says alot about Miami's bench.
Plus we'd have fan support down there.

2)Chicago because they truly are very overrated. They only do two things really well, rebound misses and score in open court off turnovers.

Knicks protect the ball, and keep the rebounding close and i think they could make that series a long one.

3)Boston...don't wanna see them at all. They coasting, and resting for the playoff push. They are way to efficient for me to deal with.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #7
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

But still, to see the differences in points allowed and the FG% we allow in losses, that's crazy.

And this would be my list:
Miami
Chicago

Boston
Old 03-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
But still, to see the differences in points allowed and the FG% we allow in losses, that's crazy.
Primarily because if the shots aren't falling as a team, they don't try on the other end.

We let our offense dictate our defense.

That's backwards.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #9
Clutch
Stop flopping

My list:

Chicago
Boston
Miami

I think we will lose anyways and it would be least embarrassing to me if we lose against Miami.

I don't like Miami at all and if there is a team I wouldn't like to lose from it's Miami.

It's ok to lose from Boston,I think we can pass Bulls but even if we lost it's ok.
But against Miami is personal,at least to me.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #10
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
My list:

Chicago
Boston
Miami

I think we will lose anyways and it would be least embarrassing to me if we lose against Miami.

I don't like Miami at all and if there is a team I wouldn't like to lose from it's Miami.

It's ok to lose from Boston,I think we can pass Bulls but even if we lost it's ok.
But against Miami is personal,at least to me.

NO!

Division rival, and Boston vs. New York. Can't afford to lose that series. Want Miami or Chicago in the first round.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #11
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
NO!

Division rival, and Boston vs. New York. Can't afford to lose that series. Want Miami or Chicago in the first round.

Give me Boston over Miami

It seems like everyone has it's own interests.

New York-Chicago
New York-Boston
New York-Orlando

I DON'T CARE.
Just avoid Miami.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #12
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not disappointed at all.I'm still very estatic about the trade.These games mean nothing.Regardless,we werent going to be a 1,2,3 or 4 seed.We predictably hovered between 5 and 7.Big deal.I don't get how some of the same hypocrites giving a pass to Walsh for not getting LeBron are impatient with a team just constructed.I'll take this team over the one we began the season with any day.We've won bigger games with far less practice and Chauncey has been hurt.Im far from in panic mode and in fact,I think us losing will be beneficial in the long run.I don't want to see D'Antoni here any longer and Im not exactly confident in Walsh.If we win,it'll be even harder to get Mike outta here.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #13
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It sure is a good thing we won't play any teams under .500 in the playoffs.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #14
lebob23
38563065 38563065 3

lebob23 has not been impressing people

Theyre average its plain and simple. Would somebody please explain how D'antoni didnt win with that stacked team of 4 all stars on the Suns?
lebob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:34 PM   #15
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebob23
Theyre average its plain and simple. Would somebody please explain how D'antoni didnt win with that stacked team of 4 all stars on the Suns?
Bingo.

That team was loaded, and still didn't win.

How on earth can we expect this seriously flawed team to win?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: