Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #16
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation
Default Re: New Poll: America still takes Durant over LeBron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
I just don't see Russell Westbrook flowering if he played with LeBron.

Based on what?

As far as the poll's concerned, all polls featuring LeBron lost credibility after July 8, 2010.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #17
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
When you factor in things like personality, entourage baggage, and the ball dominant style of LeBron going with Durant is not the bad of an idea. I just don't see Russell Westbrook flowering if he played with LeBron. There is also the age factor that should be considered as well.

Yeah but it isn't like KD has proven a lot yet. I mean, he's fantastic but can he carry a team the way Lebron did? I know there are plenty of ways to hate on Lebron, but he's simply the best player in the League (unfortunately). And I'll build around that all day, every day.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #18
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
Based on what?

Lebron is ball dominant, he needs a PG that can play off the ball. And Westbrook's talents are his ability to work with the basketball in his hands. Not exactly the best shooter in the world. KD can work off screens and without the ball, Lebron doesn't do that.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #19
jstern
Great college starter

jstern has decent reputationjstern has decent reputation

I find it very hard to believe that 50 out of 50 states would pick Durant over Lebron. So you would have to post a link.

And I'm not saying that I would pick Lebron, or that Durant is not that great, just that 50/50 including Miami doesn't make sense.
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #20
amfirst
Great college starter

amfirst has an OK reputation so far

Durant would be easier to build around. I would go with him. LeBron is not as effective with a good guard as Durant. The dude dribbles too much and does not shoot good enough to play off a guard.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #21
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:

As far as the poll's concerned, all polls featuring LeBron lost credibility after July 8, 2010.

true.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #22
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
And Westbrook's talents are his ability to work with the basketball in his hands.

So are Wade's.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #23
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

I think the 2 best options to build around in the League today are Howard and James.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #24
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
So are Wade's.

Exactly. That's why I don't like that duo.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:18 AM   #25
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Exactly. That's why I don't like that duo.

But Wade's averaging 27/7/4 on a career high FG% this season. If he can flourish around LeBron, so can another ball-dominant player in Westbrook.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #26
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
But Wade's averaging 27/7/4 on a career high FG% this season. If he can flourish around LeBron, so can another ball-dominant player in Westbrook.

Of course it's possible. But I think a coach would let Lebron be more ball dominant when playing with Westbrook than when he's playing with Dwyane Wade.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So there is no valid bball argument why one would take Durant over Lebron. I'll take Jrue Holiday over Deron Williams who couldnt get along with a HOF HC in Sloan. Jrue is much young, nicer and a totally good kid. D-Will is a diva.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #28
YouCallILose
Banned

YouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:

LOL @ this garbage

Wade is averaging 25.2/6.6/4.4 on 49.6 FG%. Taking out his rookie year, he's a 49% shooting for his career.
YouCallILose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #29
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
So there is no valid bball argument why one would take Durant over Lebron. I'll take Jrue Holiday over Deron Williams who couldnt get along with a HOF HC in Sloan. Jrue is much young, nicer and a totally good kid. D-Will is a diva.

GOBB is a homer, GOBB is a homer.

Sorry, I'll stop.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #30
asdf1990
College star

asdf1990 has no real reputation yet.

link to poll?
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: