Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #16
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Magic Johnson is the biggest camera whore among the NBA all time greats

Magic has a public persona why are you trying to knock him for it OP.
Magic Johnson has giving back to a whole lot of urban communities etc. more so then any other former pro athlete. He is also a successful business man. Players after their careers are over should aspire to be like him. Get your facts right on Magic and show some respect. F*cking kids.

Last edited by crisoner : 03-19-2011 at 05:12 PM.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:17 PM   #17
BoxOutBOXOUT
Banned

BoxOutBOXOUT has not been impressing people
Default Re: Magic Johnson is the biggest camera whore among the NBA all time greats

Magic is the anti-Jordan. He's charismatic, friendly, sure of himself, and a pillar of the community. While Jordan is racking up gambling debts and talking sh*t about his rivals, Magic is giving back to the community and is happy to see others succeed.

People idolize Jordan because of his on-court exploits, but the fact is that the guy is a total d-bag. He's a typical nikka, trapped in his vices and unable to rise to anything higher. He ruined his marriage, his family, his finances, his friendships - all because of his sh*t personality.

Magic, on the other hand, has always been a people person. He's always cared about others and been in it to have fun and bring smiles to people's faces. He's a true entertainer and human being.

I'd also argue that Magic is the smartest of all the greats. He's done more post-basketball than any of them. While Isaiah is sucking c*ck for an office job with the Knicks, Bird is fading into obscurity in the Pacers front office, and MJ is racking up gambling debts, Magic has many successful businesses and community projects, and will probably be in on LA's next NFL franchise. The guy knows what he's doing.

MJ played basketball for the love of winning. Magic played it for the love of the game. You could see it every time they played. Jordan was like a conqueror, wanting to rip your heart out, while Magic was like an artist, painting beautiful brush strokes on the hardwood canvas.

Both will be remembered for what they did in the NBA but, as human beings, long after MJ stops being profitable and becomes a social outcast, Magic will still be around joking and having fun and making a difference in the world.
BoxOutBOXOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #18
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOutBOXOUT
Magic is the anti-Jordan. He's charismatic, friendly, sure of himself, and a pillar of the community. While Jordan is racking up gambling debts and talking sh*t about his rivals, Magic is giving back to the community and is happy to see others succeed.

People idolize Jordan because of his on-court exploits, but the fact is that the guy is a total d-bag. He's a typical nikka, trapped in his vices and unable to rise to anything higher. He ruined his marriage, his family, his finances, his friendships - all because of his sh*t personality.

Magic, on the other hand, has always been a people person. He's always cared about others and been in it to have fun and bring smiles to people's faces. He's a true entertainer and human being.

I'd also argue that Magic is the smartest of all the greats. He's done more post-basketball than any of them. While Isaiah is sucking c*ck for an office job with the Knicks, Bird is fading into obscurity in the Pacers front office, and MJ is racking up gambling debts, Magic has many successful businesses and community projects, and will probably be in on LA's next NFL franchise. The guy knows what he's doing.

MJ played basketball for the love of winning. Magic played it for the love of the game. You could see it every time they played. Jordan was like a conqueror, wanting to rip your heart out, while Magic was like an artist, painting beautiful brush strokes on the hardwood canvas.

Both will be remembered for what they did in the NBA but, as human beings, long after MJ stops being profitable and becomes a social outcast, Magic will still be around joking and having fun and making a difference in the world.
damn...
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #19
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends

Kobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

I agree except for one thing. I don't forsee a time when Jordan won't be profitable. The dude is a cash machine.

I don't understand shitting on Magic for being on tv. He is involved in a lot of stuff. It's not like he just sits on his ass re-living the old days. Magic has a lot going on. He does a lot for the community, he's a successful business man and he loves basketball. Plus the fact that there is a lot of people who look forward to hearing from him.
Kobe 4 The Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #20
boxclever
I brick open layups

boxclever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim

of course, 200 student hands instantly shot up into the air
boxclever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #21
SFMF
I hit open 5-footers

SFMF has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Why do you need to diss Jordan in order to prove your point? Your Jordan arguments are very laughable by the way. Magic is simply the showtime!
SFMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:26 PM   #22
BoxOutBOXOUT
Banned

BoxOutBOXOUT has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFMF
Why do you need to diss Jordan in order to prove your point? Your Jordan arguments are very laughable by the way. Magic is simply the showtime!
It's not about dissing Jordan. It's about showing Magic's place in relation to Jordan. One is the more successful player, while the other is the more successful human being.
BoxOutBOXOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #23
FindingTim
National High School Star

FindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
Um its called a job, you know they are paying him for those appearances right??? You are dumb.

If there is one thing I am not, it is dumb.
Try re-reading what I wrote. I was not praising Magic for leading the seminar.

Lastly, why did you call me dumb? Did insulting me help validate your point?
seriously man, what good comes from that?
is it like treading water, where you push down to bring yourself up? I don't get it, and quite frankly, it kind of pisses me off (which probably achieves your pathetic goal of getting a reaction)
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #24
SFMF
I hit open 5-footers

SFMF has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
It's not about dissing Jordan. It's about showing Magic's place in relation to Jordan. One is the more successful player, while the other is the more successful human being.

Magic Johnson, the person who had sex with multiple partners that eventually led to HIV, which led him to quit basketball? How can you even compare someone's 'human-being-ness' based on your biased view?
SFMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #25
get these NETS
you can't stop me

get these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected poster

Magic is a people person with a strong strong spirit.

There might be maybe 10 people alive who know more about basketball than Magic....maybe. Why shouldn't he combine his love of people/spotlight and his vast knowledge of basketball .

The HIV med jokes are pretty pathetic, but not surprising.

Magic is a winner.
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #26
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFMF
Magic Johnson, the person who had sex with multiple partners that eventually led to HIV, which led him to quit basketball? How can you even compare someone's 'human-being-ness' based on your biased view?

Plus, wasn't Magic married at the time, and had a pregnant wife to boot?
Good ole BoxOut, the one time he tries to point out a "Good Niggra" (people who know his post history will get that) it straight backfires.

That's why I try to keep talk strictly basketball on these forums. Because realistically, we don't know Jack Sh!t about these Players' personal lives.
Nevaeh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:29 PM   #27
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Your hate for MJ is for real dog damn. I thought you were a Kobe stan
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #28
Monkey D Dragon
Serious playground baller

Monkey D Dragon is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
Magic Johnson is considered one of the arguably greatest NBA player of all time but the man acts like he got no dignity at all. I never seen another top 10 NBA player tries to get on tv as much as this guy.

he does games for abc, espn, CAR commercials on KCAL, direct tv. DOVE SKIN care for man etc.

now I'm watching NCAA on CBS and here's this ham again talking during the commercial break.

No other top 10 players try to be relevant in the media as much as this nikka. maybe shaq.

he even has a twitter MJ, Kareem, Bird, etc would never do that.

I wonder if Magic Johnson ever turned down a camera engagement ever in his life

Magic likes money fame and loves to chat it up. Nothing wrong with that kiddo
Monkey D Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #29
get these NETS
you can't stop me

get these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaeh
Plus, wasn't Magic married at the time, and had a pregnant wife to boot?
Good ole BoxOut, the one time he tries to point out a "Good Niggra" (people who know his post history will get that) it straight backfires.

That's why I try to keep talk strictly basketball on these forums. Because realistically, we don't know Jack Sh!t about these Players' personal lives.

Magic was HONEST with himself and his college sweetheart......he wouldn't marry her until he was ready to commit.

He was single for years and years.

When he decided to get married and settle down....he discovered that he had contracted the virus.

just clarifying.

but youre absolutely right, threads shouldn't go into whether any athlete is a "good guy/bad guy" or not because who knows?

we only see their public actions and public comments.
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:50 PM   #30
Mark Madsen
Banned

Mark Madsen has not been impressing people

Old AIDS infested n!99@
Mark Madsen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: