Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #16
Harion
Banned

Default Re: What is going on with the Knicks?

i commiserate with the Knicks fan. look no further than Miami's weak start to get your hopes up. it took Miami 20+ game to really get going. and even now they're still stumbling every now and then. have faith in your team you losers.
Harion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #17
pmj
High School Varsity 6th Man

Why are Knicks fans crying so much? I don't understand it. You were a .500 team before and are still a .500 team b/c the trade was fairly even short term.

That doesn't mean it's a bad trade. It's a move for the long term. You have no depth now, but it's easier to get decent role players and improve as a team than it is to find a superstar when you are a .500 team. Wasn't Fields a 2nd rounder and Mozgov undrafted? You just need to find players like that going forward, and you have 5 or 6 years to do it. Hiring a coach that cares about defense wouldn't hurt either.
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #18
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmj
Why are Knicks fans crying so much? I don't understand it. You were a .500 team before and are still a .500 team b/c the trade was fairly even short term.

That doesn't mean it's a bad trade. It's a move for the long term. You have no depth now, but it's easier to get decent role players and improve as a team than it is to find a superstar when you are a .500 team. Wasn't Fields a 2nd rounder and Mozgov undrafted? You just need to find players like that going forward, and you have 5 or 6 years to do it. Hiring a coach that cares about defense wouldn't hurt either.

I'm not a Knicks fan bro. Just wondering what people think on the Knicks' recent struggles.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:36 PM   #19
MELOgamaniac
High school junior varsity star

The problem is the knicks dont have any big men...thats it.

I watch the games and they try there best to play D...but we are severly undersized...We play amare at the 5 and then out back up center is turiaf...we have nobody with any height, weight , or length...to protect the inside...Every team exploits us down low..so even big men that are not that greatly skilled give us problems cause we have to adjust to it....the games we win is because we are incredibly scrappy and get enough breaks

I dont think d'antoni isnt preaching defense..its not his strong suite..but he knows this team need D...but the knicks just dont have the personnel...Melo has been playing good D since being there but unless you are a Big man ...1 person does not change the defense of a whole team..

On the converse side if anyone care, the nuggets are playing well because they have a balanced team with a bench full of starters for other teams in the league..People want to act like this proves Melo isnt any good..but ignore the fact that Chauncey was also on that same nuggets team..and the nuggets got rid of all there scrubs that did get minutes...Blkman, Anthony Carter, sheldon williams. And the nuggets improved on there weaknesses which was Defense and height..with mosgov, chandler, getting rid of old ass billups..and undersized sheldon williams..im curious to see how they perform in the playoffs
MELOgamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #20
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

They need big men to guard the paint. That's their biggest problem. Melo has looked bad for them, but he's also had games under D'Antoni in which he looks better offensively than ever before in his career. Efficient scoring and great passing. With Amar'e, Melo, and D'Antoni, the offense will be good no matter what. The rest of the roster should be geared towards D and support.

Chauncey has looked pretty horrible too. I think I saw a breakdown that reveals him as less of a passer than Raymond Felton, which, at times during the first half of the season, would have been impossible to believe. Maybe some Nuggets fans can illuminate, and I know he's been hurt, but he's been jacking up some terrible shots. Really questionable stuff from a supposedly smart and savvy vet.

The trade was basically a lateral trade. Offense for offense, without addressing any of the actual needs they've had all season.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #21
MELOgamaniac
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter

Chauncey has looked pretty horrible too. I think I saw a breakdown that reveals him as less of a passer than Raymond Felton, which, at times during the first half of the season, would have been impossible to believe..

I was telling people that chauncey is not a passer....he only avgs like 5 ast for a pg...and he NEVER USES THE PICK AND ROLL..and i said that would hurt NY because AMare is the best big for PnR
MELOgamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #22
DeronMillsap
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
Now they are the 7th seed behind Philadelphia. What is up with all this?
That part is simple. The Philadelphia 76ers are much better than the Knicks.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #23
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

the just added a new superstar

poor rebounding team

no defense
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #24
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
Yeah like they should totally leave the league then because they can't defend.
Getting one of them is fine, playing two of them together and building the team around them is stupid.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #25
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

I love how Knicks fans "overreact" over the possible worst, dumbest coach in the league right now, but people saying Melo and Amare suck don't.
Blue&Orange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #26
LastChanceToWin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
You realize Melo had great success in Denver as the man right? As a rookie he lead Denver to a playoff appearance. According to a recent chart I saw (I can find for you if you want) Melo is the most clutch player in the ENTIRE league over the last 5 years. Most game winners made per attempt, highest shooting percentage in the clutch. To say he's unproven is idiotic at best, retarded at worst. I understand you hate him.. but don't start making shit up as if he's the only problem the Knicks have right now.. The Nuggets were just in the WCF's recently with Melo dominating the playoffs and leading the charge.
Wrong! Melo is not a player you want if you have plans of making the NBA Finals. We gave up everything for him. I am not saying he is a scrub, but I definitely did not want him. He takes money from our contract and plays nowhere near what he is worth. His actions on and off the court are inexcusable. What is the first thing he does once he comes to NY? Signs up for a show with his wife. That is not the definition of a winner. Melo is not a winner and does not have what it takes to be a winner. Chucking up shots on a team with no expectations is not impressive. As a Knick, Melo has yet to shoot efficiently in the second half. Melo is one of those players that seems to care in the first quarter and then disappears. He will just completely not give a **** after the first half and start chucking up shots. Maybe if you actually watched Knicks games you would be able to see this for yourself.
LastChanceToWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #27
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
I love how Knicks fans "overreact" over the possible worst, dumbest coach in the league right now, but people saying Melo and Amare suck don't.

put Andris Biedrins next to Amare and get a new coach and yall should be good
Old 03-19-2011, 07:53 PM   #28
DRose1899
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
put Andris Biedrins next to Amare and get a new coach and yall should be good
That Biedrins?
You serious?
DRose1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #29
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRose1899
That Biedrins?
You serious?

lol well then anybody that can rebound
Old 03-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #30
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
Getting one of them is fine, playing two of them together and building the team around them is stupid.
Yeah MJ having Scottie was stupid, why have two that just totally decreases your chances of winning.

The Knicks weren't going to win anything more than one series with Amare as the main guy surrounded by Gallo, Will, Felton, and Mozgov unless they themselves would've started playing great defense.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: