Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #31
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What is going on with the Knicks?

I think it is pretty safe to say that everyone is dissapointed with the Knicks' mediocre start since the midseason trade. Before Carmelo Anthony's thrilling arrival at the Garden the Knickerbockers sported a 28-26 record. Right now, March 19th we have not made any improvements record wise. In fact, we have dropped a spot in the rankings, down to 7th in the Eastern Conference. Not to mention the Knicks would not even have Playoff position if they were in the Western Conference, where they'd have the 10th best record in the Conference. In my opinion it is unacceptable that a star-studded team like the Knickerbockers are just two games removed from being .500 on the season.

So, why are we sporting that 7 wins / 7 losses record since the trade? Let's take a look:

Carmelo Anthony made his spectacular debut on the 23rd of last month at the Garden, versus the Milwaukee Bucks. Even though we pulled away at the end, winning by 6 at home, we have not beaten a sub.-500 team since that game.

Losses: Cleveland, Orlando, Cleveland, Dallas, Indiana, Indiana, Detroit.
Wins: Milwaukee, Miami, New Orleans, Atlanta, Utah, Memphis, Memphis.

*Teams in bold have a sub-.500 record on the season.

This means we have only been able to win 1 game against a inferior competition in 6 tries, 1-5 against sub-.500 teams. Yet we have won 6 games against teams who have a record better than .500 on the season, with only two losses against the Dallas Mavericks and the Orlando Magic. Who, which might be notable, have always given the Knickerbockers trouble in the past.

In our losses the opponent averages 114.4 points per game, in our wins they average 96.7 points per game.

Statistics losses
Rebounding
Rebounding differential: - 3.6 RPG
Opponents rebounding: 44 RPG
New York Knicks rebounding: 40.4 RPG

Points in the Paint
Opponents P.I.P.: 44.6
Knicks P.I.P: 37.1
P.I.P. differential: - 7.5

Shooting
Opponents Field Goal Percentage: 50.7%

Knicks Three Pointers taken: 176 (25.1 threes per game)
Knicks Three Pointers made: 62 (8.9 threes made per game)

Take a guess why we're 7-7.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:28 PM   #32
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELOgamaniac
I was telling people that chauncey is not a passer....he only avgs like 5 ast for a pg...and he NEVER USES THE PICK AND ROLL..and i said that would hurt NY because AMare is the best big for PnR

Felton also didn't play pick and roll

Knicks are so bad because they play bad defense and without any effort against bad opponents.
That's why have 1-5 record against sub .500 teams and 6-2 record against over .500 teams since the trade.

D'Antoni needs to be fired.
There is really no excuse for losing so many easy games if you have such a talented roster.

This teams needs a defensive coach and with D'Antoni we are at point of no improvement.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #33
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
7-7 since getting Melo, lose to the Pistons and Pacers twice. Now they are the 7th seed behind Philadelphia. What is up with all this?
Billups the playmaker of this team is hurt. Next!!!
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #34
LastChanceToWin
Banned

LastChanceToWin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardLastChanceToWin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardLastChanceToWin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardLastChanceToWin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardLastChanceToWin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardLastChanceToWin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardLastChanceToWin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Melo is a little *****. He is always sulky when he doesn't get his shots. I read plenty of articles of Melo yelling at his teammates for not giving him the ball. One example is when Douglas was running with Melo and Williams on a fast break in a 3-1 situation. Douglas passed it off to Williams, who scored the easy dunk. How did Melo respond? He gave Douglas a mean grin because Douglas passed the ball to Williams. This just goes to show the type of person Melo really is. And what I saw is more than enough to know that I don't want him on my team.

Last edited by LastChanceToWin : 03-19-2011 at 08:52 PM.
LastChanceToWin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: