Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 03-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far
Default Best streetball/outdoor shoe

I went through three pairs of shoes last summer playing once a week on an outdoor court. Its surfaced like a tennis court so its pretty abrasive and hard on shoes. I have been playing in a pair of low top hyperdunks and they are by far the best basketball shoes I have played in but I have a feeling I won't get much more than 3 Saturdays out of them. I've been thinking about the Jordan 2010 outdoors

or the retro air raids

I had a pair of the air raids when they originally came out and I don't think they were that comfortable so I doubt I will go with those. Anything else out there?
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
LT Ice Cream
Warriors Til I Die

LT Ice Cream has decent reputationLT Ice Cream has decent reputation
Default Re: Best streetball/outdoor shoe

The designer of the hyperfuse said it was built for outdoor durability. I haven't used them myself, but the construction of the shoe looks like it could take some outdoor abuse.
LT Ice Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
01amberfirewv

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT Ice Cream
The designer of the hyperfuse said it was built for outdoor durability. I haven't used them myself, but the construction of the shoe looks like it could take some outdoor abuse.

Those would probably be close in performance to my hyperdunk lows, thanks, I'll look into those
Old 05-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
Atrokkus
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Atrokkus has an OK reputation so far

So I was wondering if the new Reebok Zigtech Slash shoes are really good for outdoors. Basically, I would ball in any cheap but sturdy shoe -- the ONLY problem for me is the fact that after one goddamn summer the soles are *completely* flat and I skid even on asphalt (especially if there's some dust).

There is this Zigslash sole:

I know it's too early to have any firm evidence, but do you think this sole can withstand much more asphalt punishment than the usual designs? Or the steep relief is only an illusion, and the outer layer gets decimated fast by the abrasion?

Last edited by Atrokkus : 05-05-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Atrokkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #5
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrokkus
So I was wondering if the new Reebok Zigtech Slash shoes are really good for outdoors. Basically, I would ball in any cheap but sturdy shoe -- the ONLY problem for me is the fact that after one goddamn summer the soles are *completely* flat and I skid even on asphalt (especially if there's some dust).

There is this Zigslash sole:

I know it's too early to have any firm evidence, but do you think this sole can withstand much more asphalt punishment than the usual designs? Or the steep relief is only an illusion, and the outer layer gets decimated fast by the abrasion?
I read a review that the white foam (80% of the sole) is slippery and causes the traction issues of the Zig Slash. Look into the early concept Zig shoe for John Wall next year on solecollector and you'll see that they've actually put the black rubber thingy in most of the shoe on the concept
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #6
01amberfirewv

I went with the 2010 outdoor's and have to say they are pretty comfortable. They had mixed reviews but they are probably the most comfortable basketball shoes I have had in a while.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: