Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #46
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NCAA March Madness - Following the Madness (Draft Prospects)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
I'm just impressed with his ability to play the P&R right now at the age of 18 (I think the other aspects of the game will come as he matures). Obviously he wouldn't be an impact guy right now in the NBA though (maybe a top 10 pick though).

Can't really see the Odom comparisons with Jones though, other than the left-handedness and being kind of a tweener. To be fair though, Odom's recent success has come while playing a more conventional type of game.

Jones is in the Odom mold because he can bring up the ball, shoot it, and attack the rim face up. His game and versatility, is something really nice to have in todays game. The only problem with Jones is that he seems to be a weak rebounder for his size and the lack of defense that he shows. I as a Toronto Raptors fan am sick of watching no defense from our players whether it is the post of the perimeter.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #47
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jones has a ceiling but also a high bust potential IMO. He needs to bulk up or risk becoming a Darius Miles.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #48
kmart
No props needed

I wouldn't mind adding him, if he committed to defense/rebounding more and if it meant that we get rid of Bargnani or to a lower extent Amir.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #49
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I still think that for the Raptors to draft another PF, he needs to be incredibly good and way ahead of everyone else that would be available at the Raptors pick. I just don't see that right now in guys like Williams, Jones and Sullinger. I believe in Ed Davis as a solid starter in the NBA.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #50
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

UPDATE:

Butler 74 - Florida 71

Mack killed it this game in the clutch with 27 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists. Macklin put a good effort in with 25 points and 5 rebounds for Florida in a losing effort....

Arizona - UCONN game is just starting...
Old 03-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #51
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kemba just creates openings that aren't even there.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #52
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
Kemba just creates openings that aren't even there.

I say we get a mid first rounder and grab Kemba off the board!
Old 03-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #53
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
I say we get a mid first rounder and grab Kemba off the board!

I wish that's what it took but he'll be gone in the top 8.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #54
Reef
College star

UCONN's got this (I think). Williams in foul trouble. Kemba struggling with the 3 but he just nailed one. I just read that he has a PER of 30 (yes 3-0) and a TS of 55% this season. Unbelievable. And he will be a point guard in the NBA, not a combo guard. You can probably tell, but I'm a fan of this kid, lol.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #55
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Brandon Knight verses Harrison Barnes. Kentucky beats UNC and Knight played a very solid solid game and in my opinion outshone the contribution of HB.

I was a little unhappy with some of the up tempo shot selection but man he made them from all over the floor when needed. He shoots more than distrubutes but then this is college ball... hard to say that he can or cant distribute ; cause we was able to do that a little as well.

Missed the UCON game again. Didnt see Kemba. Obviously will have a chance soon

I have to belive that Knight and Kemba are the two players in the mindset of the Raptors management.

If the other flaming thread thread has any merrit about the future of our core of players i.e Barges is in play:

Ed Davis at 4
Brandon Knight or Kemba at 1
Demar Derozan at 2 (rotates to 3)
Amir as a 4 - 5 rotation player
J Johnson at the 3 (rotates)
Bayliss off the bench
Reggie off the bench at the 5

Not bad - not bad at all.

Not hall of fame but a solid nucleus to build around and 3 years from now should be looking great. Very young with a nice blend of experience.

Add 2 more pieces to that core i.e. Kaman and RIP from the Clipper and Pistons for example and that is a solid east confernce team.

Last edited by Jballer : 03-28-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #56
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

If the ping pong balls drop in such a way that we end up with a 3 or 4 pick - I gotta belive - want to believe we draft the guy another team wants and then do a flip with cash for Knight or Kemba.

I maintain/am sure that 1 will be Irving to Cavs (ping pong balls being rationale)

I maintain/am sure that 2 will be Barnes to Wizards - ditto. Wall and Barnes are a match made.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #57
kmart
No props needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
If the ping pong balls drop in such a way that we end up with a 3 or 4 pick - I gotta belive - want to believe we draft the guy another team wants and then do a flip with cash for Knight or Kemba.

I maintain/am sure that 1 will be Irving to Cavs (ping pong balls being rationale)

I maintain/am sure that 2 will be Barnes to Wizards - ditto. Wall and Barnes are a match made.

I hope we don't just pick up a PG in the draft just because we want one. This draft seems very weak on Points. Also Jose Calderon doesn't seem like a bad player to have on a young team. He would add some veteran experience, steadiness at the point, and some enthusiasm. Yes I know his D really sucks, but its not like he wouldn't be a bad guy to have stick around.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #58
Reef
College star

Knight's really moving up the draft just like Evans in 2009 and George last year. I can't wait to see him vs. Walker on Saturday.

I think the top 4 are Irving, Barnes, Knight, and Williams. After that it's a tossup. I guess both of the Jones', Walker, Val, and Kanter would be next (not in that order). So we better hope we do well in the lottery or by some miracle lose every remaining game.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #59
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
Knight's really moving up the draft just like Evans in 2009 and George last year. I can't wait to see him vs. Walker on Saturday.

I think the top 4 are Irving, Barnes, Knight, and Williams. After that it's a tossup. I guess both of the Jones', Walker, Val, and Kanter would be next (not in that order). So we better hope we do well in the lottery or by some miracle lose every remaining game.

I'd be fine with Kanter.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:22 PM   #60
Reef
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
I'd be fine with Kanter.

I like Kanter's game. It's just his size that concerns me. If he measures out around 6-11 in shoes, I'd definitely have no problem drafting him. The other thing is if the league does go into a lockout and the season is lost, it means Kanter will have not played organized ball for 2 years.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread