Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #76
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default Re: NCAA March Madness - Following the Madness (Draft Prospects)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
My draft preference right now is:

1. Irving
2. Barnes
3. Kanter

Valanciunas is intriguing but I know basically nothing about him other than the general stuff. No idea if he projects into a good NBA player.

What do we really know about Kanter - how he played in 1 year of high school ball!

To me they are the same gamble. At least Val was playing last year and he has more of centre's body.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #77
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
What about Derrick Williams? Do you think he can play the 3?
I personally don't think he has ball handling or quickness to be an SF in the NBA.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:00 AM   #78
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I personally don't think he has ball handling or quickness to be an SF in the NBA.

Derrick Williams reminds me of a Blake Griffin/Danny Granger hybrid with a lot of intensity. I think he's going to be a beast in the NBA. If he's still on the board I would take him, but he's slated to go 1-2 before or behind Irving.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #79
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Derrick Williams reminds me of a Blake Griffin/Danny Granger hybrid with a lot of intensity. I think he's going to be a beast in the NBA. If he's still on the board I would take him, but he's slated to go 1-2 before or behind Irving.

I see more of Corliss Williamson or Al Harrington in Derrick Williams. Not a guy I want.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #80
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
I see more of Corliss Williamson or Al Harrington in Derrick Williams. Not a guy I want.

I haven't heard the name Corliss Williamson in like a decade dude.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:38 PM   #81
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
I haven't heard the name Corliss Williamson in like a decade dude.

Really, a decade? When he was instrumental as the 6th man in the 2004 Detriot Piston Championship squad.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:45 PM   #82
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN

rosonviyavong has an OK reputation so far

WE NEED a three(Barnes, T. Jones, P. Jones, or Williams) unless Bargnani is traded away then we go big with Kanter but yeah it all depends on how the lottery plays out.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:28 PM   #83
Ikill
i be killah swag

Ikill has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosonviyavong
WE NEED a three(Barnes, T. Jones, P. Jones, or Williams) unless Bargnani is traded away then we go big with Kanter but yeah it all depends on how the lottery plays out.
P.Jones has the most potential looks like a bigger Tmac or more athletic Kevin Durant.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #84
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikill
P.Jones has the most potential looks like a bigger Tmac or more athletic Kevin Durant.

I don't know about Perry Jones playing the 3. He hasn't played the 3 for his past 2 seasons in high school or college. IMO hes going to be a 4 in this league, A Lamar Odom type of player that can handle the ball and take his man off the dribble. I don't see the need for with our team. Ed Davis and Amir give us some stability at the 3 for now.

While I do agree that we need a 3, I hope that we don't go out of our way just to get one and draft a 3. Their doesn't seem to be many 3's in this draft outside of Harrison Barnes. I'd rather go and draft a center Kanter or Valanciunas if we couldn't get our hands on Harrison Barnes.

Another thing that seems bad for us is that this draft looks to be strong on 4's. It is disappointing that the 4 is filled already. Its sorta like the year Demar was drafted and there happened to be a lot of 1's but we already had Jack and Calderon filling the void.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #85
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Another thing that seems bad for us is that this draft looks to be strong on 4's. It is disappointing that the 4 is filled already. Its sorta like the year Demar was drafted and there happened to be a lot of 1's but we already had Jack and Calderon filling the void.

Not true, BC was gonna draft Jrue Holliday if he fell down the draft, Derozan was our second option and then James Johnson was our third, (was gonna trade down the draft to get him).
Old 04-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #86
kmart
No props needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
Not true, BC was gonna draft Jrue Holliday if he fell down the draft, Derozan was our second option and then James Johnson was our third, (was gonna trade down the draft to get him).

Get your facts straight, Derozan was drafted 9th and Holiday was drafted 17th overall. Derozan was clearly the guy that Colangelo wanted in that draft and he got him.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:28 AM   #87
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

Quote:
Get your facts straight, Derozan was drafted 9th and Holiday was drafted 17th overall. Derozan was clearly the guy that Colangelo wanted in that draft and he got him.

Aw f*ck, my bad! I been doing this a lot lately.

I just looked at the draft and saw it was Johnny Flynn who BC wanted, I just thought it was Holiday for some reason.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #88
kmart
No props needed

Quote:
Aw f*ck, my bad! I been doing this a lot lately.

I just looked at the draft and saw it was Johnny Flynn who BC wanted, I just thought it was Holiday for some reason.

IMO, he wasn't going to fall to the Raps in that draft and also BC seemed to have his sights set on Derozan.

Interesting you bring up Flynn though, he is a guy that I can see BC bringing in for very little. With his struggles in Minnesota and the potential for Rubio to come in, bringing him in to Toronto shouldn't be at a huge cost. A potential low risk high reward type of player for the Raps.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #89
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

Quote:
IMO, he wasn't going to fall to the Raps in that draft and also BC seemed to have his sights set on Derozan.

Interesting you bring up Flynn though, he is a guy that I can see BC bringing in for very little. With his struggles in Minnesota and the potential for Rubio to come in, bringing him in to Toronto shouldn't be at a huge cost. A potential low risk high reward type of player for the Raps.

Yeah your right, he wasn't expecting Flynn to fall but if he did, he was gonna select him.

If we can bring in Flynn and Oden for a cheap, 1 year contract it could really help for the future and see if they can fit in. If either get a solid season going and refuse to sign an extension, BC or whomever is the GM at the moment should make bank on them and trade the before the deadline.

If they're a bust, no matter because its better then anything we got going right now.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:46 AM   #90
kmart
No props needed

Quote:
Yeah your right, he wasn't expecting Flynn to fall but if he did, he was gonna select him.

If we can bring in Flynn and Oden for a cheap, 1 year contract it could really help for the future and see if they can fit in. If either get a solid season going and refuse to sign an extension, BC or whomever is the GM at the moment should make bank on them and trade the before the deadline.

If they're a bust, no matter because its better then anything we got going right now.

I actually don't mind these low risk high reward type of players that BC is bringing in. Bayless and Johnson both have high potential if given the chance. They can stat pad and have higher trade value, they can be throw in's to a trade. Which IMO is a positive for this team. Best of all is that they didn't cost much to get...

Well... I don't consider a 25th pick be equivalent to a lot, unlike some people on this board.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread