Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
Deadpool
Great young streetballer

Deadpool is considered somewhat coolDeadpool is considered somewhat cool
Default Getting taller?

Hey do any of guys have any tips on how to grow taller? I'm 6'0 and 17 turning 18 this year I really wanna be at 6'4 . Have any of you tried anything to grow more?
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board
Default Re: Getting taller?

stretching and eating the right foods. But I mean that's not going to help more than 1/8 of an inch or so. there isn't anything you do unless you can somehow plant something on your growing gland and then remove it when you are 6'4. If you can find out how to do that coming out of it just as healthy as before, you let me know.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:24 PM   #3
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm about to hit 6'4.

I didn't really do anything. Ate a lot of cheese? Lol. It's in the genes though. My family is tall as ****.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:55 AM   #4
Deadpool
Great young streetballer

I heard since a male can grow until he's 25 genes don't necessarily determine your height. I'm already taller than my mom and my dad. I have a few uncles that are 6'2" or bigger. But I'm just gonna try a high calcium diet and stretching see how that's gonna work out for me.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I read that doing a lot of Yoga and Pilates can really help you grow a few inches. You have to really be commited to it for it to work.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool
I heard since a male can grow until he's 25 genes don't necessarily determine your height. I'm already taller than my mom and my dad. I have a few uncles that are 6'2" or bigger. But I'm just gonna try a high calcium diet and stretching see how that's gonna work out for me.

Lol genes are always going to be a factor in your height.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #7
J21
Can barely lace up my sneakers

J21 has no real reputation yet.

you can't get taller is the short answer.

Long answer is, height isn't really important. There are 6'6 centers in the NBA as well as 5'9 shooting guards. What matter more than height is wingspan, athletecism(especially the second-third bounce if you are an under the rim player) and coordination. If you want to grow to your fullest potential, stay away from heavy lifting, eat right, sleep at least 8 hours a day and stretch each morning and before you go to bed.

I stopped growing when I was 17, after I started lifting weights heavily in addition to basketball. I did all the above mentioned things through my whole life. I'm 6'6 and 1/2" (200 cm)
J21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:53 AM   #8
Deadpool
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J21
you can't get taller is the short answer.

Long answer is, height isn't really important. There are 6'6 centers in the NBA as well as 5'9 shooting guards. What matter more than height is wingspan, athletecism(especially the second-third bounce if you are an under the rim player) and coordination. If you want to grow to your fullest potential, stay away from heavy lifting, eat right, sleep at least 8 hours a day and stretch each morning and before you go to bed.

I stopped growing when I was 17, after I started lifting weights heavily in addition to basketball. I did all the above mentioned things through my whole life. I'm 6'6 and 1/2" (200 cm)
Thanks for sharing that. Those are good points. And insightful information.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #9
Colby Brian
Banned

Colby Brian has an OK reputation so far

you cant control height man, if people could everybody would be over 6 ft
if you eat well and sleep and shit, you can give yourself a better chance to grow taller, but its outta your control
Colby Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #10
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by J21
What matter more than height is wingspan, athleticism(especially the second-third bounce if you are an under the rim player) and coordination.

What do you mean by second/third bounce? I'm an undersized, under the rim player and I need every advantage I can get.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #11
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

I think he means how quickly you could spring back up in the air right after landing from your first jump. Like a ball when you drop it. It takes just a fraction of a second for it to go back up.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #12
mcrd101
Good High School Starter

mcrd101 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
What do you mean by second/third bounce? I'm an undersized, under the rim player and I need every advantage I can get.

work on post moves that are harder to defend. I've been working on a hook shot and drop step is definitely helpful. When I play pickup I usually play as a 4 but im only 6'0", because when I played organized I was considered tall and haven't been able to change my game enough to be an effective 1 or 2.
mcrd101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:39 AM   #13
J21
Can barely lace up my sneakers

J21 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
The best rebounders have the ability to bounce right back into the air after landing. Think of Charles Barkley, Dennis Rodman or Gerald Wallace. They are all undersized but were able to repeatedly jump for the ball. Its extremely hard and exhaustive for most people, but you can do plyometrics to help make it easier.
J21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: