Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Read Some of These Pre '08 Draft Statements

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...08#post5651208

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
imho the bulls should pick beasley. i dont think rose is all that good.

2. Lmao the screen name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GM
a few ideas are:

- package the #1 pick, hughes & deng or gordon for carmelo and camby (maybe throw in some pieces so it can work with the salary cap)

OR

- Take beasley then your starting five would look significantly better then last year

PG: Hinrich
SG- Hughes
SF- Deng
PF- Beasley
C- Noah

W/ Gordon, Selfolsha & Gooden off the bench

3. Lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by the even bigger black guy
No way they take Rose. They NEED Beasley and don't need Rose.

Anyone who thinks they take Rose is an idiot.

4.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
beasley... i for one however think that durant will still be better than beasley i hope am wrong... not unless you would let go of hinrich and gordon to get a big then it would be rose but if the line up will stay as it is i expect beasley to get the nod..

5.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
You have to take Beasley. The guy is a beast man...

6.) Wtf? Lmaooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Rose is way overrated. If he's the #1 overall pick I'll laugh.

Beasely is a no-brainer. I'de even take Love over Rose.

7.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Michael Beasley

I am sure 5335/BULLS is happy now seeing that his team have the franchise player to take the Chicago Bulls deeper into the playoffs.

8.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Who's gonna trade for Hinrich after his crappy season?
As for Gordon, him demanding a lot of money to resign won't help either.

The Bulls should not draft another PG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Everyone in Chicago would have shot themselves or became Miami Heat fans if the Bulls drafted Beasley.

Would've been the dumbest decision in management history to not have taken Rose. Especially since management evaluates them personally. Rose is a fierce competitor that is completely coachable.

Don't get me wrong, Beasley would've been good on this Bulls team, but not when it comes down to picking him over Rose. I thought it was a no brainer for Rose to be picked #1 no matter what lottery team had the pick

Last edited by Go Getter : 03-16-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Read Some of These Pre '08 Draft Statements

To be fair, that MAY have been before Beasley's combine measurements of 6'8-6'9 came out
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hindsight.

I don't think anyone could have predicted just how well Rose has turned out for us.

I also think Beasley would have had a much bettter rookie year if he wasn't in Miami.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

Hey, I was on the Beasly bandwagon myself for a minute. But then that minute passed and I saw the light.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide2keva
Hey, I was on the Beasly bandwagon myself for a minute. But then that minute passed and I saw the light.

As was I

Infact a lot of Bulls fans were. There was no denying that Beasley toyed with those players in college that year. Even the all mighty Bruce Blitz wanted Beasley.

I guess Rose was underrated back then like he is now.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #6
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Taking Beasley over Rose might have been a Sam Bowie over Jordan type deal.

This kid has champion written all over him and Beas isn't even close to his caliber a ball player.

I mean we all fashion ourselves to be evaluators of b ball talent and skill to some extent.

Drafting Bealey would have been a huge mistake.

Remember how negative the Bulls forum was pre 08 draft fellas.

D Rose shut a lot of "negative Nancys" up.

Screw the detractors or haters or whatever, Rose represents us well and has our most hard to please fans the happiest they've been since MJ left.

Last edited by Go Getter : 03-16-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:53 PM   #7
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
To be fair, that MAY have been before Beasley's combine measurements of 6'8-6'9 came out

That's what he was listed at in college.

Idk man the pick was clear cut in my head and I'm glad Pax & Gar felt the same way.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #8
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was split between Rose and Beas, but was definitely leaning Beasley. I figured Rose would take a good few years to develop while MB was NBA ready ( ), but ultimately I was happy with Rose. And then I saw him gel with the team and was a fan straight away, bought his jersey like 3 weeks after the season started.
nightprowler10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:21 PM   #9
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Taking Beasley over Rose might have been a Sam Bowie over Jordan type deal.

This kid has champion written all over him and Beas isn't even close to his caliber a ball player.

I mean we all fashion ourselves to be evaluators of b ball talent and skill to some extent.

Drafting Bealey would have been a huge mistake.

Remember how negative the Bulls forum was pre 08 draft fellas.

D Rose shut a lot of "negative Nancys" up.

Screw the detractors or haters or whatever, Rose represents us well and has our most hard to please fans the happiest they've been since MJ left.
This.

For a while I was iffy on wo to pick, but as the draft got nearer, it was obvious the better pick was Rose.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #10
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Read Some of These Pre '08 Draft Statements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter

I was always on Rose's bandwagon - but not because I didn't like Beasley, I just overrated the big guys we had (mostly due to my mancrush on Aaron Gray at the time).

It's interesting, I don't remember writing any of those comments, but I said Rose would be a top-5 PG in 2 years...too bad I didn't put any money on that!
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: